ECT Should any Assurance of salvation be expected without Full Repentance?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are ignorant of what we believe. There are a half dozen gospels found in the Bible but only one today by which men may be saved.

Your position of two gospels for this age is well documented and repeated often on this board.

You claim the gospel of the Kingdom of God is another gospel to that of Paul's gospel.

LA

Doom

You follow your MAD teachers and you all talk the same.

Are you in the Kingdom of God?

Yes or no.

LA
I am in Christ seated at the right hand of God.

You don't even know who Jesus is, so EVERYTHING you have to say to ANYONE about Jesus is meaningless. You do not know Him, and He has never known you.

Doom

I believe Christ died for my sins, was buried, rose again the third day for my justification.

Is that a false gospel?

Cross reference and LA believe the gospel that the 12 preached to the Jews before the cross, before they knew that Jesus would die for the sins of the whole world, would be laid in a tomb and raised from the dead. They believe in the gospel that showed partiality to the Jew.

musterion

Cross reference and LA believe the gospel that the 12 preached to the Jews before the cross, before they knew that Jesus would die for the sins of the whole world, would be laid in a tomb and raised from the dead. They believe in the gospel that showed partiality to the Jew.

But they're not Jews. Even Jews today are, for now, lo ammi...all people today are essentially as all mankind was at Babel. So how do they expect to be saved by believing Israel's messianic good news?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

oatmeal

Can you explain how this "full repentance" might been seen, made evident, demonstrated, have full proof shown?

What would you see in a person's life that would show that "full repentance" was achieved?

Salvation is received by meeting the two requirements of Romans 10:9-10

Is there a mention of "full repentance" in Romans 10:9-10?

Most assuredly, confessing with your mouth the lord Jesus and believing in your heart that God raises him from the dead is a change of heart, but it is not a perfect change.

Changing lords to serve the lord Jesus Christ does not make us perfect human beings with perfect thoughts and actions, it is a change of view, with all that God makes available in Christ accessible to that new believer

But that new believer need to learn much much more than simply enough to do Romans 10:9-10

Confessing Jesus as lord and then keeping him lord are two different challenges. One is a moment in time, the other is doing that for the rest of your life.

Cross Reference

I believe Christ died for my sins, was buried, rose again the third day for my justification.

Is that a false gospel?

It is part and parcel of the gospel taught in the scriptures you wrongly take to yourself as being the complete truth of it all. Do those things that prove you have turned to God and have changed the way you think and act.

vfirestormv

Cross reference and LA believe the gospel that the 12 preached to the Jews before the cross, before they knew that Jesus would die for the sins of the whole world, would be laid in a tomb and raised from the dead.

It is the same gospel, just fully revealed through Paul.
They believe in the gospel that showed partiality to the Jew.

Again MAD showing they believe only some of what even Paul wrote.
When was Romans written?
And yet he said this:
Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
and
Rom_2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

musterion

It is part and parcel of the gospel taught in the scriptures you wrongly take to yourself as being the complete truth of it all. Do those things that prove you have turned to God and have changed the way you think and act.

You didn't answer my question.

Paul told the convicted Philippian jailor to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and he would be saved. And the Bible says he was. I've done the same thing Paul told him to do. Are you saying I am not saved?

Cross Reference

Confessing Jesus as lord and then keeping him lord are two different challenges. One is a moment in time, the other is doing that for the rest of your life.

So what is repentance about that you should have to keep making excuses for you failures? Doesn't repentance speak of going in the opposite direction? Have you done so? __ completely?