ECT So you say you are saved __ what comes next?

oatmeal

So what should be expected of the one who understands 1 Timothy 2:5 __ just say yes to it and go back to his Xbox?

Getting born again, that is, receiving salvation is not automatic perfection in our lifestyles.

It is one aspect of living a godly lifestyle, using that gift of salvation requires that we know what that gift of salvation is, its potential and how to use it.

A gift you receive that is never opened and used is useless to the recipient.

God's gift of salvation to us is very, very usable and profitable to use.

When we use it we glorify God who gave it and we bring benefit to ourselves and others.

I Timothy 2:5 is the basic truth for the two parts of I Timothy 2:5

"For" indicating that the following is the reason for the preceding.

We need to know I Timothy 2:5 in order to begin to know from experience what the knowledge of the truth is all about.

If someone ignores I Timothy 2:5 it would be similar to getting in a car but not having the keys to start it. You have the car, and may know how to drive it and even have all legal requirements to own and drive, but without the keys, that person is going nowhere.

Might as well get out of the car and find something else to do.

Or find the keys and enjoy the journey

Cross Reference

Getting born again, that is, receiving salvation is not automatic perfection in our lifestyles.

It is one aspect of living a godly lifestyle, using that gift of salvation requires that we know what that gift of salvation is, its potential and how to use it.

A gift you receive that is never opened and used is useless to the recipient.

God's gift of salvation to us is very, very usable and profitable to use.

When we use it we glorify God who gave it and we bring benefit to ourselves and others.

I Timothy 2:5 is the basic truth for the two parts of I Timothy 2:5

"For" indicating that the following is the reason for the preceding.

We need to know I Timothy 2:5 in order to begin to know from experience what the knowledge of the truth is all about.

If someone ignores I Timothy 2:5 it would be similar to getting in a car but not having the keys to start it. You have the car, and may know how to drive it and even have all legal requirements to own and drive, but without the keys, that person is going nowhere.

Might as well get out of the car and find something else to do.

Or find the keys and enjoy the journey

OK. So where does one begin?

oatmeal

Start with yourself. You have yet to define what it is; to be living it and what it entails. Why? You don't know!

Excuse me?

You wanted a definition of salvation?

Why didn't you ask?

James 4:2

You receive not, because you ask not.

What is it you want a definition of?

How to live truth?

Read it, rightly divide it, and live it

If you don't know how, see theway.org and get involved

revpete

So you say you are saved __ what comes next?

Well, surely the biggest challenge after salvation if you do not believe that you are eternally secure would be staying saved, wouldn't it? If on the other hand you do believe in eternal security, wouldn't it be answering all the posts that accuse you of believing OSAS while completely misunderstanding what it actually means? 🙈🙉🙊

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

Well, surely the biggest challenge after salvation if you do not believe that you are eternally secure would be staying saved, wouldn't it? If on the other hand you do believe in eternal security, wouldn't it be answering all the posts that accuse you of believing OSAS while completely misunderstanding what it actually means? 🙈🙉🙊

Pete 👤

So, in the end, it is still about [you] salvation and making sure you are. Is that correct?

revpete

So you say you are saved __ what comes next?

So, in the end, it is still about [you] salvation and making sure you are. Is that correct?

Your question about what is the biggest challenge once saved necessitates an answer that relates to self. The biggest challenge to me personally is trying to live a life that is pleasing in God's sight. The Holy Spirit gives strength, revelation and guidance and we have the promise that no temptation will be too much for us but the adversary still crouches at our doors waiting to pounce.

Once saved we are IMO kept eternally secure but I emphasise SAVED and not merely professing to be. Salvation as Jonah says is of The Lord!

My previous answer was general and a little tongue in cheek. 😜

Pete👤

heir

TOL Subscriber
What should be one's spiritual challenges upon getting saved and claiming to be resurrected with Christ?
The only challenges to getting saved are the road blocks that the deceitful workers put in front of you to corrupt your mind from the simplicity that is in Christ!

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Cross Reference

Your question about what is the biggest challenge once saved necessitates an answer that relates to self. The biggest challenge to me personally is trying to live a life that is pleasing in God's sight. The Holy Spirit gives strength, revelation and guidance and we have the promise that no temptation will be too much for us but the adversary still crouches at our doors waiting to pounce.

Place yourself in the sandals of Jesus when thinking this through:
Here was a saved man, left entirely alone for 40 days and then put to the test. How did He; by what means did He come through it all intended by Satan to defeat Him and, because His flesh, could have been?

Once saved we are IMO kept eternally secure but I emphasise SAVED and not merely professing to be. Salvation as Jonah says is of The Lord!

What kept Jesus secure?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If someone is reluctant to tell you how they were saved, it's because they're honestly not sure they are saved, meaning SAFE in Christ. As you know, that's sadly very common among pentecostals, charismatics, the reformed, etc.

Maybe they do not want to cast any pearls before---

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To not listen to people like you, la, meshak and others who doubt that what He did was enough to save them.

The early church believed the same as I preach----

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What should be one's spiritual challenges upon getting saved and claiming to be resurrected with Christ?

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

It is all a righteous work.

LA