ECT So you say you are saved __ what comes next?

DAN P

Why not start a thread with your question to me as the OP?

This thread is about what comes after salvation, not the details of salvation and how to receive it.

Hi , and I notice that in onr of your replys , you talked about salvation , so I just followed your lead !!

dan p

revpete

So you say you are saved __ what comes next?

Place yourself in the sandals of Jesus when thinking this through:
Here was a saved man, left entirely alone for 40 days and then put to the test. How did He; by what means did He come through it all intended by Satan to defeat Him and, because His flesh, could have been?

What kept Jesus secure?

I am not sure what you mean by the first half of your post. For a start Jesus was not a saved man because He didn't need to be saved as He was without sin. Jesus overcame by The Holy Spirit and we are told that God did not give The Spirit by measure to Him!

Jesus was on all points tempted like we are so He can be a faithful High Priest who identifies with us. He however, is totally without sin. It is not a "what" but a "who!" In Jn 17 The Lord says That He sanctifies Himself (v19) so that we may be sanctified through the truth. The Son of God was kept in the days of his flesh by God. 👑

Jesus is The Saviour and as such cannot need saving.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

I am not sure what you mean by the first half of your post. For a start Jesus was not a saved man because He didn't need to be saved as He was without sin.

Ergo, He was a saved man.

Jesus overcame by The Holy Spirit and we are told that God did not give The Spirit by measure to Him!

That said, how are we to overcome??

Jesus was on all points tempted like we are so He can be a faithful High Priest who identifies with us.

He was priest before He ever began His ministry. It took 30 years to become one.

He however, is totally without sin. It is not a "what" but a "who!" In Jn 17 The Lord says That He sanctifies Himself (v19) so that we may be sanctified through the truth. The Son of God was kept in the days of his flesh by God.

How do you suppose He remained sinless?

Cross Reference

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Jas 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

It is all a righteous work.

LA

Now that you have said that, what comes next after one is saved?

revpete

Ergo, He was a saved man.

That said, how are we to overcome??

He was priest before He ever began His ministry. It took 30 years to become one.

How do you suppose He remained sinless?

Lol, 😄. The Saviour was not a saved man. If He was, then who saved Him and how? Also, if He was a saved man, what was He saved from? If Jesus needed to be saved, when was He saved? If He needed saving, then He must have had personal sin and if that is so then His death on the cross would have been meaningless, also He could not have risen from the dead and that means we just well forget the whole thing because we are all hopelessly and irrevocably lost! If what you assert was not so unbiblical it would almost be funny 😟

We are to overcome by walking in The Spirit and not giving in to the yearnings of the flesh.

"He was priest before He ever began His ministry. It took 30 years to become one,"

Where is your scripture for such a ridiculous assertion? We know next to nothing about the years of obscurity.

He remained sinless because He alone is unique in human history. He is and was from eternity the Son of God. If Jesus did not remain sinless then He lied when He said: "The prince of the world comes and he has nothing in Me." Jn. 14:30.

Pete👤

Cross Reference

Lol, 😄. The Saviour was not a saved man. If He was, then who saved Him and how? Also, if He was a saved man, what was He saved from? If Jesus needed to be saved, when was He saved? If He needed saving, then He must have had personal sin and if that is so then His death on the cross would have been meaningless, also He could not have risen from the dead and that means we just well forget the whole thing because we are all hopelessly and irrevocably lost! If what you assert was not so unbiblical it would almost be funny 😟

We are to overcome by walking in The Spirit and not giving in to the yearnings of the flesh.

"He was priest before He ever began His ministry. It took 30 years to become one,"

Where is your scripture for such a ridiculous assertion? We know next to nothing about the years of obscurity.

He remained sinless because He alone is unique in human history. He is and was from eternity the Son of God. If Jesus did not remain sinless then He lied when He said: "The prince of the world comes and he has nothing in Me." Jn. 14:30.

Pete👤

Don't laugh until you think it through. Jesus, "son of Man" is coming again in clouds of glory. There is a reason why it isn't stated "Son of God" is coming again in clouds of glory.

So when you quit laughing know that you don't possess sufficient understanding of what Jesus was all about.

Get back to your books.

revpete

Don't laugh until you think it through. Jesus, "son of Man" is coming again in clouds of glory. There is a reason why it isn't stated "Son of God" is coming again in clouds of glory.

So when you quit laughing know that you don't possess sufficient understanding of what Jesus was all about.

Get back to your books.

You haven't answered any of the questions I've asked you. Wonder why that is?

The reason why He comes as The Son of man is that He comes as judge. In Jn.5:25,27 The Lord refers to Himself by the two titles, Son of God and Son of Man. The first has to do with resurrection the other with judgement. As The Son of God He raises the dead and as The Son of Man He is able to identify with man and as such is qualified to act as judge.

What I posted was, that the rubbish you posted would be funny if it were not so unbiblical. In case you didn't get it the laugh was sarcastic.

Now please answer the questions that I asked in #47!

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

You haven't answered any of the questions I've asked you. Wonder why that is?

The reason why He comes as The Son of man is that He comes as judge. In Jn.5:25,27 The Lord refers to Himself by the two titles, Son of God and Son of Man. The first has to do with resurrection the other with judgement. As The Son of God He raises the dead and as The Son of Man He is able to identify with man and as such is qualified to act as judge.

What I posted was, that the rubbish you posted would be funny if it were not so unbiblical. In case you didn't get it the laugh was sarcastic.

Now please answer the questions that I asked in #47!

Pete 👤

I got it. You live with what you think. I don't.

It takes thirty years for a Jewish man to become a priest, should he desire it. Why didn't you mention that about Jesus? Perhaps you simply overlooked it.

revpete

I got it. You live with what you think. I don't.

It takes thirty years for a Jewish man to become a priest, should he desire it. Why didn't you mention that about Jesus? Perhaps you simply overlooked it.

Oh boy! Our Lord's priesthood was not after the order of Aaron but Melchisedec. He has an unchangeable priesthood. Our Lord was not a Jewish Priest during the days of His earthly ministry. However, now He ever lives to make intercession for His people before The Father. Maybe you've heard that He is Prophet, Priest and King? 👑 Only one of those offices was fulfilled on earth, one is being fulfilled now and one has yet to see fulfilment.

Now, please answer the questions I asked in #47 and please substantiate your argument with scripture. Either put up or shut up! 😷

Pete 👤