The Banned Debate: Are Sexually Active Transgendered Persons Rapists?

WizardofOz

Are sexually active transgendered persons rapists?

Let us take a man. He feels like he's a woman. He wants to look like a woman. So, he gets surgery to make him look like a woman. He now appears to have female, not male, sexual organs. Let us even grant that he believes that he is a woman.

He then proceeds to have sexual intercourse with another man, failing to indicate to that man that he, in fact, was born a man.

Has he committed an act of rape?

In fact, I'm inclined to think that he has:

Define "rape"; hopefuly a cited definition and not one you're making up yourself...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Define "rape"; hopefuly a cited definition and not one you're making up yourself...

actually wiz, there's no current agreement on what constitutes rape - I'm doing a group paper on rape for my sociology class and you wouldn't believe what some far leftists are pushing for

according to some definitions, most of the sex I had with my wife as a married couple meet the definition because we had been drinking, therefore she couldn't consent :dizzy:

WizardofOz

actually wiz, there's no current agreement on what constitutes rape - I'm doing a group paper on rape for my sociology class and you wouldn't believe what some far leftists are pushing for

according to some definitions, most of the sex I had with my wife as a married couple meet the definition because we had been drinking, therefore she couldn't consent :dizzy:

I've heard of crazy rape charges based on acts similiarly redefined as rape. It seems Trad is likewise redefining the term. I always understood "forcibly or under threat of injury" as a prerequisite for the term. :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
this is part of the column that got George Will dropped from some papers:

Colleges and universities are being educated by Washington and are finding the experience excruciating. They are learning that when they say campus victimizations are ubiquitous (“micro-aggressions,” often not discernible to the untutored eye, are everywhere), and that when they make victimhood a coveted status that confers privileges, victims proliferate. And academia’s progressivism has rendered it intellectually defenseless now that progressivism’s achievement, the regulatory state, has decided it is academia’s turn to be broken to government’s saddle.

Consider the supposed campus epidemic of rape, a.k.a. “sexual assault.” Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I've heard of crazy rape charges based on acts similiarly redefined as rape. It seems Trad is likewise redefining the term. I always understood "forcibly or under threat of injury" as a prerequisite for the term. :idunno:

I would define it more broadly than that.

I'd add coercion, intimidation, incapacitation of the victim, for starters.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Are sexually active Christians rapists? Of course. Some of them are. Others live in good marriages.

There is nothing to fear from being "sexually active." It is a normal occurrence, especially during adolescence. It will always be expressed one way or another.

Many Christian young people who are taught to practice "safe sex" or directed to totally fight against their own urges sometimes get through their own loophole and practice different forms of sex together instead of the commonly-held view of what "sex" actually means.

I am reminded what our president once said: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." His belief as to what sexual relations means is a common notion of most people. It is only genital coupling and nothing more.

jzeidler

Granite:

"Has she, you mean. And no, you don't get to judge the definition of an adult's identity. They do."

No he means HE. Unless he can change every strand of DNA in him where a blood test shows that he is a man he is a man forever despite if he chops off his dick and puts makeup on.

boristhespider

This is almost as ridiculous and dumb as stating impressionists and stand up comedians should be flogged and shot for being , fraudsters and swindlers

boristhespider

[/QUOTE]2. Anyone who disagrees with me, in effect, must argue that the informed consent of his sexual partner doesn't matter, i.e., that it's the feelings, wants, desires, etc. of the transgendered person which matter, not the choice, autonomy, etc. of his sexual partner.

Which is precisely the rapist's mentality and mindset. In order to disagree with me, you must argue like a rapist would argue.
Rapist`s do not get consent , they violently achieve thier ends and i would suggest manifest the meaning of evil , there is a massive difference between that and not providing full disclosure to a consenting partner ,..... is this forum full of bigots ?? between yourself and that centurianwarrior person you pretty much have the unbelievable idiotic small minded category tied up.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Are most of your posts at the other forum about the sex lives of other people?

Beats me. With the exception of the thread that I made about how social liberalism is reducible in principle to a form of atheism (which, I insist, was not predominately about sexuality, even though the topic arose), I basically just entered into discussions which were already ongoing.

It is, however, very revealing about the mindset of the libtards on that forum that, as I posted various things on a thread about Tamir Rice, reports to the moderation were practically just rolling in. None of them actually violated the rules, but people were quick to report things.

And Annabenedetti, I really must object to the underlying assumptions of this question, i.e., that prior to my saying anything, that the matters in question were personal and none of my or anyone else's business.

In principle, that might be true, if people rested content with keeping their perversions to themselves.

They aren't.

The moment that a man publically insists that he is a woman, his business has just become public.

The moment that sodomites demand public recognition is the moment that their business becomes public.

The moment that people demand public funding for contraceptives, again, is the moment that their sex lives cease to be private.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
if i wake up in the morning after a night of drinking and the girl next to me in bed is waaaay uglier than i thought, have i been defrauded?

Not unless she went through considerable (read: superhuman) efforts to hide her ugliness. :p