The Birth of the New Testament Church

Robert Pate

Banned
I see. Well, then he'd be wrong, wouldn't he?

I've had miracle healings, and prayed for people to receive them and they did. That is one of the benefits of the covenant and should be the expectation of the believer. Jehovah Jireh, He heals. Peace

No miracles today.

Only the ones that you fabricate in your head.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place" Acts 2:1.

The word must have gotten out that God was going to reveal some great thing to the apostles that he had never revealed to them before. People came from all over that part of the world to see and to hear what this was, Acts 2:9-11.

What happened next was one of the most amazing events in human history. A sound from heaven as of a rushing wind that filled the house where they were sitting. Cloven tongues like fire sat upon each one of them and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, Acts 2:2-4.

Whatever God was going to reveal to the apostles must be very important for there to be such a demonstration of the Holy Spirit such as this.

"Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues THE WONDERFUL WORKS OF GOD" Acts 2:11. The wonderful works of God is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This message preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost literally turned Jerusalem upside down. Thousand heard and believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4. It was the Gospel message that gave birth to the New Testament church. "Faith came by hearing and hearing by the Gospel of Jesus Christ" Romans 10:17.

No one was predestinated to hear and believe this Gospel message. Some that heard the Gospel and believed it had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:36. Jerusalem was never the same after the day of Pentecost. The scripture says that the apostles went everywhere preaching the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Acts 4:2. They did not preach the death or the crucifixon of Christ, they preached the resurrection.

Pentecostals need to take note that nothing, absolutly nothing was said about the Pentecost experience of the sound of the rushing wind or the tongues experience. The apostles had a much greater message than that. The had the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They had the Gospel that is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16. They had the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Piffle

The proof of what they preached is in the assemblies they established, whether Jerusalem or Galatia or Corinth, we see signs and wonders, miracles, healings, exorcisms, prophecies, tongues and interpretations.

Paul said I didn't come like Pate with wisdom of man but I came with the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost.

You only preach part of the gospel, you keep back a large part.

Robert Pate

Banned
Piffle

The proof of what they preached is in the assemblies they established, whether Jerusalem or Galatia or Corinth, we see signs and wonders, miracles, healings, exorcisms, prophecies, tongues and interpretations.

Paul said I didn't come like Pate with wisdom of man but I came with the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost.

You only preach part of the gospel, you keep back a large part.

The greatest miracle since the history of the world has already happen. The incarnation of Jesus Christ.

No need for miracles, signs, visions, healings today. We now have the full revelation of Christ and his Gospel in the New Testament.

There are no new messages. The only time God does miracles is when he is communicating some new message.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If the western church had what they had the people would be beating the doors down to get into church

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The greatest miracle since the history of the world has already happen. The incarnation of Jesus Christ.

No need for miracles, signs, visions, healings today. We now have the full revelation of Christ and his Gospel in the New Testament.

There are no new messages. The only time God does miracles is when he is communicating some new message.

You are talking nonsense my dear Pate

It is the New Testament which describes the assemblies formed by Paul under the Holy Ghost. When they met one had a psalm or a reading or a revelation or a prophecy or a message in tongues or an interpretation...there were gifts of healing, miracles.

Paul said covet the greater gifts, that's in the new testament which you say is perfect.

You saying the writing down of Paul's doctrine was more perfect than when he physically spoke the word?

How come if the perfect came the church slipped into 1500 years of utter darkness?

Wick Stick

The Holy Spirit does not do works. The Holy Spirit prompts the Christian to do good works.
"The nerves in the arm do not move the arm. They only prompt the muscles to move the arm."

I guess it's true. It's an oddly specific differentiation, though. Big picture: the arm moves.

Likewise... Apostles. Spirit. All part of the workings of the Mighty Arm of the Lord.

Jarrod

Robert Pate

Banned
You are talking nonsense my dear Pate

It is the New Testament which describes the assemblies formed by Paul under the Holy Ghost. When they met one had a psalm or a reading or a revelation or a prophecy or a message in tongues or an interpretation...there were gifts of healing, miracles.

Paul said covet the greater gifts, that's in the new testament which you say is perfect.

You saying the writing down of Paul's doctrine was more perfect than when he physically spoke the word?

How come if the perfect came the church slipped into 1500 years of utter darkness?

The whole point of the book of Acts is that the apostles were taking the Gospel into the world.

God was using many various methods to get the Gospel of his Son out into the world. Tongues, healings, miracles, etc.

But with the full revelation of Christ and his Gospel in the New Testament all of that has ceased.

The New Testament church is alive and well.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And they would probably turn out to be Gospel rejecting, counterfeit Christians.

"The Just Shall Live By Faith" Not by miracles.

You are being foolish on so many levels....You need faith in order to have miracles, Jesus said the reason the disciples failed was because of unbelief.

So if somebody cries for salvation and are saved and can be seen to be saved...this is unbelief according to you.

You my dear friend live by miracles, it's just that you [like the lepers] do not give thanks for it, you draw breath by a miracle...the supper on your table is a miracle.

No doubt you credit the politicians and the money moguls for everything you have.

Did the people swarm Peter because He did miracles? because they heard the miracle of tongues ? did thousands thereby hear the gospel and so get saved? did the church multiply daily?

The same thing is happening in China today...whole provinces....is their faith real? go and ask the ones who have been tortured in the labour camps for up to 20 years

The west needs to wake the heck up

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The whole point of the book of Acts is that the apostles were taking the Gospel into the world.

God was using many various methods to get the Gospel of his Son out into the world. Tongues, healings, miracles, etc.

But with the full revelation of Christ and his Gospel in the New Testament all of that has ceased.

The New Testament church is alive and well.

This is perfect nonsense for it is the New Testament which speaks about the power and manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

"Does God do miracles among you by works of the law or by hearing with faith?" Paul asked

Robert Pate

Banned
You are being foolish on so many levels....You need faith in order to have miracles, Jesus said the reason the disciples failed was because of unbelief.

So if somebody cries for salvation and are saved and can be seen to be saved...this is unbelief according to you.

You my dear friend live by miracles, it's just that you [like the lepers] do not give thanks for it, you draw breath by a miracle...the supper on your table is a miracle.

No doubt you credit the politicians and the money moguls for everything you have.

Did the people swarm Peter because He did miracles? because they heard the miracle of tongues ? did thousands thereby hear the gospel and so get saved? did the church multiply daily?

The same thing is happening in China today...whole provinces....is their faith real? go and ask the ones who have been tortured in the labour camps for up to 20 years

The west needs to wake the heck up

If God is doing miracles today then the Bible is not a closed book.

This is the age of grace and faith. I don't want miracles. The anti-Christ will do miracles, Revelation 13:13, 14. You will probably be deceived by him.

RBBI

No miracles today.

Only the ones that you fabricate in your head.

Uh no....mine were well documented with physicians, the whole of whom said, "We have no other explanation for what has happened other than the one you gave us." In short, Yeshua did it.

By your skewed reasoning, there are two covenants, one for the early church, and one for the ones that came after. That would make Him a respecter of persons, which I can assure you He is not. The soul is the candle of the Lord; yours needs to be "lit", with tongues (flames) of fire. Seek it while it is still available........Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
Uh no....mine were well documented with physicians, the whole of whom said, "We have no other explanation for what has happened other than the one you gave us." In short, Yeshua did it.

By your skewed reasoning, there are two covenants, one for the early church, and one for the ones that came after. That would make Him a respecter of persons, which I can assure you He is not. The soul is the candle of the Lord; yours needs to be "lit", with tongues (flames) of fire. Seek it while it is still available........Peace

Was your miracle internal? They always are and they are always fraudulent.

I will pay a large sum of money for proof of a restored limb that has been amputated through an accident.

Before and after photos only please.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If God is doing miracles today then the Bible is not a closed book.

This is the age of grace and faith. I don't want miracles. The anti-Christ will do miracles, Revelation 13:13, 14. You will probably be deceived by him.

Miracles happen in response to bible faith, it is because you don't have the faith in scripture that those folk had that you see no miracles.

Faith in what?

Did somebody tell you "He bore your sins?" you believed it and received remission of sins.

The same scripture tells you "He hath borne our diseases and carried our sickness"

You didn't hear that part, it wasn't preached to you, so you never believed it.

It all comes from scripture bud

Nanja

No one was predestinated to hear and believe this Gospel message. Some that heard the Gospel and believed it had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:36.

False statement!

All of God's Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 were Chosen and Predestinated in Christ to receive
the Adoption of Sons and an Eternal Inheritance before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4-11.
And their Election had nothing to do with any works they shall or shall not do, but strictly by
the Grace of God given them, according to His Purpose and Grace, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Spiritual ability to Hear God's Word and Believe in Him are God-given, and are evidence of Spiritual Life in Christ:
They were given a New Heart Ezek. 36:26-27: Born Again!

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me,
hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Spiritual Hearing Prov. 20:12 and the ability to believe in Christ Phil. 1:29 are works God does in His Chosen Sons.

But they are not acts that a person, who is still in the flesh, can take credit for by exercising his own free will Rom. 8:8l!

That's just filthy rags Is. 64:6!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Miracles happen in response to bible faith, it is because you don't have the faith in scripture that those folk had that you see no miracles.

Faith in what?

Did somebody tell you "He bore your sins?" you believed it and received remission of sins.

The same scripture tells you "He hath borne our diseases and carried our sickness"

You didn't hear that part, it wasn't preached to you, so you never believed it.

It all comes from scripture bud

You apparently want to see a miracle, because you don't have faith.

Wick Stick

Miracles don't preclude faith; they require it.

If someone understood what happened, that might preclude faith. But then it wouldn't be a miracle, would it?

Jarrod

RBBI

Was your miracle internal? They always are and they are always fraudulent.

I will pay a large sum of money for proof of a restored limb that has been amputated through an accident.

Before and after photos only please.

Sorry Thomas, no severed limbs. But a completely crushed elbow joint restored might count, as it was "lame" and then it wasn't, and all damage was GONE, which included bone fragments, crushed nerve canal, paralysis. But I guess that's not good enough.

How about Stage 4 cancer involving all internal organs south of the heart? GONE within a week of discovery, and the hemorrhaging with it.

Funny, unbeliever neurologists and oncologists BELIEVED, but you a man of the faith, DON'T. There's something wrong with that picture. Peace

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You apparently want to see a miracle, because you don't have faith.

I have seen many miracles in response to faith in God's word.

You are being dull for the greatest miracle in all the world is the new birth...it is a stupendous miracle, it comes by faith in God's word.

Does God say "I am the Lord who healeth thee"?

Why do you not believe Him then?