The Birth of the New Testament Church

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I believe the church began to be in the wake of Jesus's crucifixion his followers huddled in sorrow, for the Jewish concept of "Messiah" was of an anointed military king who was to fight the powers and principalities of the world and ensure the ultimate freedom of the Nation of Israel.

If it were not for the fact of the resurrection, most ordinary Jews would not have joined the little band of Jesus's followers.

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe the church began to be in the wake of Jesus's crucifixion his followers huddled in sorrow, for the Jewish concept of "Messiah" was of an anointed military king who was to fight the powers and principalities of the world and ensure the ultimate freedom of the Nation of Israel.

If it were not for the fact of the resurrection, most ordinary Jews would not have joined the little band of Jesus's followers.

The apostles became powerful preachers of the Gospel after they found out what it was all about on the day of Pentecost, Acts 4:18-20.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The apostles became powerful preachers of the Gospel after they found out what it was all about on the day of Pentecost, Acts 4:18-20.
Pentecost in Acts tells me the Jesus people were getting a real sense of their group and how it fit in with the state of Israel at the time.

Acts has a lot of information about the structure and leadership roles in the early movement.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pentecost in Acts tells me the Jesus people were getting a real sense of their group and how it fit in with the state of Israel at the time.

Acts has a lot of information about the structure and leadership roles in the early movement.

Israel was controled by Rome.

Christianity caused many problems for Rome. No sooner had they crucified Jesus and then this huge problem of all of his followers.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Israel was controled by Rome.

Christianity caused many problems for Rome. No sooner had they crucified Jesus and then this huge problem of all of his followers.
You're right. I too have been amazed at the anti-imperial theology of Paul's and, to a certain extent, in Luke.

After all, it was the powers and principalities of the world that killed Jesus. It was the case of the Domination System having the last word. But the resurrection meant that the last word belongs to God.

Robert Pate

Banned
You're right. I too have been amazed at the anti-imperial theology of Paul's and, to a certain extent, in Luke.

After all, it was the powers and principalities of the world that killed Jesus. It was the case of the Domination System having the last word. But the resurrection meant that the last word belongs to God.

When Jesus walked out of Josephs new tomb that was the end of all world powers.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I like to think it began to happen with his birth. The star, the astrologers, the shepherds, the acts of God for Mary and Joseph--all these were symptoms of a new world.

And the dreams of Pilate's wife...

RBBI

Don't you just love the living Word? Joseph means, "HaShem will add another". Yeshua walked out of that "tomb", and the next in line to be added was Benjamin, "son of my right hand".

And the one that sits at the right hand of the Father, is? :) Peace

RBBI

How about the 10's of thousands of committed Christians that are suffering from cancer and a host of other diseases. Where is their miracle? I guess that you must be one of God's special ones or so you say.

Not special, just blessed. What do you expect when 95% of the "churches" don't teach the whole Word? The Yeshua you perceive, is the one that returns to you. In churches where healing is preached and believed in, healings occur. In those where they don't, nothing happens. Faith without works is dead or death producing, and works without faith is dead, as well. Most of them are one or the other. It was said when He came to them in the boat walking on the water, that if they hadn't SEEN HIM, He would have passed them by. We have to perceive HIM correctly. He IS a healer, period.

There are people out there you hear about every once in awhile, who are prosecuted for not taking their kid to the doctor and the kid died. Sadly, they believed they were standing on the "word". They were standing on the letter, but without a proceeding word of life from the Father's mouth by which we LIVE, it is dead.

Man shall not live by bread/letter alone, but by every word (His Spirit breathed personal word) that proceeds from the mouth of HaShem. I got my Spirit breathed personal word, and stood on it. That was faith. When I called my mind a liar and commanded my body to line up with the WORD of HaShem (the Spirit breathed one), heaven (Spirit breathed word) and earth (me) came into agreement (works). Faith WITH works = the hand of HaShem moving. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
Not special, just blessed. What do you expect when 95% of the "churches" don't teach the whole Word? The Yeshua you perceive, is the one that returns to you. In churches where healing is preached and believed in, healings occur. In those where they don't, nothing happens. Faith without works is dead or death producing, and works without faith is dead, as well. Most of them are one or the other. It was said when He came to them in the boat walking on the water, that if they hadn't SEEN HIM, He would have passed them by. We have to perceive HIM correctly. He IS a healer, period.

There are people out there you hear about every once in awhile, who are prosecuted for not taking their kid to the doctor and the kid died. Sadly, they believed they were standing on the "word". They were standing on the letter, but without a proceeding word of life from the Father's mouth by which we LIVE, it is dead.

Man shall not live by bread/letter alone, but by every word (His Spirit breathed personal word) that proceeds from the mouth of HaShem. I got my Spirit breathed personal word, and stood on it. That was faith. When I called my mind a liar and commanded my body to line up with the WORD of HaShem (the Spirit breathed one), heaven (Spirit breathed word) and earth (me) came into agreement (works). Faith WITH works = the hand of HaShem moving. Peace

The reason that God is not performing miracles today is because he does not want to take away from the greatest miracle of all miracles, the incarnation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

This is the age of grace and faith. If you have to have a miracle you are probably not a believer in the saving power of Christ, which is the Gospel.

God is no respector of persons. If God was healing today, which he is not, then the whole Christian community would be healed, which they are not.

You need to get honest with yourself.

RBBI

The reason that God is not performing miracles today is because he does not want to take away from the greatest miracle of all miracles, the incarnation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

This is the age of grace and faith. If you have to have a miracle you are probably not a believer in the saving power of Christ, which is the Gospel.

God is no respector of persons. If God was healing today, which he is not, then the whole Christian community would be healed, which they are not.

You need to get honest with yourself.

As many as believe Him, ARE. You said, He is no respecter of persons. Which means, there was not one covenant for early church and another one for the latter church (today). You need to understand covenant principles. A blood covenant is binding, and it does not change. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
As many as believe Him, ARE. You said, He is no respecter of persons. Which means, there was not one covenant for early church and another one for the latter church (today). You need to understand covenant principles. A blood covenant is binding, and it does not change. Peace

There is no covenant for the early church, nor is there a covenant for todays church.

Jesus is the new Covenant. There are no binding covenants. "The Just Shall Live By faith", not by laws rules or covenants.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
There is no covenant for the early church, nor is there a covenant for todays church.

Jesus is the new Covenant. There are no binding covenants. "The Just Shall Live By faith", no by laws rules or covenants.
Robert, you have some very crazy and unbiblical ideas.