The Birth of the New Testament Church

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Was your miracle internal? They always are and they are always fraudulent.

I will pay a large sum of money for proof of a restored limb that has been amputated through an accident.

Before and after photos only please.

Usual nonsense arguments...how many amputees did Christ restore?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I will pay a large sum of money for proof of a restored limb that has been amputated through an accident.

So your faith is by sight, you will believe only if you see.

Our faith is in God's word.

Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all His benefits
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities
Who healeth all thy diseases
Who satisfieth thy soul with good things

Robert Pate

Banned
"A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and there shall be no sign given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah" Matthew 16:4

The sign of the prophet Jonah is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

RBBI

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and there shall be no sign given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah" Matthew 16:4

The sign of the prophet Jonah is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

There's a difference between seeking after a sign, and signs and wonders FOLLOWING them that believe. Peter said, Yeshua was approved among them by signs and wonders. Timothy said to study to show thyself approved. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
There's a difference between seeking after a sign, and signs and wonders FOLLOWING them that believe. Peter said, Yeshua was approved among them by signs and wonders. Timothy said to study to show thyself approved. Peace

Not only do you seek for signs, you lust after them.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Doubting Robert

"Unless I see...unless I thrust my hand into His side"

Thomas gets a bad press for when the women first testified that He was risen NONE of the disciples believed.

Many good Christians today will not believe that Jesus Christ is the same today as He was in bible days.

God's word is "do not be disbelieving but be believing..." reach out and touch and pray in Jesu's name, if you are sick call for the elders of the church to come and anoint you...do not be disbelieving but be believing"

Truster

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place" Acts 2:1.

The word must have gotten out that God was going to reveal some great thing to the apostles that he had never revealed to them before. People came from all over that part of the world to see and to hear what this was, Acts 2:9-11.

What happened next was one of the most amazing events in human history. A sound from heaven as of a rushing wind that filled the house where they were sitting. Cloven tongues like fire sat upon each one of them and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, Acts 2:2-4.

Whatever God was going to reveal to the apostles must be very important for there to be such a demonstration of the Holy Spirit such as this.

"Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues THE WONDERFUL WORKS OF GOD" Acts 2:11. The wonderful works of God is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This message preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost literally turned Jerusalem upside down. Thousand heard and believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41, Acts 4:4. It was the Gospel message that gave birth to the New Testament church. "Faith came by hearing and hearing by the Gospel of Jesus Christ" Romans 10:17.

No one was predestinated to hear and believe this Gospel message. Some that heard the Gospel and believed it had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:36. Jerusalem was never the same after the day of Pentecost. The scripture says that the apostles went everywhere preaching the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Acts 4:2. They did not preach the death or the crucifixon of Christ, they preached the resurrection.

Pentecostals need to take note that nothing, absolutly nothing was said about the Pentecost experience of the sound of the rushing wind or the tongues experience. The apostles had a much greater message than that. The had the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They had the Gospel that is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16. They had the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

By your own admission you haven't read the Bible, but not knowing that people were gathered in Jerusalem for the day of pentecost is further proof of your complete ignorance.

Robert Pate

Banned
By your own admission you haven't read the Bible, but not knowing that people were gathered in Jerusalem for the day of pentecost is further proof of your complete ignorance.

Where did I say that I have not read the Bible?

Where did I say that I did not know that people gathered together in Jerusalem for Pentecost?

I think that you are full of hot air.

Interplanner

No, no, don't kid yourself YOU walk by sight for you say "unless I SEE I will not believe"

We believe the word....."who healeth all thine diseases"

We have to be careful not to put "walk by faith not sight" in a category that avoids proof or indicators or evidence. There are tons of it in the NT (please see my past this morning on the sighting of the 500).

By the time this expression is used in 2 Corinthians it has to do with Judaism. Judaism still expects a theocratic messiah and is dangerously close to falling for impostor ones over in Israel. That is a kingdom which is seen--or desired to be seen. The Christian's Messiah, though he did manifest in history, is not resulting in a theocratic power on earth, but there is no less power to his kingdom, because the Gospel is a solid, compelling message which faith "sees". Paul appeals to all individuals in all level of life to obey God because Christ reigns and will be the person through whom this world is judged on the last day.

Truster

Where did I say that I have not read the Bible?

Where did I say that I did not know that people gathered together in Jerusalem for Pentecost?

I think that you are full of hot air.

You have stated that you have not read the entire Bible....care to say you have?

In answer to the second try reading the first three lines of your post.

In answer to the last....ad hominem yet again.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, no, don't kid yourself YOU walk by sight for you say "unless I SEE I will not believe"

We believe the word....."who healeth all thine diseases"

You have no proof that God is doing miracles today.

At the blink of an eye, Jesus can restore blind eyes and severed limbs.

But he is not doing that today.

RBBI

I am living proof that He is doing miracles today. Fortunately for me, your evil heart of unbelief was not around to deny the Word of HaShem, or I would have been dead decades ago.

As for eyes; I have another miracle for you. How do you explain needing reading glasses for 12 years, then suddenly your eyes (at age 59) are not only 20/20 again, but BETTER THAN THAT? I know my eye doctor had no explanation for it, but I do. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
I am living proof that He is doing miracles today. Fortunately for me, your evil heart of unbelief was not around to deny the Word of HaShem, or I would have been dead decades ago.

As for eyes; I have another miracle for you. How do you explain needing reading glasses for 12 years, then suddenly your eyes (at age 59) are not only 20/20 again, but BETTER THAN THAT? I know my eye doctor had no explanation for it, but I do. Peace

How about the 10's of thousands of committed Christians that are suffering from cancer and a host of other diseases. Where is their miracle? I guess that you must be one of God's special ones or so you say.