The Birth of the New Testament Church

Interplanner

Completely unrelated to my post. This shows what a difficult time you have with simple things. Jesus is NOT the new covenant. Nowhere in the Bible can you find such a fanciful idea.

That's from an Isaiah passage, "I will make you a covenant for the people." When you realize what the new covenant is, and that is it is essentially the work of God in Christ (2 Cor 3-5), and that he said 'this is the covenant in my blood' (referring to his sacrifice), then it is not difficult to say that he was the covenant.

RBBI

The covenant is Him writing the law in our hearts, and making us His sons. The blood and Yeshua have to do with HOW He does it. Peace

Right Divider

Body part
That's from an Isaiah passage, "I will make you a covenant for the people." When you realize what the new covenant is, and that is it is essentially the work of God in Christ (2 Cor 3-5), and that he said 'this is the covenant in my blood' (referring to his sacrifice), then it is not difficult to say that he was the covenant.
That is a very fanciful stretching of a vivid imagination.

The Bible is very clear that the new covenant is a replacement for the old covenant. That is actually why the word NEW is in it. It is also clear that the new covenant is made between the same two parties, God and Israel.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is a very fanciful stretching of a vivid imagination.

The Bible is very clear that the new covenant is a replacement for the old covenant. That is actually why the word NEW is in it. It is also clear that the new covenant is made between the same two parties, God and Israel.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of all laws, covenants, testaments.

Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant, simply because he is the intercessor of the new covenant, Hebrews 12:24.

All of the promises that God made to Israel have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of all laws, covenants, testaments.

Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant, simply because he is the intercessor of the new covenant, Hebrews 12:24.

All of the promises that God made to Israel have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
Total nonsense Robert.

Read ALL of Hebrews (and believe what is says):
Hebrews 8:8-11 KJV
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
The new covenant is between the SAME TWO parties as the old covenant: God and Israel. This is just as God has said all along (as Hebrews 8 is quoting Jeremiah 31).

Robert Pate

Banned
Total nonsense Robert.

Read ALL of Hebrews (and believe what is says):
Hebrews 8:8-11 KJV
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
The new covenant is between the SAME TWO parties as the old covenant: God and Israel. This is just as God has said all along (as Hebrews 8 is quoting Jeremiah 31).

The new Covenant is Jesus Christ himself.

When Jesus died on the cross the curtain that covered the "Holy of Holies" was torn by God from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. The temple was destroyed.

This signified the end of the Old Testament law, covenants and the Jewish religion. This is why Paul wrote, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Not by rules, laws, covenants and religion.

Right Divider

Body part

When Jesus died on the cross the curtain that covered the "Holy of Holies" was torn by God from the top to the bottom, Matthew 27:51. The temple was destroyed.

This signified the end of the Old Testament law, covenants and the Jewish religion. This is why Paul wrote, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Not by rules, laws, covenants and religion.
Paul is quoting old covenant writing, not saying something new:
Hab 2:4 KJV Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
You have a lot to learn.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul is quoting old covenant writing, not saying something new:
Hab 2:4 KJV Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
You have a lot to learn.

There is no difference, whether it be New Testament or Old Testament "The Just Shall Live By Faith".

Right Divider

Body part
There is no difference, whether it be New Testament or Old Testament "The Just Shall Live By Faith".
They why did YOU say "This is why Paul said...."?

You just cannot come to grips with the truth of scripture. Your understanding of the old and new covenants needs tons of work.

Jesus is not the new covenant, no matter how much you try to make it so.

When Jesus returns to establish His kingdom and brings in the new covenant, He will "put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts"(Jer 31:33). Do you think that they just ignore the law at that point?

Robert Pate

Banned
They why did YOU say "This is why Paul said...."?

You just cannot come to grips with the truth of scripture. Your understanding of the old and new covenants needs tons of work.

Jesus is not the new covenant, no matter how much you try to make it so.

When Jesus returns to establish His kingdom and brings in the new covenant, He will "put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts"(Jer 31:33). Do you think that they just ignore the law at that point?

There will be no laws, rules or covenants for the Christian when Jesus returns.

Where there is laws and rules there is judgment.

We will be like him when he appears, Colossians 3:4.

achduke

There will be no laws, rules or covenants for the Christian when Jesus returns.

Where there is laws and rules there is judgment.

We will be like him when he appears, Colossians 3:4.

There is always right and wrong. Laws dictate what is right. The holy spirit leads us to follow the law(instructions) and not to break it in the future.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no covenant for the early church, nor is there a covenant for todays church.

Paul had a different opinion.

And this I say that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect. (Galatians 3:17 NKJV)​

It was Paul's opinion that the Mt. Sinai covenant did not annul the Abrahamic covenant which is why Paul said, "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise. (Galatians 3:29 NKJV)

Robert Pate

Banned
There is always right and wrong. Laws dictate what is right. The holy spirit leads us to follow the law(instructions) and not to break it in the future.

There will be no laws in heaven because there will be no sin in heaven.

A good Son does not need to be told what to do. He knows what pleases his Father and what does not please his Father.

Paul said that the law is for sinners and the disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul had a different opinion.

And this I say that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect. (Galatians 3:17 NKJV)​

It was Paul's opinion that the Mt. Sinai covenant did not annul the Abrahamic covenant which is why Paul said, "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise. (Galatians 3:29 NKJV)

All of the promises that God made to Israel have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law and the old covenant.

Paul said to be under the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All of the promises that God made to Israel have been fulfilled in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law and the old covenant.

Paul said to be under the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

If what you say is true then why do you keep talking about the law?

achduke

There will be no laws in heaven because there will be no sin in heaven.

A good Son does not need to be told what to do. He knows what pleases his Father and what does not please his Father.

Paul said that the law is for sinners and the disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

The law is for sinners but it still exists.

Ezekiel 36:27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Robert Pate

Banned
The law is for sinners but it still exists.

Ezekiel 36:27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

That's Old Testament stuff that was written under the law.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law.

RBBI

The Spirit came so we COULD keep the law, which is why Yeshua, speaking as the Seed, said He came not to do away with the law. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
The Spirit came so we COULD keep the law, which is why Yeshua, speaking as the Seed, said He came not to do away with the law. Peace

I am afraid not.

The Spirit replaces the law, but it is not another law.

To live by the Spirit is to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

"The Just Shall Live By Faith" not by rules, laws or religion.

Paul said to be under the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10, 11.

Under the law you have to do. Under grace you want to do. Big, big, difference.