The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was twenty years old at the time and I'll tell you that it is the greatest feat performed by mankind. The landings on the moon are real and true. Your choice not to believe. My choice is to believe. So much for my input.
You are correct and I am proud to state my dad was a part of this amazing feat. Guys like Patrick and Dave insult my father and all the amazing work he put in helping man walk on the moon.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you realize that everything you have said here is completely wrong. Take this comment: "A curved earth would be confirmed by ships, buildings, trees (even a helicopter) slanted away from viewer. Everything, as far away as we can view them with telescope and camera are still perpendicular to a straight horizon and flat plane." When you are looking a distant buildings the angle between the building and the horizon will ALWAYS be 90°. Since the building would be slanted AWAY from you, you would not be able to see that. We can measure it. It has been confirmed that the suspension towers on the Golden Gate Bridge to actually "slant" away from each other. Not bu much, about 1-13/16", but they do.

Your claim of 14' of error in the helicopter experiment is also wrong because you are not using the 8" of drop per mile correctly. 8" per mile is measured from a line drawn perpendicular to the radius of the Earth. When you look at how you must actually deal with the curvature of the Earth, you get a very different result. Since the person who did experiment did not do the math for both the 8"/mile and the actual method for dealing with the Earth's curvature his experiment is fraudulent. It's to bad really, If he had been honest in his efforts it would have actually been a very interesting experiment.

This things are why you are not taken seriously. The amount of math and science that you must ignore and claim as false is so great that you lose credibility. You make no effort to explain gravity, many simply deny that it exists. You cannot explain why to things with identical densities have different weights. You cannot explain sunrises and sunsets. Odds are extremely high that you will not respond to the specific points about the errors in your statement that I pointed out above.

Earth Curve Calculator

This calculator is not very hard to use, try it.

The 8 inch per mile squared gives us a 24 foot drop, which they got right.

Then when we factor the 6 mile distance viewed at a 3 foot height we get a 10 foot block, not a 24 foot block as was wrong in the video.

Stop making whinny excuses for a fraudulent test.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Earth Curve Calculator

This calculator is not very hard to use, try it.

The 8 inch per mile squared gives us a 24 foot drop, which they got right.

Then when we factor the 6 mile distance viewed at a 3 foot height we get a 10 foot block, not a 24 foot block as was wrong in the video.

Stop making whinny excuses for a fraudulent test.

--Dave
They did the right math for the wrong experiment. You do not understand the line from which that 8" is measured. It is a gross error made by a novice who doesn't understand how to do science. There is another calculation, you can find it in the link that I posted above. That is the calculation they did t make and that is why their "experiment" is wrong: they didn't verify both possible explanations. It is a fraud they are attempting to pass as real science. You are guilty of exactly the same thing by willfully ignoring the same calculation.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are correct and I am proud to state my dad was a part of this amazing feat. Guys like Patrick and Dave insult my father and all the amazing work he put in helping man walk on the moon.

I respect your love for your Dad and your desire to honor him, but this debate is not about him.

Accusing Patrick and I of insulting your father by this debate is unfair and unwarranted.

Defeat flat earth arguments, defend the globe, and please leave your love for your father out of this. Separate the two because I will never argue on behalf of any issue against someone's love for their parent.

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I respect your love for your Dad and your desire to honor him, but this debate is not about him.

Accusing Patrick and I of insulting your father by this debate is unfair and unwarranted.

Defeat flat earth arguments, defend the globe, and please leave your love for your father out of this. Separate the two because I will never argue on behalf of any issue against someone's love for their parent.

--Dave
But your argument dis honors and disrespects all the people who have worked to put a man on the moon. You call them liars claim all their work is fake with ever bothering to support claims such as gravity doesn't exist.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They did the right math for the wrong experiment. You do not understand the line from which that 8" is measured. It is a gross error made by a novice who doesn't understand how to do science. There is another calculation, you can find it in the link that I posted above. That is the calculation they did t make and that is why their "experiment" is wrong: they didn't verify both possible explanations. It is a fraud they are attempting to pass as real science. You are guilty of exactly the same thing by willfully ignoring the same calculation.

You're losing me on this. When I have time I will look at your other calculation and try to understand what you're saying.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But your argument dis honors and disrespects all the people who have worked to put a man on the moon. You call them liars claim all their work is fake with ever bothering to support claims such as gravity doesn't exist.

Who has not been dishonored or disrespected by someone making a counter claim?

And the arguments for not having been to the moon are supported by evidence and gravity is simply a faith based idea not a scientific discovery.

You can argue that you don't think the evidence is compelling for the earth is flat and we never went to the moon, but you can't deny the evidence is there without making me laugh.

The maneuvering of a horizontally moving craft (the lem) to a sudden vertical landing is impossible on the moon or on earth.

--Dave

PS At about the 4:34 mark on this official NASA video we hear command base from earth say "60 seconds".

At about the 4:44 mark (10 seconds later) we hear command say "30 seconds".

At about the 4:54 mark (10 seconds later) we hear command say "we copy you down".

This is how you uncover fraud. You can't go from 60 seconds to 30 seconds in 10 seconds. And you certainly can't go from moving horizontally to a vertical landing in seconds.

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Accusing Patrick {PJ} and I of insulting your father by this debate is unfair and unwarranted.
On the contrary a claim that the landing on the moon was a fake is a claim that all those that participated in the effort were either dupes or duplicitous in the claimed charade by the flat earth proponent. It is quite fair and warranted for [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] to make the claim.

It also is a claim that many Christians that were involved in the effort are lying sinners. Unless, of course, flat earthers want to claim those that are "in the know" are all non-believers sitting around and mocking the faithful they have kept in the dark while they worked on the moon landing project.

Not unexpectedly, no one has provided a sufficient response to the efforts required to support the fake moon landing conspiracy when examining some very basic pragmatic aspects:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...moon-Part-II&p=5214743&viewfull=1#post5214743

Accordingly, flat earthers need to drop the moon landing conspiracy claims and seek to find a means of agreeing the moon landing actually happened, yet such a landing does not dispute the flat earth claims. If and until that happens any view that claims we have all been fooled for half a century is prima facie evidence of the hysteria required to support a flat earth view.

One need only read the daily news to see how tantalizing it is for the attention seeker to leak the latest "secret" and lay claim to notoriety. There is simply no way such a massive conspiracy such as fake moon landing could be maintained in our current society.

AMR

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Who has not been dishonored or disrespected by someone making a counter claim?

And the arguments for not having been to the moon are supported by evidence and gravity is simply a faith based idea not a scientific discovery.

You can argue that you don't think the evidence is compelling for the earth is flat and we never went to the moon, but you can't deny the evidence is there without making me laugh.

The maneuvering of a horizontally moving craft (the lem) to a sudden vertical landing is impossible on the moon or on earth.

--Dave

PS At about the 4:34 mark on this official NASA video we hear command base from earth say "60 seconds".

At about the 4:44 mark (10 seconds later) we hear command say "30 seconds".

At about the 4:54 mark (10 seconds later) we hear command say "we copy you down".

This is how you uncover fraud. You can't go from 60 seconds to 30 seconds in 10 seconds. And you certainly can't go from moving horizontally to a vertical landing in seconds.
The rate at which Flat Earther's deny science, fabricate evidence, ignore math and fabricate conspiracy theories is fascinating. You have not presented one piece of evidence in this thread or any other that has not been soundly rebuked. You claim to be an expert about the physics of landing a LEM on the moon but have never seen anything other than whats on YouTube. The scientists, engineers and astronauts spent YEARS perfecting the vehicle and you want me to accept your analysis of a YouTube video as a complete refutation of years of work.

You deny the existence of gravity yet anybody can easily observe the effects of gravity by dropping something. To date, you have not provided ANY explanation for why this happens on a flat Earth.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You're losing me on this. When I have time I will look at your other calculation and try to understand what you're saying.

--Dave

I will wait to see what you come up with. Here is a hint, if you are using this to calculate what you think you should see, you are using the wrong calculation.

earth-curve-calcuation.jpg

You need to be using this:
curvature-b.png

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Actually it is about my dad. After all... you, patrick, STP, and the rest of the FE goof troop claim that my father's work for Martin Marietta didn't actually happen. And that my dad must have been "in" on the grand conspiracy to fake the moon landing which in turn helps cover the truth that the earth is actually flat. Just typing that makes me chuckle.

Furthermore... your claims insinuate that my father lied to me and the rest of the family about his accomplishments. Therefore as you might understand this is a very important aspect of this topic for me so I will not stop bringing up my father.

Suck it up buttercup.

Defeat flat earth arguments, defend the globe,
I've done that. Clete has done that. ARM, Judge Rightly, Right Divider, Stuu, daqq, Cabinet Maker, and a host of others have done that. In fact I have never seen such an utterly destroyed and debunked "theory" in all my life. Heck the only reason any of us continue this conversation is it's fun to destroy stupid crap like this.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Accordingly, flat earthers need to drop the moon landing conspiracy claims and seek to find a means of agreeing the moon landing actually happened, yet such a landing does not dispute the flat earth claims. If and until that happens any view that claims we have all been fooled for half a century is prima facie evidence of the hysteria required to support a flat earth view.

One need only read the daily news to see how tantalizing it is for the attention seeker to leak the latest "secret" and lay claim to notoriety. There is simply no way such a massive conspiracy such as fake moon landing could be maintained in our current society.

AMR
Well said. :up:

Stuu

If the earth doesn't move I'm trying to think how that could be figured or calculated. Here's a short video but I don't get some things usually on technical stuff, maybe you or others will. If earth doesn't move though, what would have to be explained by the different speeds of the sun and moon. Some think the moon is a special kind of luminary with different properties than we think. I think the moon moves slower than the sun but I don't know if that's the reason for the phases etc. I'll have to keep that in mind while researching and keep looking for flat earth explanations on it.
From Video :This should explain the Moon and its phases 100%. You can verify all of this with your own eyes.PLEASE WATCH: The Sun, Moon and Stars EXPLAINEDhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zVt...

Slight Profanity

Your man there thinks the lunar eclipse, which of course is the earth coming between the sun and the moon, was caused by a fourth celestial body hovering over the North Pole. Of course he is right that there needs to be something between the sun and the moon, and it has to be a sphere because its shadow on the moon is always curved, and it has to have an atmosphere, because that is what refracts the sun's light, leading to the red light being projected onto the moon.

Did anyone see, or photograph this North Pole interloper that caused the lunar eclipse?

The diagram shown for when the sun is over China, and the moon over New Jersey, implies that an observer in Chile would see a bottom new moon, while at the same time someone in Canada would see a bottom-gibbous or full moon.

Why is it that actually the same phase of moon is seen everywhere on earth at the same time, when the moon is visible?

Does it not strike you as even slightly distracting that all of the proposed bodies in this elaborate model are spherical except the earth?

Stuart

SaulToPaul 2

The earth is not flat!

Isaiah 40:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Argue with the Almighty about it.

Hi BR!

"A tent to dwell in..."

Flat earth with a dome.

SaulToPaul 2

FYI...just because a system is evil does not mean that the majority of individuals working within that system are not basically decent with good intentions. It is likely they do not understand the level of deception that is going on above them.

For example, the IRS is a system of theft. I have no doubt that many of the IRS employees are simply trying to do a good job and take care of their families. They may not even realize that it's theft.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
FYI...just because a system is evil does not mean that the majority of individuals working within that system are not basically decent with good intentions. It is likely they do not understand the level of deception that is going on above them.

For example, the IRS is a system of theft. I have no doubt that many of the IRS employees are simply trying to do a good job and take care of their families. They may not even realize that it's theft.
True but if the IRS worker was taking all the money they collected and feeding it into the mouth of Jabba the Hutt I'm fairly certain word would leak out. Furthermore... I think they would realize they were lying to their friends and family about what they did for employment.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm dying to know who stayed back and filmed them leaving the moon! :)

It's called a camera. Believe it or not you don't always need to have a human physically operating a camera for it to function. Have you ever taken a picture of your family using a timer or remote control??? What sort of witchcraft am I talking about??? Click here.

Now you know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.