The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You need to answer my question to get at what gravity is. Why do two people with the same density have different weights? What explains the difference?

As you should know by now, if you have a point to make, make it. Don't ask me to do what you are already planning to do. So answer your own question.

--Dave

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So all the imagery from satellites, hubble telescope etc. are just some kind of "trick photography"? The earth is a sphere. Is the moon flat as well? Is the sun flat as well?

Goofy .... totally goofy.

Yes. The flat-headers actually believe that everything is flat. Moon, sun, everything. Utter nonsense.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is gravity?

My comment about the video I that says that gravity is what pulls things down. But that is not merely what gravity is.

"Gravity or gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which all things with energy are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another, including stars, planets, galaxies and even light and sub-atomic particles. Gravity is responsible for many of the structures in the Universe, by creating spheres of hydrogen — where hydrogen fuses under pressure to form stars — and grouping them into galaxies." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

With a correct definition of gravity we can call this video a straw man argument. For atheists gravity created the universe. For Christians God created the universe. For theistic evolutionists God used gravity to create the world. Gravity as that which "pulls" things to the center of a globe is a necessity. On a flat earth the mass, density, weight of a thing keeps it from floating in space.

--Dave

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
1) What is the approximate length of the Arctic Circle?

2) What is the approximate length of the Antarctic Circle?

So there.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What is gravity?

My comment about the video I that says that gravity is what pulls things down. But that is not merely what gravity is.

"Gravity or gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which all things with energy are brought toward (or gravitate toward) one another, including stars, planets, galaxies and even light and sub-atomic particles. Gravity is responsible for many of the structures in the Universe, by creating spheres of hydrogen — where hydrogen fuses under pressure to form stars — and grouping them into galaxies." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

With a correct definition of gravity we can call this video a straw man argument. For atheists gravity created the universe. For Christians God created the universe. For theistic evolutionists God used gravity to create the world. Gravity as that which "pulls" things to the center of a globe is a necessity. On a flat earth the mass, density, weight of a thing keeps it from floating in space.

--Dave

You're forgetting the fact that Creationists teach that God created the universe with gravity as one of its attributes, and used gravity to hang moons in orbit around planets, planets in orbit around stars, some stars in orbit around other stars, and entire solar systems around the center of galaxies.

You make a straw man against Creationists saying that gravity contradicts special creation. It doesn't.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're forgetting the fact that Creationists teach that God created the universe with gravity as one of its attributes, and used gravity to hang moons in orbit around planets, planets in orbit around stars, some stars in orbit around other stars, and entire solar systems around the center of galaxies.

You make a straw man against Creationists saying that gravity contradicts special creation. It doesn't.

Since the word gravity does not appear in the Bible we cannot make a Biblical case for its existence and if God created it, but I would agree that one could still make that claim but it can't be Biblically validated.

The problem is the concept of gravity's effect on "all" things. "Gravity is the force that attracts a body toward the center of the Earth, or toward any other physical body having mass...everything that has mass will cause a gravitational pull on other objects. In fact, wrap your head around this: Every atom on the earth is pulling at every atom in your body, the sum result of all this force we call gravity. ... Newton's force paris: equal and opposite force. https://www.google.com/search?q=wha.....69i57j0l5.7304j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Gravity = space

Space is filled with gravity means space and gravity are the same thing. I hope you are beginning to see the problem. If gravity is pulling all particles together then over time everything would become one large mass. And if gravity is pulling every particle together then why are some particles / planets moving away from each other? How can space be both pulling together and pushing away every particle in it? Do you see the contradiction?

--Dave

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
As you should know by now, if you have a point to make, make it. Don't ask me to do what you are already planning to do. So answer your own question.

--Dave
I have made my point. My point was that your explanation that density accounts for the weight of things is wrong. You cannot explain to us why your theory of density does not explain why two people with the same density but different heights have different weights. The point is Dave that your theory is wrong.

Now, if you'd care to take a second chance at explaining why two people with different heights but the same density have different weights when they step on the scale.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have made my point. My point was that your explanation that density accounts for the weight of things is wrong. You cannot explain to us why your theory of density does not explain why two people with the same density but different heights have different weights. The point is Dave that your theory is wrong.

Now, if you'd care to take a second chance at explaining why two people with different heights but the same density have different weights when they step on the scale.

I do medical sales and I have sold and set up a lot of scales in doctors offices. Personally, I went from 170 to 195 in one year by working out with weights. Everybody has different bone and muscle mass and density. Height alone is not an indicator of weight. No one has the exact same bone/muscle mass and density. Only if any two persons had the same mass and density of both bone and muscle along with the same height would they weigh the same.

Your example has nothing to do with gravity.

See my last post about the problem with gravity and try to answer it.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
Since the word gravity does not appear in the Bible we cannot make a Biblical case for its existence and if God created it, but I would agree that one could still make that claim but it can't be Biblically validated.

The problem is the concept of gravity's effect on "all" things. "Gravity is the force that attracts a body toward the center of the Earth, or toward any other physical body having mass...everything that has mass will cause a gravitational pull on other objects. In fact, wrap your head around this: Every atom on the earth is pulling at every atom in your body, the sum result of all this force we call gravity. ... Newton's force paris: equal and opposite force. https://www.google.com/search?q=wha.....69i57j0l5.7304j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Gravity = space

Space is filled with gravity means space and gravity are the same thing. I hope you are beginning to see the problem. If gravity is pulling all particles together then over time everything would become one large mass. And if gravity is pulling every particle together then why are some particles / planets moving away from each other? How can space be both pulling together and pushing away every particle in it? Do you see the contradiction?

--Dave
Dave, where do you get your insane definitions?

Gravity is NOT equal to space.

What causes things to fall to the earth? Neither MASS nor DENSITY can explain that. There is clearly a force of some sort that causes things to fall to the earth regardless of the shape of the earth.

Why are you so childishly obstinate about this?

Right Divider

Body part
I do medical sales and I have sold and set up a lot of scales in doctors offices. Personally, I went from 170 to 195 in one year by working out with weights. Everybody has different bone and muscle mass and density. Height alone is not an indicator of weight. No one has the exact same bone/muscle mass and density. Only if any two persons had the same mass and density of both bone and muscle along with the same height would they weigh the same.

Your example has nothing to do with gravity.

See my last post about the problem with gravity and try to answer it.

--Dave
Instead of humans, lets use a block of steel.

Take a block of steel that has the same density throughout. Cut it into two different sized pieces.

Why does the larger block with the SAME density weight more?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Gravity = space

--Dave

Dave, question for you.

Did God create darkness?
Or did darkness come about as a result of God creating light?

I'll respond to the rest of your post that I'm quoting here when I get an answer to my question, along with the response you give me.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, where do you get your insane definitions?

Gravity is NOT equal to space.

What causes things to fall to the earth? Neither MASS nor DENSITY can explain that. There is clearly a force of some sort that causes things to fall to the earth regardless of the shape of the earth.

Why are you so childishly obstinate about this?

Try to answer the question.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Try to answer the question.

--Dave

So if my stomach is filled with water, does that mean that my stomach is water? Your logic really sucks, Dave.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So if my stomach is filled with water, does that mean that my stomach is water? Your logic really sucks, Dave.

If all stomachs were filled with water at all times and found nowhere else but in stomachs then stomachs and water would be the same thing.

If all space at all times is filled with gravity acting on everything that was not space then space and gravity would be the same thing.

Einstein argued that space and time were the same thing. "Space-time is a mathematical model that joins space and time into a single idea called a continuum."

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.