Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm looking forward to a similar punchline regarding the entirety of this thread.

By the way..... I'm usually the last one to figure out an April Fool's joke so if you are pulling one over on me it's funny but not much of an accomplishment.
Isn't it a bit early for April Fool's jokes?[emoji14]

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Maybe it's a long con.
Reminds me of a few stories from Reddit, specifically one about someone who jokingly acted as if he had never heard of (let alone seen) a potato before, went to his girlfriend's house to have dinner, and they believed him, and he played into it so well that now he can't just say it was a joke. So hopefully this doesn't go on that long...

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you technically allowed to use "learned" and "Flat Earth" in the same sentence? :think:

I'll go one better and say the logo is exactly what it looks like. :plain: What?

Where does the Great Turtle come into this? (Ha, trick question, as we come into the Great Turtle)

Whereas this theory circles the drain from a much nearer distance.

How would it manage to do that?

No one believes that stars are planets and the distances vary, but we can calculate that the nearest neighboring star is 93 million miles...that's the sun, by the way. The next nearest star system is around 4.37 light years from the sun.

How do we know how far away things are from us in the cosmos? Well Hipparchus did it with the parallax. Objects observed from different angles shift in line of sight by degree, with the nearer causing the greater shift. Want to demonstrate the effect yourself? Hold out your arm and give it the old hitchhiker's thumb. Close one eye, then open it and close the other. You'll see the shift is dramatic with the thumb and not so much with the objects farther away and behind it. So he applied a little geometry in observing the moon from two cities at a fixed distance and came within less than a 10% variance from our modern and more accurate assessments.

What's it made of? :plain:

Is it infinite?

I've always said that most of the real problems of the world could be traced to ice walls.

The ancient world believed the earth was flat and seemed to have no problem navigating the oceans and creating and accurate calendar.

All calculations about what is or is not a star, or how far away the sun, moon, and stars are, are theoretical and not verifiable. All cosmological constructs are faith based.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The ancient world believed the earth was flat and seemed to have no problem navigating the oceans and creating and accurate calendar.

All calculations about what is or is not a star, or how far away the sun, moon, and stars are, are theoretical and not verifiable. All cosmological constructs are faith based.

--Dave

This is so wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. So I'll just leave this here for you to read. kgov.com/360

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My question requires a numerical answer of some sort, not an image. Let's try again...

Dave, Answer this question please:

If the earth is truly flat, what is the distance in a straight line from the southern tip of Africa to the southern tip of South America?

I've never measured it so I don't know. Obviously it's a lot farther than on a globe model.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm looking forward to a similar punchline regarding the entirety of this thread.

By the way..... I'm usually the last one to figure out an April Fool's joke so if you are pulling one over on me it's funny but not much of an accomplishment.

I was joking about ships falling off the edge of the flat earth. I am very serious about a flat motionless earth being possibly true.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That for all its immense complexity, it's easier to understand than why you believe in the flat earth conspiracy.

Meanwhile, how do satellites work in your universe?
Especially since I'm sure he uses GPS... Or would that be DPS, "Disk Positioning System"?

Status
Not open for further replies.