The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Or maybe it is, and the sun and moon are not moving. How do you know? You say we've never been to space, so what method do you have to say that it's not us rotating, but the sun and moon that are?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I'v already given a long explanation for this, but briefly;

Every physical object, animal, or person that moves on the surface of the earth and every physical object, bird, plane, etc. that moves through the sky, cuts right through the atmosphere of space that is around us and above us.

If the earth were a globe rotating at 1000 mph, it too would cut through the atmosphere like every other physical object and we would see it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That for all its immense complexity, it's easier to understand than why you believe in the flat earth conspiracy.

Meanwhile, how do satellites work in your universe?

Every thing that flies around a globe flies in a circle.

Every thing that flies around a flat earth flies in a circle.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'v already given a long explanation for this, but briefly;

Every physical object, animal, or person that moves on the surface of the earth and every physical object, bird, plane, etc. that moves through the sky, cuts right through the atmosphere of space that is around us and above us.

If the earth were a globe rotating at 1000 mph, it too would cut through the atmosphere like every other physical object and we would see it.

--Dave

See, that's where you're having trouble. You assume that, if I'm reading your comments right, the atmosphere is stationary, and possibly extends infinitely (correct me if that's not what you're saying). However, the atmosphere (note, "-sphere"; you used it too) is gravitationally bound by earth's gravity. The earth's gravity keeps atoms and molecules and the rest of things from flying off into space from inertia.

If you were to travel straight up from the ground, you would reach a point where there is no air, only hard vacuum.

I have another question for you, do stars exist as just dots in your flat earth dome? Or are they actual celestial bodies, like the standard definition for stars?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
See, that's where you're having trouble. You assume that, if I'm reading your comments right, the atmosphere is stationary, and possibly extends infinitely (correct me if that's not what you're saying). However, the atmosphere (note, "-sphere"; you used it too) is gravitationally bound by earth's gravity. The earth's gravity keeps atoms and molecules and the rest of things from flying off into space from inertia.

If you were to travel straight up from the ground, you would reach a point where there is no air, only hard vacuum.

I have another question for you, do stars exist as just dots in your flat earth dome? Or are they actual celestial bodies, like the standard definition for stars?

There is no need to imagine an invisible force holding every thing down on the flat immovable earth. Gravity is an imagined force that keeps every thing on a spinning globe.

Gravity can hold the atmosphere from escaping into outer space but it cannot keep a rotating earth from cutting through the atmosphere any more than gravity can keep planes and birds from cutting through the atmosphere.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is no need to imagine an invisible force holding every thing down on the flat earth. Gravity is an imagined force that keeps every thing on a spinning globe.

Gravity can hold the atmosphere from escaping into outer space but it cannot keep a rotating earth from cutting through the atmosphere any more tan gravity can keep planes and birds from cutting through the atmosphere.

--Dave

You keep saying "a rotating earth will cut through the atmosphere." Explain please, and then answer my question from my previous post.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm talking about your view of a globular earth.

A rotating earth would move/spin through the atmosphere that surrounds it just like any other physical object moves through the atmosphere that surrounds it.

If the atmosphere was held in place and moved with earth as it rotated then everything in that atmosphere would move with the earth and be held in place as well.

To say that gravity holds the atmosphere in place but not the things in it as well is a contradiction.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A rotating earth would move/spin through the atmosphere that surrounds it just like other physical object moves through the atmosphere that surrounds it.

If the atmosphere was held in place and moved with earth as it rotated then everything in that atmosphere would move with the earth and be held in place as well.

To say that gravity holds the atmosphere in place but not the things in it as well is a contradiction.

--Dave

So what's the difference between things moving through the atmosphere on a flat earth verses things moving through the atmosphere that rotates with a round earth? To the bird flying through either, the earth and air are stationary, relative to the bird, which flies through the atmosphere like God intended it to. When the bird lands, his motion relative to the earth ceases. When he takes off, he's moving relative to the earth, not to the space around the earth. However, to an outside observer sitting, say, halfway between the Earth and Sun, all of those, the earth, the atmosphere, and the bird are all traveling in the same direction, at the same speed.

You're trying to apply your beliefs about the flat earth into the reality of a round earth. If the earth was spinning, but not the atmosphere, then the surface of the earth would be torn apart by thousand-mile per hour winds. Obviously this isn't the case.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So what's the difference between things moving through the atmosphere on a flat earth verses things moving through the atmosphere that rotates with a round earth? To the bird flying through either, the earth and air are stationary, relative to the bird, which flies through the atmosphere like God intended it to. When the bird lands, his motion relative to the earth ceases. When he takes off, he's moving relative to the earth, not to the space around the earth. However, to an outside observer sitting, say, halfway between the Earth and Sun, all of those, the earth, the atmosphere, and the bird are all traveling in the same direction, at the same speed.

You're trying to apply your beliefs about the flat earth into the reality of a round earth. If the earth was spinning, but not the atmosphere, then the surface of the earth would be torn apart by thousand-mile per hour winds. Obviously this isn't the case.

The flat earth is not moving.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Answer this question, please, Dave.

Do stars exist as just dots in your flat earth dome? Or are they actual celestial bodies, like the standard definition for stars?

There are videos that show what they actually look like without NASA photo shop. But I get hell for even suggesting that any one should view a video that might support flat earth theory. So I'm saying they exist, God fore bid that should ask you to view it. So, just saying.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There are videos that show what they actually look like without NASA photo shop. But I get hell for even suggesting that any one should view a video that might support flat earth theory. So I'm saying they exist, God fore bid that should ask you to view it. So, just saying.

--Dave
Just answer the question. Are they dots? Points of light? Or actual celestial bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.