JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Last edited:

chair

These tests do exactly that. But there are other oddities about relativity. Space and time are no more the same thing than light source and observer.

--Dave

Dave! Please! You simply don't understand modern physics. Learn about it first, then you can discuss it an attack it in an intelligent fashion. This thread is only getting more absurd- you are not doing your cause any good.

gcthomas

These tests do exactly that.

No, they don't. Special Relativity explains why you cannot definitively determine an absolute speed through the universe, such that all speeds have to be made relative to another object. The various predictions and assumptions of relativity have all been tested rigorously. For example, the famous muon half life experiments. The slowing of clocks that were put on airliners matched predictions. Relativistic doppler shift has been observed to match exactly the predictions. Even the reason for gold not being silver like other metals has a quantitative explanation in Special Relativity.

But there are other oddities about relativity. Space and time are no more the same thing than light source and observer.

--Dave

Oddities or not, it is correct. Arguing from a position of ignorance, that you will reject what doesn't seem right, is a one way trip to humiliation. You are not remotely capable of overturning the seminal work of Einstein, when talented physicists have spend a century and a whole lot of money trying to find experimental chinks in the theory's armour.

Give it up, Dave. This argument was lost a looong time ago.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, I want to get your thoughts on this album of original and color corrected images from space.

http://imgur.com/a/DkRyP

How do you explain them?

My guess is that you'll say they were all photoshopped or some other bogus argument.

Imgur link source: https://www.reddit.com/r/space/comments/5lj4ek/i_made_hq_colorcorrected_219_wallpapers_out_of/

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Space photos can be manipulated/faked as can all photos and film.

One side or the other are faking photos and film. I spend a lot of time viewing video and photos from both sides, not just one side. I suspect you all do not give hardly any time or though to the other side, which in my opinion means you accept being brain washed.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

One side or the other are faking photos and film. I spend a lot of time viewing video and photos from both sides, not just one side. I suspect you all do not give hardly any time or though to the other side, which in my opinion means you accept being brain washed.

--Dave
David, All you seem to go back to is that there's some sort of conspiracy in play, but you have yet to show evidence of such a conspiracy. You have yet to show the purpose of such a conspiracy. You have yet to show who would benefit from such a conspiracy. Your argument rests on sand, where ours rests on bedrock.

Again, I point you to kgov.com/flat-earth. There are ways to see if what you are saying is valid or invalid. You can find a list of them there.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave
Also, you still have yet to respond to the countless other questions I and everyone else has asked you.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave! Please! You simply don't understand modern physics. Learn about it first, then you can discuss it an attack it in an intelligent fashion. This thread is only getting more absurd- you are not doing your cause any good.

Do you really think that modern physics is all about cosmological facts?

Modern cosmology today is not real science because theories like multi-universes cannot be proven true or false. One theory absurdly states that universes can "miraculously" be created out of nothingness. How convenient, especially when a finely tuned universe is required for life to exist as we know it. Intelligent life logically implies an intelligent Creator, but not if "modern cosmologists" can "imagine" quantum mechanics "by chance" accomplishing the same task.

That we've come from "relativity" to "multi-universes" is madness, science fiction is not science.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you really think that modern physics is all about cosmological facts?

Modern cosmology today is not real science because theories like multi-universes cannot be proven true or false. One theory absurdly states that universes can "miraculously" be created out of nothingness. How convenient, especially when a finely tuned universe is required for life to exist as we know it. Intelligent life logically implies an intelligent Creator, but not if "modern cosmologists" can "imagine" quantum mechanics "by chance" accomplishing the same task.

That we've come from "relativity" to "multi-universes" is madness, science fiction is not science.

--Dave

As far as I know, no one here arguing against you believes in the multiverse. And yet we're (again, afaik) all creationists who like science, because GOOD science supports the Bible (or at the very least, does not oppose it. So get out of here with your straw-man arguments.

Dave, How does the flat-earth model deal with the Flood of Noah? If the earth is flat, then the Water could never have reached the height of 15 cubits above the highest mountain? All of the water would have drained to normal levels faster than it could rise. Unless, that is, you think that God did a miracle to keep the water from falling off....

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, they don't. Special Relativity explains why you cannot definitively determine an absolute speed through the universe, such that all speeds have to be made relative to another object. The various predictions and assumptions of relativity have all been tested rigorously. For example, the famous muon half life experiments. The slowing of clocks that were put on airliners matched predictions. Relativistic doppler shift has been observed to match exactly the predictions. Even the reason for gold not being silver like other metals has a quantitative explanation in Special Relativity.

Oddities or not, it is correct. Arguing from a position of ignorance, that you will reject what doesn't seem right, is a one way trip to humiliation. You are not remotely capable of overturning the seminal work of Einstein, when talented physicists have spend a century and a whole lot of money trying to find experimental chinks in the theory's armour.

Give it up, Dave. This argument was lost a looong time ago.

Thank you for your biased summary. But I think much of "relativity" is unverifiable presuppositionalism, not real science. I hope you're not an atheist, absolutism, even in science, would be a philosophical contradiction for you, but in Einstein's Universe of Relativity your opinion, and mine, are predetermined. The "oddities" of space-time physics are not trivial.

View attachment 25115

"A 4-dimensional space-time presents an interesting problem for us free thinkers. You see, four dimensions of space-time not only physically plots the location of something, but it also defines its location along the time axis. In a 4-dimensional space-time, the entire timeline of the universe, past through future, beginning to end, is defined upon the universe’s inception. If everything that will ever happen is already predetermined, what does that say about the importance of our decisions?"

If you want to accept the "fatalism" of the Theory of Relativity be my guest. If you think you can have the theory with out the fatalism you're a fool.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
David, All you seem to go back to is that there's some sort of conspiracy in play, but you have yet to show evidence of such a conspiracy. You have yet to show the purpose of such a conspiracy. You have yet to show who would benefit from such a conspiracy. Your argument rests on sand, where ours rests on bedrock.

Again, I point you to kgov.com/flat-earth. There are ways to see if what you are saying is valid or invalid. You can find a list of them there.

A conspiracy by some, no doubt. But just plain "brain dead" acceptance by most.

--Dave

gcthomas

Thank you for your biased summary. But I think much of "relativity" is unverifiable presuppositionalism, not real science. I hope you're not an atheist, absolutism, even in science, would be a philosophical contradiction for you, but in Einstein's Universe of Relativity your opinion, and mine, are predetermined. The "oddities" of space-time physics are not trivial.

View attachment 25115

"A 4-dimensional space-time presents an interesting problem for us free thinkers. You see, four dimensions of space-time not only physically plots the location of something, but it also defines its location along the time axis. In a 4-dimensional space-time, the entire timeline of the universe, past through future, beginning to end, is defined upon the universe’s inception. If everything that will ever happen is already predetermined, what does that say about the importance of our decisions?"

If you want to accept the "fatalism" of the Theory of Relativity be my guest. If you think you can have the theory with out the fatalism you're a fool.

--Dave

Your nice image and commentary is about another theory, General Relativity. Our discussion was about another theory entirely.

This does prove, however, that you haven't fine your due diligence during this discussion - you freely should read a Special Relativity primer to avoid making silly, false assertions.

musterion

The audio clip of the retired pilot had something very interesting. The flat earth host said yeah, you can keep flying in a straight line and come back to the point where you started, just like you would on a globe, but there's a lot more that goes into it. He did not explain how that's possible on a flat surface.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As far as I know, no one here arguing against you believes in the multiverse. And yet we're (again, afaik) all creationists who like science, because GOOD science supports the Bible (or at the very least, does not oppose it. So get out of here with your straw-man arguments.

Dave, How does the flat-earth model deal with the Flood of Noah? If the earth is flat, then the Water could never have reached the height of 15 cubits above the highest mountain? All of the water would have drained to normal levels faster than it could rise. Unless, that is, you think that God did a miracle to keep the water from falling off....

So, you think only creationists need to be addressed on this subject?

My remarks about multi-universes and relativity's eternal now universe must also be addressed making my remarks "not" a straw-man argument for the more enlightened crowd.

The Bible is "literally" flat earth and stationary.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.