The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok, but both sides cannot be correct, right? Either the Earth is a spheroid mass or it's not, right? So one side is 100% incorrect in their fundamental belief and their evidence is completely wrong. Would you agree with this, Dave? I'm asking again what TYPE of evidence would convince you that the Earth is a spheroid mass?

That's like asking what kind of evidence would convince me my wife is cheating on me. My answer would be I'm not married.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's the thing Dave, if one believes the Apollo mission hoax theory then that necessarily means the following must be true:

1) A HUGE number of people were/are LYING to the public.
2) Buzz Aldrin has perpetrated a lie for 48 years.
3) The US government and several large aerospace corporations, employing tens of thousands of people, apparently spent billions of dollars, build nothing, and not single employee later came forward to expose the lie.
4) Knight's dad is on the ruse and is a liar. So if you truly believe that the Apollo missions are fake then you must believe that Knight's dad is a liar.
5) It means that the US Government somehow created a fake video telecast despite the fact that in 1969 high speed video technology did not yet exist.
6) The USSR was in on the ruse since they tracked the Apollo spacecraft and could have easily exposed the ruse if they wanted to.
7) The USSR landing of two lunar rovers (Lunokhod 1 & 2) in the early 1970's are also lies.

I can go on and on. But I think you get the picture. If the Apollo missions never happened then a lot of people have kept the greatest lie of the 20th century a secret.

Yes, there would be lots of lies.

--Dave

The Berean

That's like asking what kind of evidence would convince me my wife is cheating on me. My answer would be I'm not married.

--Dave
Huh? That makes no sense, Dave. You believe the Moon landings never happened. I'm asking you what type of new evidence would convince you otherwise? Are you saying no new evidence would ever convince you? If SpaceX chose you to go to the Moon and you see the Apollo hardware on the Lunar surface with your own eyes and you touch the hardware would believe then?

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Come on Dave that isn't true.

In your time lapse video the sun circles over us and therefore MUST come from the north east and leave to the north west.

Look for yourself!!

No, Even on a globe an orbit is a circle just as on a flat earth, it's a very very big circle.

--Dave

P.S. But yes it is a big problem for flat earth.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, Even on a globe an orbit is a circle just as on a flat earth, it's a very very big circle.

--Dave
Duh, Dave. No one is saying that it's not a circle from our perspective. What Knight is saying is that the "circle" of the "orbit" of the sun is perpendicular than to what the flat earth model shows.

This means that there is only one point (not all points) during the day that the sun would be in the same relative position in both models, and that would be when the sun is directly overhead the same latitude line that the observer is standing on.

But for the first and last half of the day, each model predicts that the sun would be in a different location than the other model. This is what Knight is referring to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Huh? That makes no sense, Dave. You belive the Moon landings never happened. I'm asking you what type of new evidence would convince you otherwise? Are you saying no new evidence would ever convince you? If SpaceX chose you to go to the Moon and you see the Apollo hardware on the Lunar surface with your own and you to choose the hardware would believe then?

I'm not committed/married to any theory at this time. My life on earth and my home in heaven does not depend on my cosmological preference, and neither does your's. All three views, heliocentric, geocentric, flat earth, will be represented when we get there and then we all will know for sure which view was correct.

I suspect there will be some Calvinists there to despite my objections.

I want both views to be presented and let everyone decide for themselves what they want to believe even if they don't want to make a decision at this time, or at any time.

I also carry three views on the rapture in my head just so I'm ready for what ever one is correct when we get to that point, if I live long enough to see it, or haven't already missed it.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm not committed/married to any theory at this time. My life on earth and my home in heaven does not depend on my cosmological preference, and neither does your's. All three views, heliocentric, geocentric, flat earth, will be represented when we get there and then we all will know for sure which view was correct.

I suspect there will be some Calvinists there to despite my objections.

I want both views to be presented and let everyone decide for themselves what they want to believe even if they don't want to make a decision at this time, or at any time.

I also carry three views on the rapture in my head just so I'm ready for what ever one is correct when we get to that point, if I live long enough to see it, or haven't already missed it.

--Dave
Dave, do you believe in absolute truth?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave
In addition to the argument that Knight is making, I also need to point out another discrepancy between reality and the flat earth model. At any given time during the day, about half of the earth has sun visible, and the other half cannot see the sun. This can be explained perfectly by a globe earth model, where half the sphere is facing the sun, and the other half facing away (to verify this, point a flashlight at a billiard ball or baseball, you'll notice a "terminator line" going around the edge of where the light hits it). This is what we see in reality.

However, the flat earth model's "spotlight" sun CANNOT cover half of the earth with it's light, because in order to cover half of the earth with it's light, the "spotlight" would have to put out light over half of the circle of the earth. This is NOT what we see in reality.

The spotlight sun, as shown in Knight's post above, which I have quoted below, only covers about 1/4 of the surface of the earth with it's light. Again, not what we see in reality.

Dave.... here is your chance to be honest with me. Please agree that this (attachment) demonstrates a problem with the flat earth theory.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In addition to the argument that Knight is making, I also need to point out another discrepancy between reality and the flat earth model. At any given time during the day, about half of the earth has sun visible, and the other half cannot see the sun. This can be explained perfectly by a globe earth model, where half the sphere is facing the sun, and the other half facing away (to verify this, point a flashlight at a billiard ball or baseball, you'll notice a "terminator line" going around the edge of where the light hits it). This is what we see in reality.

However, the flat earth model's "spotlight" sun CANNOT cover half of the earth with it's light, because in order to cover half of the earth with it's light, the "spotlight" would have to put out light over half of the circle of the earth. This is NOT what we see in reality.

The spotlight sun, as shown in Knight's post above, which I have quoted below, only covers about 1/4 of the surface of the earth with it's light. Again, not what we see in reality.

Now that's a good argument and I will include it in my summary. I don't know how to answer all the questions and I never intended too. I wanted both views to be argued and compared, I have to evaluate all this now and see how it all plays out in my head.

I'm not worried about which view others think better, I'm not sure that we can know for sure anyway. I have no faith in any cosmology from Einstein to the present and I don't trust NASA either. What I am very good at is evaluating arguments for their consistency and coherence, or the lack there off. Logical fallacies are easy for me to see and explain.

Everyone can have their own opinion about this; my opinion is that it's not all cut and dried and easy to know what the cosmos including earth is really like. We've gone from flat to round and now to oblate spheroid earth. Houston we have a problem.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok just so we are clear on this. You believe that literally tens of thousands of people have been lying for almost five decades? Buzz Aldrin has been lying? The Russians know the Moon landings are fake but have said nothing?

It's not easy to say the king has no cloths on, I want the naked truth.

If the Russians can rig a US election faking a moon landing would be a walk in the park.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

What you have stated is correct.

According to Dave's video evidence the sun illuminates the surface of the earth like this...

ULkqCIg.gif

Obviously this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.