The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave,

I haven't read through the entire 155 page thread. I'm not sure what your end game is. Do you really believe that the Earth is flat? I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

I was studying the new trends in cosmology at a site called Closer to Truth, which is also a TV series. I highly recommend it.

https://www.closertotruth.com/

And in my study of Einstein's space time and the multi universe theory, I came across the flat earth model as well, which of course is the most ancient cosmology, and many would argue the "literal" Biblical one. Flat earth was the accepted cosmology up to about 300 B.C.

The history of cosmology is an important part of theology and philosophy. All world views incorporate a cosmology. Genesis is a cosmology that tells us about how and why God created us, the earth, and the universe. The ancient world shared, in a basic but not specific way, a belief in a supernatural world, a creation, flood, and flat earth covered by a dome.

The Greek philosophers gave us a globe, dispelled the supernatural realm, and gave us an impersonal God who was "transcendent" and not "imminent". Aristotle in 330 B.C. won out over Pythagoras heliocentric model and gave us a geocentric model of the universe.

Not only but with the help of Augustine, the stationary geocentric model was incorporated into the early church and lasted until Copernicus in 1543 A.D. resurrected the heliocentric model that became the church model and is the one we have today. Augustine also gave us a the irrational synthesis of Aristotle's absolutely transcendent impersonal God with the imminent personal God of the Bible which later produced Calvinism.

The flat earth model and the heliocentric views from their beginnings never went away entirely. And today there is new interest in the flat earth model. For four reasons. First, the heliocentric model has been revised into Einstein's space time and we are now only a drop in the bucket of multi, infinite, evolving, Godless universes, which must be rejected.

Secondly, an attempt to prove the motion of the earth through space in 1887 failed to show any motion of the earth at all-- Michelson–Morley experiments. These failed attempts were finally resolved by Einstein's theory of cosmological relativity and spacetime, a clearly irrational proposition based on thought (imagined) experiments not actual physical experiments as Michelson and Morley had performed proving a stationary earth--confirming Aristotle. Thirdly, new powerful cameras in the hands of ordinary folk are revealing there is no curvature of the earth as far as they can see. And the stars don't look like the planets that we have been shown. As a result the distance of the sun and moon and stars from the earth are being questioned.

Fourthly, only since the advent of the space ship in the 60's, not Flash Gordon's, have we actually (allegedly) gone into outer space to see from the moon what the earth actually looks like. But many believe the moon landings were made in the same place as Flash Gordon, Hollywood, and that NASA is a fake space agency.

View attachment 25456 View attachment 25455

The fact remains as my original point, the earth is flat and stationary from earth and sky, as we ordinary folk see and experience it. And we never went to the moon, as far as I am concerned, which is why this is a good topic to debate. Don't you agree?

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you'll recall, there was a protracted discussion about a certain boat captain that supposedly sailed 60,000 miles or something to that effect. Wasn't part of that flat-earth argument based on the fact that such a lengthy voyage is what one would expect if the Earth was flat?

The distance and the time it took was the point of that and not the exact size and exact location of the continents.

--Dave

P.S. And I would not rest my case on this either or any other single argument.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Astronomy, not astrology. I'm pretty sure none of us are into astrology.

Good point, I stand corrected. Although, there are astronomers who are also into astrology. But now you have evidence that "astronomy" is not my strong point.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl: and furthermore... I don't think any of us would need to know much about astrology OR astronomy to be able to see if the sun sets and rises towards the north.

Heck... just look outside in the mornings and afternoons.

Well now you know I'm only human. Glad I put a smile on that face of your's.

I'll go the beach and look at the sun set but today I have to shovel snow.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fourthly, only since the advent of the space ship in the 60's, not Flash Gordon's, have we actually (allegedly) gone into outer space to see from the moon what the earth actually looks like. But many believe the moon landings were made in the same place as Flash Gordon, Hollywood, and that NASA is a fake space agency.

Again... my dad helped design many aspects of the lunar lander. I can guarantee you that it really happened. We landed on the moon. The folks who say otherwise are wrong.

Who do you trust more? Someone like me who has actual involvement?? Or some people on the internet that had no connection whatsoever to the project?

The fact remains as my original point, the earth is flat and stationary from earth and sky, as we ordinary folk see and experience it. And we never went to the moon, as far as I am concerned, which is why this is a good topic to debate. Don't you agree?

--Dave
Statements like this show that you are not simply exploring this topic. You have bought in hook line and sinker.

The Berean

I was studying the new trends in cosmology at a site called Closer to Truth, which is also a TV series. I highly recommend it.

https://www.closertotruth.com/

And in my study of Einstein's space time and the multi universe theory, I came across the flat earth model as well, which of course is the most ancient cosmology, and many would argue the "literal" Biblical one. Flat earth was the accepted cosmology up to about 300 B.C.

The history of cosmology is an important part of theology and philosophy. All world views incorporate a cosmology. Genesis is a cosmology that tells us about how and why God created us, the earth, and the universe. The ancient world shared, in a basic but not specific way, a belief in a supernatural world, a creation, flood, and flat earth covered by a dome.

The Greek philosophers gave us a globe, dispelled the supernatural realm, and gave us an impersonal God who was "transcendent" and not "imminent". Aristotle in 330 B.C. won out over Pythagoras heliocentric model and gave us a geocentric model of the universe.

Not only but with the help of Augustine, the stationary geocentric model was incorporated into the early church and lasted until Copernicus in 1543 A.D. resurrected the heliocentric model that became the church model and is the one we have today. Augustine also gave us a the irrational synthesis of Aristotle's absolutely transcendent impersonal God with the imminent personal God of the Bible which later produced Calvinism.

The flat earth model and the heliocentric views from their beginnings never went away entirely. And today there is new interest in the flat earth model. For four reasons. First, the heliocentric model has been revised into Einstein's space time and we are now only a drop in the bucket of multi, infinite, evolving, Godless universes, which must be rejected.

Secondly, an attempt to prove the motion of the earth through space in 1887 failed to show any motion of the earth at all-- Michelson–Morley experiments. These failed attempts were finally resolved by Einstein's theory of cosmological relativity and spacetime, a clearly irrational proposition based on thought (imagined) experiments not actual physical experiments as Michelson and Morley had performed proving a stationary earth--confirming Aristotle. Thirdly, new powerful cameras in the hands of ordinary folk are revealing there is no curvature of the earth as far as they can see. And the stars don't look like the planets that we have been shown. As a result the distance of the sun and moon and stars from the earth are being questioned.

--Dave
Ok, my friend, you are all over the map here. My take is that your do not accept a heliocentric model because it was devised by Greek philosophers and not Christians?

I've skimmed through this thread and people have given you a plethora of evidence that the Earth is NOT flat yet you refuse to even acknowledge it. So let me ask you this question. What type of evidence would you accept that the Earth is NOT flat?

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ok, my friend, you are all over the map here. My take is that your do not accept a heliocentric model because it was devised by Greek philosophers and not Christians?

I've skimmed through this thread ans people have given you a plethora of evidence that the Earth is NOT flat yet you refuse to even acknowledge it. So let me ask you this question. What type of evidence would you accept that the Earth is NOT flat?
Clete asked that of him a while back. Dave basically said that there isn't anything.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Well now you know I'm only human. Glad I put a smile on that face of your's.

I'll go the beach and look at the sun set but today I have to shovel snow.

--Dave
Dave, What does the flat earth model have to say about the many references to God "stretching out the heavens" in the Bible?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again... my dad helped design many aspects of the lunar lander. I can guarantee you that it really happened. We landed on the moon. The folks who say otherwise are wrong.

Who do you trust more? Someone like me who has actual involvement?? Or some people on the internet that had no connection whatsoever to the project?

Statements like this show that you are not simply exploring this topic. You have bought in hook line and sinker.

You are clearly personally biased about this subject, I don't fault you for that at all. I can understand now how you feel about the moon landings. I hope you know that I would never deliberately insult you or your Dad in any way. I don't know how to respond to you, I like the debate but not at the price of offending any body personally.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are clearly personally biased about this subject, I don't fault you for that at all. I can understand now how you feel about the moon landings. I hope you know that I would never deliberately insult you or your Dad in any way. I don't know how to respond to you, I like the debate but not at the price of offending any body personally.

--Dave
I'd say if anything, Sir Knight is biased towards the truth, which is the only acceptable bias.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:up: Excellent. Our first real experiment! Let me know if the sun sets in any direction other than west. :)

The sun moves from east to west in both models. There has never been a difference in any of the three models in this respect.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The sun moves from east to west in both models. There has never been a difference in any of the three models in this respect.

--Dave
I think you need to read this post again, then.
Dave based on the flat earth time lapse video you posted the sun would "rise" (if you could call it that) and "set" from the north (see attachments).

Doesn't this fact alone at least cast serious doubt on your video?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I've skimmed through this thread and people have given you a plethora of evidence that the Earth is NOT flat yet you refuse to even acknowledge it. So let me ask you this question. What type of evidence would you accept that the Earth is NOT flat?

If you have read this thread well enough you would also know that there is a dispute about the evidence for the globe model and good evidence for a flat earth that I have presented. If you think you can provide evidence for the globe model that has not yet been presented then do it. I am preparing a summary to end this thread with my conclusions.

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

That is an excellent question. If what we've presented isn't sufficient then what would be?

I am still holding out hope that what we've presented has been sufficient and that the verdict of Dave's mind will be in favor of the round earth, by the way.

The Berean

If you have read this thread well enough you would also know that there is a dispute about the evidence for the globe model and good evidence for a flat earth that I have presented. If you think you can provide evidence for the globe model that has not yet been presented then do it. I am preparing a summary to end this thread with my conclusions.

--Dave

Ok, but both sides cannot be correct, right? Either the Earth is a spheroid mass or it's not, right? So one side is 100% incorrect in their fundamental belief and their evidence is completely wrong. Would you agree with this, Dave? I'm asking again what TYPE of evidence would convince you that the Earth is a spheroid mass?

The Berean

--Dave
Here's the thing Dave, if one believes the Apollo mission hoax theory then that necessarily means the following must be true:

1) A HUGE number of people were/are LYING to the public.
2) Buzz Aldrin has perpetrated a lie for 48 years.
3) The US government and several large aerospace corporations, employing tens of thousands of people, apparently spent billions of dollars, build nothing, and not single employee later came forward to expose the lie.
4) Knight's dad is on the ruse and is a liar. So if you truly believe that the Apollo missions are fake then you must believe that Knight's dad is a liar.
5) It means that the US Government somehow created a fake video telecast despite the fact that in 1969 high speed video technology did not yet exist.
6) The USSR was in on the ruse since they tracked the Apollo spacecraft and could have easily exposed the ruse if they wanted to.
7) The USSR landing of two lunar rovers (Lunokhod 1 & 2) in the early 1970's are also lies.

I can go on and on. But I think you get the picture. If the Apollo missions never happened then a lot of people have kept the greatest lie of the 20th century a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.