The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I've be asked if I think the earth is flat before, so I'm sure it will happen again. And when I have said no they say well the Bible says it is. I have always used the usual arguments that we all know, but!!!

I strongly believe in having integrity, if you try to con them in the park they see right through you very quickly. You have to be very sure of your positions and very loving when you speak. I've never tried to answer every question but I want to be able to answer the important ones.

I was, at the start, preparing to answer questions about space time and multiverses. Face it, our Copernican model has become a space time block with gazillions other evolving universes. Where do you put God into that mess? Cosmology today is used to deny God's existence.

--Dave
The Bible does not say the a Earth is flat. People say the Bible says the Earth is flat for their own purposes. People twist and distort scripture to serve their own agenda. Make them prove ot and then show them from scripture that they are wrong.

when you are evangelizing, don't let the conversation go to things like flat Earth and evolution. People like to argue those topics because Christians are notoriously bad at arguing them and they totally shut down the real reason you are there: to share the Gospel of the Christ. That is where you want to keep the conversation focused. Learn to do that and you will be a much more effective witness.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave based on the flat earth time lapse video you posted the sun would "rise" (if you could call it that) and "set" from the north (see attachments).

Doesn't this fact alone at least cast serious doubt on your video?

Last edited:

WizardofOz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DFT_Dave For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 29th, 2016),Tambora (December 20th, 2016)
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] - do you believe that the Earth is flat and we never went to the moon?

chair

You're wrong, chair.

I understand why you'd think this but I'm still convinced that you're wrong.

Not every defense attorney thinks his client is innocent. Didn't you ever know anyone who was taking debate class and had to argue the side of an issue he disagreed with?

If, on the outside chance that I'm wrong on this, I will be very disappointed indeed but for now, let's just take Dave at his word and hold off on all the judgemental comments until we know they're justified.

Clete

This "defense attorney" thing is just a pretense. That had slipped out a number of times, including when he said that Satan might fool people into thinking the world was round.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave has been horribly dishonest. Intellectually dishonest. he will "consider all of the information", and then rejects everything that is against his idea as being fake, or he has to "check it further". In the meantime, those absurd videos get accepted as facts- even when what they claim is patently wrong (just go outside and watch a sunset or sunrise, and you will see that the sun doesn't get smaller and smaller as it sets. It sinks below the horizon).

At best he is deluding himself.

I have not accepted or rejected any thing yet.

You have a reading comprehension problem.

I have said repeatedly what I am trying to accomplish here.

There are good arguments and bad ones from both sides.

What I believe now and in the end is not important, what's important is that there is a debate about this issue. Every one who looks at it will make up there own mind. I think it's good that both views are presented with videos from both sides.

If you have a problem with this, then get lost. You seem to hate debate, and it does not matter if you say, I just hate bad debate or I just hate bad people like Dave.

I being honest when I say that, on astrology, I don't know at this time who is or who is not correct.

Your write like a whinny little kid complaining that his big brother is taking advantage of him.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your flat Earth model doesn't show the continents in their proper sizes. Your flat earth model doesn't properly model sun Amon sides and sets. Your model says they get smaller when, in fact, they appear to get bigger! (They never change size but when they get close to the horizon we have a frame of reference. It's easy to prove to yourself using your thumb and the moon. At moon rise, hold your thumb at arms length next to the moon. Later, when the moon is high, hold your thumb at arms length next to the moon. What do you notice? It also works with the sun provided you have proper eye protection.)

A good flat earth map does not exist and I would not take a side for either flat or globe earth based on a map.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible does not say the a Earth is flat. People say the Bible says the Earth is flat for their own purposes. People twist and distort scripture to serve their own agenda. Make them prove ot and then show them from scripture that they are wrong.

when you are evangelizing, don't let the conversation go to things like flat Earth and evolution. People like to argue those topics because Christians are notoriously bad at arguing them and they totally shut down the real reason you are there: to share the Gospel of the Christ. That is where you want to keep the conversation focused. Learn to do that and you will be a much more effective witness.

I don't think I need your help on how to do my evangelism. I'm very good at what I do.

View attachment 25453View attachment 25452

http://www.dynamicfreetheism.com/Evangelism.html

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A good flat earth map does not exist and I would not take a side for either flat or globe earth based on a map.

--Dave
:think: :idea: Do you think that that might be because it's physically impossible to create a flat earth map based on real world calculations? :noway: :stuck: :idunno:

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave based on the flat earth time lapse video you posted the sun would "rise" (if you could call it that) and "set" from the north (see attachments).

Doesn't this fact alone at least cast serious doubt on your video?

I'm looking at this from both sides. You'll have to be patient until I make my conclusions, which I'm already preparing. Again, astrology is not my thing, so I have to put work into this.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not if you are stating into "scientific" discussions. Just for fun, can you tell us how many times Jesus or His apostles taught about scientific understanding as being part of salvation?

Thanks, But let's keep to the subject here.

--Dave

The Berean

Dave,

I haven't read through the entire 155 page thread. I'm not sure what your end game is. Do you really believe that the Earth is flat? I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

--Dave

If you'll recall, there was a protracted discussion about a certain boat captain that supposedly sailed 60,000 miles or something to that effect. Wasn't part of that flat-earth argument based on the fact that such a lengthy voyage is what one would expect if the Earth was flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.