The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

I remember seeing that video a long time ago. It's excellent. :up:

His key points that no Moon hoaxer has ever refuted are:

1) No high speed video cameras existed in 1969.

2) Creating a high speed film fake Moon landing was pretty much impossible to do in 1969.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, I posted this video probably 150 thread pages ago. He talks about camera technology and the impossibility of faking a Moon landing in 1969.

Film technology was more than up to the task of faking a moon landing. 2001: A Space Odyssey came out in 1968 is proof of that.

The filming was done on a studio set with the same film technique used by Kubrick for space Odyssey.

--Dave

The Berean

All high altitude video show a very different earth that contradict what the ISS shows us. It is a lower altitude but the contrasts are stark.

Altercations of all NASA/ISS video are obvious and make them all suspect.

--Dave
You are simply 100% wrong on this Dave.

Some guys wanted to protest Trump in a creative way. They launched a high altitude balloon with a protest sign. And you see the curvature of the Earth clearly in the background. No NASA and no fish-eye lens.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are simply 100% wrong on this Dave.

Some guys wanted to protest Trump in a creative way. They launched a high altitude balloon with a protest sign. And you see the curvature of the Earth clearly in the background. No NASA and no fish-eye lens.

When you view the video you can see the horizon bend back and forth which is what a fish eye will do.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
When you view the video you can see the horizon bend back and forth which is what a fish eye will do.

--Dave
Dave, again, I make the argument that if the curvature is ONLY due to the type of lens used, then if the horizon is truly flat, then the horizon should bend up and down equal amounts throughout the entire video.

I can almost guarantee you though ("almost" because I haven't calculated it myself) that the horizon bends downward more often, AND more drastically, than it bends upwards.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That'a not true, Dave. I don't see the horizon bend back and forth. Does anyone else see what Dave is describing?

Because the camera is "fixed" in relation to the paper/rigging. See my above comment for a better argument.

In other words, I get what you're saying, but it's not a very strong argument.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That'a not true, Dave. I don't see the horizon bend back and forth. Does anyone else see what Dave is describing?

Yes, you can see the horizon line moving and the curvature would not be that much anyway from that altitude.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat Earth: New GoPro rocket video

You can see the effect of the GoPro camera in this video.

Watch all of it, watch it carefully and more than once.

The horizon bends and notice how different the earth looks from high altitude compared to the video from the ISS. The earth will be motionless and the horizon is actually flat even though the fish eye lens distorts it.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Flat Earth: New GoPro rocket video

You can see the effect of the GoPro camera in this video.

Watch all of it, watch it carefully and more than once.

The horizon bends and notice how different the earth looks from high altitude compared to the video from the ISS. The earth will be motionless and the horizon is actually flat even though the fish eye lens distorts it.

--Dave

Dave, again, I make the argument that if the curvature is ONLY due to the type of lens used, then if the horizon is truly flat, then the horizon should bend up and down equal amounts throughout the entire video.

I can almost guarantee you though ("almost" because I haven't calculated it myself) that the horizon bends downward more often, AND more drastically, than it bends upwards.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
$500 Balloon vs $1,200,000,000 Rocket Flat Earth

Another example of lens distortion.

Notice again how different this real video is from the ISS.

The earth has flat horizons and is motionless.

--Dave

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What I would like to know is, what is the point? Is it to go back to the church before Galileo? You wish to appear the ultimate reactionary?

This is a dead issue and it is not debatable. Attempting to debate it today is plain silly.:mock::argue:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What I would like to know is, what is the point? Is it to go back to the church before Galileo? You wish to appear the ultimate reactionary?

This is a dead issue and it is not debatable. Attempting to debate it today is plain silly.:mock::argue:

I have made it clear why I think it's important. It does not have to be important to you, why judge others?

--Dave

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
because I think it is silly Dave.

I never disliked you, as you well know. It is not personal, it is too much a silly position to hold seriously. Now, if you are using it as an intellectual argument, or exercise, by all means, have at it. I will not interfere. :nono:

Derf

Then by this the earth is a "virtual" sphere and not an oblate spheroid.

The difference is so indistinct we better tell Tyson he's making an idiot of himself by making such a claim.

--Dave

P.S. You missed the point, which is distrust of NASA.
I'll let others decide who's making an idiot of himself.

Distrust of NASA is certainly on the table. They use a lot of tax dollars, and not all of it comes back to us in useful product. But don't throw the baby out with the bath water. NASA didn't invent the spherical earth, as your own flat earther sites will tell you. Ancient Greeks recognized it as fact. And other countries have their own space and Antarctica exploration programs.

Sent from my Z992 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.