The evolution game is up!!!

Husband&Father

Nope- no bathwater in the theory of evolution. You got a hygeine fixation or something?

As for my hygiene fixation, yes I do have one I take showers and wear deodorant. You should try it.

As for bathwater in the theory of evolution, I have to admit that bathwater is not specifically mentioned by Darwin (a Victorian era non scientist (theology major at Cambridge) in his tenuous theory.

But bathwater has organisms in it. All organisms evolve right? If I fill a tub it should only be a matter of time before I get a fish or a mermaid or something completely different right?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
But bathwater has organisms in it. All organisms evolve right? If I fill a tub it should only be a matter of time before I get a fish or a mermaid or something completely different right?

Sure, go ahead, do that. Report back. At least if you spend your time waiting for the fish or mermaid you won't have any time to clog up the internet with such ridiculousness as the above.

Greg Jennings

Well, if you give those bathwater organisms abundant food, change their environment periodically (so as to give the species of organisms in the tub a need to adapt to changing conditions), provide plenty of new oxygen, and wait a billion years or so, then your bathwater sea monkeys could potentially become little micro-fish.

Husband&Father

Sure, go ahead, do that. Report back. At least if you spend your time waiting for the fish or mermaid you won't have any time to clog up the internet with such ridiculousness as the above.

A fish (eventually) from a tub of bathwater is "ridiculousness" but life beginning and (eventually) evolving into a fish (among other things) from the "primordial waters" is science?

What were the primordial waters if not the used bathwater of the cosmos?

If it is ridiculous today to imagine a fish evolving (over a couple of billion years) from a tub of dirty water than it is ridiculous to imagine a fish evolving from any water at any time in history.

Husband&Father

Well, if you give those bathwater organisms abundant food, change their environment periodically (so as to give the species of organisms in the tub a need to adapt to changing conditions), provide plenty of new oxygen, and wait a billion years or so, then your bathwater sea monkeys could potentially become little micro-fish.
Well, of course a sea monkey can become a micro fish if, if if,.
The only problem is that a sea monkey is at least as complex as a micro fish.so the question becomes how did it evolve.
The theory of evolution starts with a complex, reproducing ,living thing already in existence. How did it get there?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, of course a sea monkey can become a micro fish if, if if,.
The only problem is that a sea monkey is at least as complex as a micro fish.so the question becomes how did it evolve.
The theory of evolution starts with a complex, reproducing ,living thing already in existence. How did it get there?

Exactly ! How did it get there ? :think:

Husband&Father

God created the primitive life that evolved into life as we know it today.
To say that God created "primitive" life does not make you less of a creationist. The most primitive life is incredibly complex. It has locomotion, energy intake, waste disposal, reproduction via DNA and RNA. There is hardly any such thing as primitive life only mind mindbogglingly complex life and even more mindbogglingly complex life.