The Land was Promised to Abraham, not Heaven

clefty

Greetings again clefty, My only other thought on the Sabbath being unsuitable is that some Jews may have enforced restrictions on travelling more than a Sabbath day’s journey.
amazing how hard people try to rationalize why Yahushua would instruct prayers for one of His commandments to be kept.

And to have Him NOT intend for its continuance...

Imagine if He had instructed prayers that in future times of trouble NO STEALING would continue or NO WORSHIP OF OTHER GODS...or don’t swear LOL

All totally understandable and acceptable in their future keeping...but that Sabbath should continue and suddenly we got a bunch of scholars arguing commentary as to WHY NOT He meant a perpetual sign be kept...

And here now it is because people fleeing on the Sabbath could only go so far...LOL

3/4 mile isn’t far enough? Can’t imagine most christians today able to run that far either...LOL

Trust me, Jews have come up with clever ways to extend this Pharisaical Sabbath distance...

But even history has it that there was this one time Jews declined to even fight on the Sabbath...that was modified too...LOL

But again His instruction was not a prayer that people be RAPTURED...or saved but woe if pregnant or nursing or in winter...or even that the Temple be spared but that the Sabbath be kept a day of rest...and not “RUN TO THE HILLS”

Even if there was some reprieve later, it appears from the message that Jesus instructed that the disciples were to leave immediately, not sometime that day, not the next day, but not to go inside their home, but down the stairs and out, or immediate departure from the field where they were working and not to return to their home.
you really think Yahushua did NOT know the ways of war and siege or the time necessary for such “TIMES of trouble” and NOT a one day of “get out!”...is why He expected winter times too...you know months of cold damp days and nights...

He even includes “unless those days be shortened” see? obviously not a ONE day only time of trouble...possible Sabbath desecration...

If they had a week in which to decide what day to travel, then the warning about the Sabbath would be irrelevant.
LOL...they had much longer than a week...so I guess Yahushua’s warning about the Sabbath is irrelevant...

as it was historical evidenced...they had over 4 years and months under siege to come out of Jerusalem...not just one day or winter...but invited out and given safe passage...

But of course the warning about the Sabbath is irrelevant to you as you insist it was about preserving people and NOT about being SABBATH BEING KEPT ITSELF...because you wish Sabbath NOT TO BE RELEVANT TO YOU OR STILL BINDING into the future...

You still have Heb 4:9 and Isaiah 56:6 and Isaiah 66:22-23

Actually I did not work a six-day week, but a nine-day fortnight, with every second Monday off. Possibly this was because I did not have to plough my field with one horse, but contributed to my Power Station which had a few thousand horsepower, actually 885,000 HP.
men running to and fro with knowledge increasing and the power of babylon increases it is true...great wealth to be made...

I suggest that Hebrews 3 and 4 describe the true rest in Christ, by comparison to the failure under Joshua to obtain permanent rest in the Land of Promise, and the shadow Sabbath under the Law. It is interesting that these two aspects are intertwined, with additional lessons almost unique to these chapters, while those that advocate Sabbath keeping today ignore the overall teachings and detail of these chapters.
we ignore what? We ignore which overall teaching and detail? The overall teaching we are to be obedient to the ways of His people Israel? The detail being NOT to fall into disobedience as they did in example? Verse 10 but that we be DILIGENT to enter that rest His rest and cease from our works as Yah did from His...you know after six days of work He entered His rest and ceased from His six days of work...when He instituted the Sabbath long before Jews...or even need of rest or it’s Law...you know before SIN

Joshua did speak of the rest of the promised land Joshua 22:4 but he ALSO did speak of another day of rest:

22:4And now that the LORD your God has given your brothers rest as He promised them, you may return to your homes in the land that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you across the Jordan. 5But take DILIGENT heed to do the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

So had Joshua given them rest ETERNAL then Joshua would NOT afterward have instructed them to be diligent of another day of rest. Heb 4:8

THEREFORE there remains a SABBATH KEEPING for the people of Yah Heb 4:9

Yup sabbatismos is not a SABBATH REST as much as it is a KEEPING OF THE SABBATH...

An interesting word comprised of a JOINING of the Hebrew and Greek languages for this lesson...ironic no? As Paul also writes of Yahushua JOINING the TWO into ONE...the Jew with the Greek into a citizen of Israel...neat eh?

Nearly every aspect of the Law is shown in the Letter to the Hebrews to be a shadow of the true.

And in PRESENT TENSE “priests who offer the gifts according to the Law who SERVE the copy and shadow of the heavenly things” Heb 8:4-5

“For the Law HAVING a shadow of the good things to come” Heb 10:1

Ironic again as Paul writes “new moons, sabbaths which ARE a shadow of good things to come” Col 2:17

Maybe because the Law itself is Spiritual? Romans 7:14

Is WHY My Law can be written in their Christlike “inner Jew” mind and circumcised hearts of His people Israel. Heb 8:10

Yup good things ARE still to come...the Sabbath and more foreSHADOWS Him and beyond...to Him again...until His throne of a LAWFUL kingdom with NO TEMPLE...

When do you suggest that Revelation 16:12-16 will be fulfilled?
“Behold I am coming like a thief in the night” only some will be watching for Him with clean garments...His coming will be a shock deadly indeed to those unprepared

I parallel Revelation 16:12-16 with Daniel 11:40-45, Ezekiel 38 and Zechariah 14, but these do not fit with a scorched and desolate earth concept.
ok...right...because maybe they do not parallel...two great battles yet...

I hope that in the near future, and possibly as times become more difficult, that both of us will have sufficient oil in our lamps when we hear the Bridegroom is on His way, and that we are ready and prepared to leave to meet him at a moment’s warning
yes...to be changed in a twinkling of an eye and putting on immortality so “that where I am... there ye may be also”

oh...and at the final Trump...so not this one...LOL

TrevorL

Greetings again clefty,
amazing how hard people try to rationalize why Yahushua would instruct prayers for one of His commandments to be kept.
I do not read the passage as instructions to keep the Sabbath:

Matthew 24:15–20 (KJV): 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) . 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
The Sabbath relates to the DAY that they needed to flee, and winter the general period when they would be fleeing and seeking some place to reside and hide. As refugees, winter would be a difficult period for them for obtaining both food and shelter. The Jewish Christians were in a Jewish society where many aspects of the Law including the Sabbath were still being kept.
But again His instruction was not a prayer that people be RAPTURED...or saved but woe if pregnant or nursing or in winter...or even that the Temple be spared but that the Sabbath be kept a day of rest...and not “RUN TO THE HILLS”. But of course the warning about the Sabbath is irrelevant to you as you insist it was about preserving people and NOT about being SABBATH BEING KEPT ITSELF...because you wish Sabbath NOT TO BE RELEVANT TO YOU OR STILL BINDING into the future...
You need to take your Sabbath keeping glasses off, and see that Jesus is not preaching the necessity to keep the Sabbath, but the problem that would arise if the DAY when they needed to flee was the Sabbath.
You still have Heb 4:9
Hebrews 4:9 is part of a larger treatment of the subject of the Sabbath, preparing the Jewish Christians to let go of the Law of Moses.
Hebrews 4:8–13 (KJV): 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

The true rest is both present and future. It is ceasing from the works of sin and resting in Christ and labouring and service in and for Christ, allowing Christ to place his yoke of service upon our shoulders, to guide us and help us plough a straight furrow in the field. The future rest is when the faithful will inherit the Land with Abraham and share the Rest during the 1000 years, the 7th day of 1000 years after the 6000 years of toil and trouble. It will be 1000 years of service, caring for the mortal population, not a morbid 1000 years of looking at the lives of those who will be destroyed at the end of the 1000 years.
and Isaiah 56:6 and Isaiah 66:22-23
Isaiah 66:22-23 speaks of the 1000 year Kingdom upon earth, but this does not fit your burnt earth concepts.

men running to and fro with knowledge increasing
There has been scientific and other developments, but I understand Daniel 12 is speaking about a knowledge and understanding of the prophecies of Daniel.

“Behold I am coming like a thief in the night” only some will be watching for Him with clean garments...His coming will be a shock deadly indeed to those unprepared
ok...right...because maybe they do not parallel...two great battles yet...
How is the Battle of Armageddon and the other references relevant if the earth is to be burnt and desolate?

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

God has already fulfilled to Abraham and his physical seed the land promise, thats past history. Here are scriptures that prove God has already kept that promise.

Joshua 21:43-45

And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. {44} And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand. {45} There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Josh 23:1-5

And it came to pass a long time after that the LORD had given rest unto Israel from all their enemies round about, that Joshua waxed old and stricken in age. {2} And Joshua called for all Israel, and for their elders, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers, and said unto them, I am old and stricken in age: {3} And ye have seen all that the LORD your God hath done unto all these nations because of you; for the LORD your God is he that hath fought for you. {4} Behold, I have divided unto you by lot these nations that remain, to be an inheritance for your tribes, from Jordan, with all the nations that I have cut off, even unto the great sea westward. {5} And the LORD your God, he shall expel them from before you, and drive them from out of your sight; and ye shall possess their land, as the LORD your God hath promised unto you

1 Kings 8:56

56 Blessed be the Lord, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

Neh 9:7-8,23

7 Thou art the Lord the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham;

8 And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

23 Their children also multipliedst thou as the stars of heaven, and broughtest them into the land, concerning which thou hadst promised to their fathers, that they should go in to possess it.

Yet many teach that God hasnt yet fulfilled that promise.