The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
prayer and repentance is the way....always......

prayer and repentance is the way....always......

You forgot to mention that without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness for sin.

Already covered in our disucssions on 'blood-atonement'. Blood was not the only offering that made atonement in the OT,....there were other means, such as grain offerings, money, possessions, and just plain ole prayer followed by repentance. - that is what avails...the actual RETURNING to God. All else are but tokens, gestures, symbolic representations. What God looks for is true repentance, inner conversion which produces outward results, of life, conscience, conduct.

All this focus on 'blood, blood, blood'....is actually a bit morbid and primitive. You will find God eventually abhorred all the bloodshed of animal sacrifices made by the priests, because there was no true heart conversion, so those offerings were like stench in his nostrils,....he despised such sacrifices. What are the true sacrifices unto God?, but a humble heart and contrite spirit he will not turn away. He accepts the fruit of our lips (praise/thanksgiving) and our good works as true 'offerings' unto Him. We could go on discounting this 'idea/belief' that BLOOD ALONE can make an atonement for sin. This is not correct, by OT passages, logic, common sense and spiritual intelligence. Repentance is the doorway, then the doing of God's will, the completion.

pj

journey

Already covered in our disucssions on 'blood-atonement'. Blood was not the only offering that made atonement in the OT,....there were other means, such as grain offerings, money, possessions, and just plain ole prayer followed by repentance. - that is what avails...the actual RETURNING to God. All else are but tokens, gestures, symbolic representations. What God looks for is true repentance, inner conversion which produces outward results, of life, conscience, conduct.

All this focus on 'blood, blood, blood'....is actually a bit morbid and primitive. You will find God eventually abhorred all the bloodshed of animal sacrifices made by the priests, because there was no true heart conversion, so those offerings were like stench in his nostrils,....he despised such sacrifices. What are the true sacrifices unto God?, but a humble heart and contrite spirit he will not turn away. He accepts the fruit of our lips (praise/thanksgiving) and our good works as true 'offerings' unto Him. We could go on discounting this 'idea/belief' that BLOOD ALONE can make an atonement for sin. This is not correct, by OT passages, logic, common sense and spiritual intelligence. Repentance is the doorway, then the doing of God's will, the completion.

pj

We're not interested in the stance of the urantia cult garbage because it's complete fiction and has no bearing on a Christian discussion. It matters what the Holy Bible says, and you've been told what the Holy Bible bluntly teaches. What sounds good to you also has nothing to do with a Christian discussion because you aren't a Christian. Your stance is anti-Christ and anti-Christian. Chapter and verse of the Holy Bible has already been provided, and that is the Christian stance.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We're not interested in the stance of the urantia cult garbage because it's complete fiction and has no bearing on a Christian discussion. It matters what the Holy Bible says, and you've been told what the Holy Bible bluntly teaches. What sounds good to you also has nothing to do with a Christian discussion because you aren't a Christian. Your stance is anti-Christ and anti-Christian. Chapter and verse of the Holy Bible has already been provided, and that is the Christian stance.

AMEN!

Caino

BANNED
Banned

But you are interested, you keep coming to the thread.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

The trolls just lie, they are people of low character.

Aimiel

Amen!!! :thumb:

Aimiel

Already covered in our disucssions on 'blood-atonement'.
Yeah, I get it... you don't want to believe Truth.
Blood was not the only offering that made atonement in the OT
You're ignoring the fact that Jesus said if you don't drink His Blood and eat His Flesh you have NO LIFE in you.
All else are but tokens, gestures, symbolic representations. What God looks for is true repentance, inner conversion which produces outward results, of life, conscience, conduct.
Jesus said otherwise.
All this focus on 'blood, blood, blood'....is actually a bit morbid and primitive.
Yes, it is... if you don't discern The Body and Blood of Jesus, Whose Blood you're trampling to get to your false Jebus god.
You will find God eventually abhorred all the bloodshed of animal sacrifices made by the priests, because there was no true heart conversion, so those offerings were like stench in his nostrils,....he despised such sacrifices.
He is The One Who called for them. He still requires blood in order to forgive sin.
What are the true sacrifices unto God?
Our whole heart, dedicated to Him, not to false gods like your Jebus.
We could go on discounting this 'idea/belief' that BLOOD ALONE can make an atonement for sin.
I see... you discount Jesus' Blood until it's completely worthless, then trample it under your feet. I understand. You hate Him and His Word, just like I hate your false god and the words of demons that you promote (the UB).
This is not correct, by OT passages, logic, common sense and spiritual intelligence. Repentance is the doorway, then the doing of God's will, the completion.
Actually, God gives us grace and it is His Goodness that leads us to repentance. Only The Blood of The Lamb can give us grace from God. Without it, God cannot accept a single soul. Not one. No life in those who trample Christ's Blood underfoot. NONE.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

pj

MM tried to introduce the "bread and wine" 1900+ years before Christ as a substitute for blood sacrifices but as you say the more backward people tended to revert back to the old practices.

The seven commandments promulgated by Melchizedek were patterned along the lines of the ancient Dalamatian supreme law and very much resembled the seven commands taught in the first and second Edens. These commands of the Salem religion were:

(1017.9) 93:4.7 1. You shall not serve any God but the Most High Creator of heaven and earth.

(1017.10) 93:4.8 2. You shall not doubt that faith is the only requirement for eternal salvation.

(1017.11) 93:4.9 3. You shall not bear false witness.

(1017.12) 93:4.10 4. You shall not kill.

(1017.13) 93:4.11 5. You shall not steal.

(1018.1) 93:4.12 6. You shall not commit adultery.

(1018.2) 93:4.13 7. You shall not show disrespect for your parents and elders.

(1018.3) 93:4.14 While no sacrifices were permitted within the colony, Melchizedek well knew how difficult it is to suddenly uproot long-established customs and accordingly had wisely offered these people the substitute of a sacrament of bread and wine for the older sacrifice of flesh and blood. It is of record, “Melchizedek, king of Salem, brought forth bread and wine.” But even this cautious innovation was not altogether successful; the various tribes all maintained auxiliary centers on the outskirts of Salem where they offered sacrifices and burnt offerings. Even Abraham resorted to this barbarous practice after his victory over Chedorlaomer; he simply did not feel quite at ease until he had offered a conventional sacrifice. And Melchizedek never did succeed in fully eradicating this proclivity to sacrifice from the religious practices of his followers, even of Abraham." UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus of the Urantia revelation:

150:5.2 “When men and women ask what shall we do to be saved, you shall answer, Believe this gospel of the kingdom; accept divine forgiveness. By faith recognize the indwelling spirit of God, whose acceptance makes you a son of God. Have you not read in the Scriptures where it says, `In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.’ Also where the Father says, `My righteousness is near; my salvation has gone forth, and my arms shall enfold my people.’ `My soul shall be joyful in the love of my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation and has covered me with the robe of his righteousness.’ Have you not also read of the Father that his name `shall be called the Lord our righteousness.’ `Take away the filthy rags of self-righteousness and clothe my son with the robe of divine righteousness and eternal salvation.’ It is forever true, `the just shall live by faith.’ Entrance into the Father’s kingdom is wholly free, but progress—growth in grace—is essential to continuance therein.

150:5.3 “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.” UB 1955

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus of the Urantia revelation:

150:5.2 “When men and women ask what shall we do to be saved, you shall answer, Believe this gospel of the kingdom; accept divine forgiveness. By faith recognize the indwelling spirit of God, whose acceptance makes you a son of God. Have you not read in the Scriptures where it says, `In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.’ Also where the Father says, `My righteousness is near; my salvation has gone forth, and my arms shall enfold my people.’ `My soul shall be joyful in the love of my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation and has covered me with the robe of his righteousness.’ Have you not also read of the Father that his name `shall be called the Lord our righteousness.’ `Take away the filthy rags of self-righteousness and clothe my son with the robe of divine righteousness and eternal salvation.’ It is forever true, `the just shall live by faith.’ Entrance into the Father’s kingdom is wholly free, but progress—growth in grace—is essential to continuance therein.

150:5.3 “Salvation is the gift of the Father and is revealed by his Sons. Acceptance by faith on your part makes you a partaker of the divine nature, a son or a daughter of God. By faith you are justified; by faith are you saved; and by this same faith are you eternally advanced in the way of progressive and divine perfection. By faith was Abraham justified and made aware of salvation by the teachings of Melchizedek. All down through the ages has this same faith saved the sons of men, but now has a Son come forth from the Father to make salvation more real and acceptable.” UB 1955

Phony baloney!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But you are interested, you keep coming to the thread.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

The trolls just lie, they are people of low character.

It's like going to a zoo! Sometimes it's fun to just watch the monkeys!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i want to know who wrote UB. name the authors, the dates and all locations. when were "papers" discovered. who discovered them. when was the first publication. why has NOBODY heard of it ? ? ? ? :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
i want to know who wrote UB. name the authors, the dates and all locations. when were "papers" discovered. who discovered them. when was the first publication. why has NOBODY heard of it ? ? ? ? :chuckle:

It was delivered to planet earth by a huge UFO! Some little green
men dropped it off while they were in the area!

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Their are about a million of us around the world that have heard of the UB. The suggestion of the revelators was for slow growth, good roots. Christianity started out slow.

Ever watch Star Trek? Gene Rodenberry was a life long UBer and got ideas for the series from the UB.

The Urantia revelation began around 1911 by way of a man in Chicago that came in contact with Dr. Saddler and his wife Dr.Lena Saddler. The celestials used this man while he was in a sleeping state to communicate with the Saddlers and a commission put together to take notation and ask questions. The name of the sleeping subject was kept secret and will never be known.

The celestial authors of each paper are listed in the index as well as in each paper.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"K-E-double L-O-double good, KELLOGG'S best to you!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Sadler

…41Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, "I am the bread that came down out of heaven." 42They were saying, "Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, 'I have come down out of heaven '?" 43Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves.…

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The story of Adam and Eve in the Hebrew narratives never made much sense to me, but the UB does validate that their was such a pair. This revelation explains where they came from, how and why they are created, what their function is on an evolving world, when and why they arrived in earth when they did, what hapened, what the disastrous effect was and where they are now.

But first, what is an Adam and an Eve who arrived in our previously populated world.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-51-planetary-adams

Status
Not open for further replies.