The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm born again of the spirit. And Jesus was referring to those who needed to repent nit those who were already spirit born.

Jesus never taught Pauls atonment theory, but you cherry pick Jesus while ignoring his original gospel in order to follow Paulanity.

You speak out of ignorance!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Well, you can't be saved because you deny the Grace of God, and
have placed ALL of your faith in the "UFO Cult" known as the
Urantia Book! You may have somehow tricked yourself into
believing you're "OK" with God however, it's only a delusion!

There are 57 entries concerning Gods grace in the Urantia Revelation, but not having read the book that you disagree with well, :doh: you just keep embarrassing yourself.

Jesus of the UB on prayer:

(1621.2) 144:4.3 "In all praying, remember that sonship is a gift. No child has aught to do with earning the status of son or daughter. The earth child comes into being by the will of its parents. Even so, the child of God comes into grace and the new life of the spirit by the will of the Father in heaven. Therefore must the kingdom of heaven — divine sonship — be received as by a little child. You earn righteousness — progressive character development — but you receive sonship by grace and through faith." UB 1955

Last edited:

Aimiel

Fortunately for the reset of us, you may play the self righteous judge of everyone on the internet, God doesn't care what your opinion of me is.
No, He doesn't. He's given you His Words concerning your life / death. You've chosen death. He wants you to choose life, but He isn't pushy. I don't have any righteousness, except through The Blood of Jesus. I have NOTHING to boast of, except that God in me is VERY BIG. :thumb:

journey

Freelight and caino have chosen to reject the Gospel of the Grace of God which is Jesus Christ and the Cross - what changed at the Cross. Their hearts are hardened and their eyes are blinded to the TRUTH as taught in the Holy Bible. Instead, they have chosen to believe a 20th century book of nonsense called the urantia book. The urantia book is made up - pure fiction - so it really doesn't matter what the urantia book says. The urantia UFO CULT is a false religion, and I feel sorry for people who fall for it.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
consistency of doctrine still holds......

consistency of doctrine still holds......

Jesus of the UB on prayer:

(1621.2) 144:4.3 "In all praying, remember that sonship is a gift. No child has aught to do with earning the status of son or daughter. The earth child comes into being by the will of its parents. Even so, the child of God comes into grace and the new life of the spirit by the will of the Father in heaven. Therefore must the kingdom of heaven — divine sonship — be received as by a little child. You earn righteousness — progressive character development — but you receive sonship by grace and through faith." UB 1955

As per my last post and all posts, the commentary holds :thumb:

The clear teachings of Jesus about the kingdom, spiritual rebirth and sonship are elaborated well, with many discourses explaining such. The frustration and embarrassment of the nay-sayers is in their unwillingness to recognize the true sayings on their principle and relative meanings, while needing to continually discredit or demean the discourses as but something just 'made up', or embellished. None-the-less,...any who want to research Jesus teachings in the gospels, Gnostic gospels, apocryphal/non-canonical gospels, the UB, the Aquarian Gospel, and any other text claiming to re-present the teachings of Jesus,...it is what those teachings are communicating that matters here....as to their value and application.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
here we go again............

here we go again............

Freelight and caino have chosen to reject the Gospel of the Grace of God which is Jesus Christ and the Cross - what changed at the Cross.

God's grace is never denied, only understood differently regarding Jesus gospel and Paul's gospel, emphasizing the former based on the kingdom of heaven and the sonship of all men under God. The true values and principles in Paul's letters will always hold as truth is universal, but the emphasis is in what Jesus himself taught, according to the papers, without embracing aspects of the later 'innovations' of Paul such as vicarious blood-atonement. Repentance, surrender and commitment to righteousness is all that is required, from which spiritual transformation and renewal ensues.

Their hearts are hardened and their eyes are blinded to the TRUTH as taught in the Holy Bible.

Nah,...just have an open mind to see that you cant put 'God' or 'Jesus' in a box. You'd have to prove the Bible is the final revelation of truth on all matters of existence, and that no further revelation can be had on anything. Good luck.

Instead, they have chosen to believe a 20th century book of nonsense called the urantia book. The urantia book is made up - pure fiction - so it really doesn't matter what the urantia book says.

Prove your claim of fiction beyond "because I say so". Also while you're at it, prove the Bible has no mythology or religious fiction, embellishments, interpolations, ommissions and additions in it. lets keep the 'standard' here universal :)

The urantia UFO CULT is a false religion, and I feel sorry for people who fall for it.

Again,....promoting a lie, makes that promoter a 'liar'. You remember where 'liars' go according to the book of Revelation, right? I fail to see your integrity here.

The UB or the Urantia Foundation has no association with UFOs and the latter is not a cult, but a publishing and eductational organization. All you got is the usual spattering of falsehoods, misrepresentations and presumption further meshed with your own personal bias and opinions, with the added template of your own 'version' of Christianity handed down to you by 'tradition'.

There's much more.............

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
popsicles......

popsicles......

No, you're dead in your trespasses and sins.

So goes the 'concept' ;)

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Remember, 'symbolic' ;)

Again, as I've said, you don't get to cherry-pick The Holy Scriptures. You either believe Them or you don't. You don't, obviously.

Welcome to the orchard, where you can pick any fruit you like, according to your 'taste'. There is no solid absolute consensus on what the holy scriptures teach from a Jewish or Christian perspective, as each have their own 'portion' of the Bible as their own, the latter one 'combining' more onto the older part. Then you have many different opinions, interpretations and translations of said book(s). Seems like we got plenty of 'cherry-picking' going on.

Not to mention the high possibility that if you were born in another country, culture, race or family,...you would have adopted (accepted/taken on) the 'religion' of your tribe or family. If circumstances were different,...we wouldn't be having this conversation. You might even be on the 'side' your kicking against. Imagine that....or be agnostic or atheist.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God's grace is never denied, only understood differently regarding Jesus gospel and Paul's gospel, emphasizing the former based on the kingdom of heaven and the sonship of all men under God. The true values and principles in Paul's letters will always hold as truth is universal, but the emphasis is in what Jesus himself taught, according to the papers, without embracing aspects of the later 'innovations' of Paul such as vicarious blood-atonement. Repentance, surrender and commitment to righteousness is all that is required, from which spiritual transformation and renewal ensues.

Nah,...just have an open mind to see that you cant put 'God' or 'Jesus' in a box. You'd have to prove the Bible is the final revelation of truth on all matters of existence, and that no further revelation can be had on anything. Good luck.

Prove your claim of fiction beyond "because I say so". Also while you're at it, prove the Bible has no mythology or religious fiction, embellishments, interpolations, ommissions and additions in it. lets keep the 'standard' here universal :)

Again,....promoting a lie, makes that promoter a 'liar'. You remember where 'liars' go according to the book of Revelation, right? I fail to see your integrity here.

The UB or the Urantia Foundation has no association with UFOs and the latter is not a cult, but a publishing and eductational organization. All you got is the usual spattering of falsehoods, misrepresentations and presumption further meshed with your own personal bias and opinions, with the added template of your own 'version' of Christianity handed down to you by 'tradition'.

There's much more.............

pj

The problem is, you rely on your "Urantia Book" as your
source of truth! You have rejected God's Grace and His
written Word!

journey

I would accept the writings of Elmer Fudd before I would the urantia UFO CULT papers. It's obviously true that one can choose to believe whatever they want to, but at least one of those choices involves where you will spend eternity - believe it or not. The words of Jesus Christ are NOT in the urantia papers, regardless of what the urantia papers falsely claim. Just remember that the urantia papers deny what Jesus Christ did at the Cross and what changed at the Cross, so it denies the Gospel of the Grace of God - the foundation of Christianity.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I would accept the writings of Elmer Fudd before I would the urantia UFO CULT papers.

We heard your 'opinion' before,...and you continued 'misrepresentation' of the UB as a 'UFO CULT' which is FALSE. Apparently your 'belief-system' accepts bearing 'false witness' or 'misrepresentation' (a kind term for 'lying') which is against one of the 10 commandments. I don't find anything attractive about that.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We heard your 'opinion' before,...and you continued 'misrepresentation' of the UB as a 'UFO CULT' which is FALSE. Apparently your 'belief-system' accepts bearing 'false witness' or 'misrepresentation' (a kind term for 'lying') which is against one of the 10 commandments. I don't find anything attractive about that.

pj

The Internet has described the Urantia belief as a "UFO Cult!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't happen to believe that there's is life on other planets! However, there
may be demonic life on other planets! I also believe there's a good possibility
that UFO sightings are demonic, as well!

Aimiel

So goes the 'concept' ;)

Remember, 'symbolic' ;)

Welcome to the orchard, where you can pick any fruit you like, according to your 'taste'. There is no solid absolute consensus on what the holy scriptures teach from a Jewish or Christian perspective, as each have their own 'portion' of the Bible as their own, the latter one 'combining' more onto the older part. Then you have many different opinions, interpretations and translations of said book(s). Seems like we got plenty of 'cherry-picking' going on.

Not to mention the high possibility that if you were born in another country, culture, race or family,...you would have adopted (accepted/taken on) the 'religion' of your tribe or family. If circumstances were different,...we wouldn't be having this conversation. You might even be on the 'side' your kicking against. Imagine that....or be agnostic or atheist.

pj

Your lack of life is obvious. You hate Christ or you would accept His Blood.

I was raised by atheists. They had way more sense than you though since they came to believe in Christ eventually.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Birth and Death Dates of Jesus' Siblings

The next important event in the life of this Nazareth family was the birth of the second child, James, in the early morning hours of April 2, 3 B.C. Jesus was thrilled by the thought of having a baby brother, and he would stand around by the hour just to observe the baby's early activities. ~ The Urantia Book, (123:1.5)

In this year, 2 B.C., a little more than one month before his fifth birthday anniversary, Jesus was made very happy by the coming of his sister Miriam, who was born on the night of July 11. During the evening of the following day Jesus had a long talk with his father concerning the manner in which various groups of living things are born into the world as separate individuals.

Since returning to Nazareth, theirs had been a busy household, and Joseph had been unusually occupied building his new shop and getting his business started again. So fully was he occupied that he had found no time to build a cradle for James, but this was corrected long before Miriam came, so that she had a very comfortable crib in which to nestle while the family admired her. And the child Jesus heartily entered into all these natural and normal home experiences. He greatly enjoyed his little brother and his baby sister and was of great help to Mary in their care. ~ The Urantia Book, (123:2.3)

The fourth member of the Nazareth family, Joseph, was born Wednesday morning, March 16, A.D. 1. ~ The Urantia Book, (123:4.9)

His third brother, Simon, was born on Friday evening, April 14, of this year, A.D. 2. ~ The Urantia Book, (123:6.7)

Jesus' second sister, Martha, was born Thursday night, September 13. [AD. 3] ~ The Urantia Book, (124:1.7)

On Wednesday evening, June 24, A.D. 5, Jude was born. Complications attended the birth of this, the seventh child. ~ The Urantia Book, (124:3.4)

On Sunday night, January 9, A.D. 7, his baby brother, Amos, was born. ~ The Urantia Book, (124:5.2)

On Saturday afternoon, December 3, [A.D. 12] of this year, death for the second time struck at this Nazareth family. Little Amos, their baby brother [Age 5], died after a week's illness with a high fever. After passing through this time of sorrow with her first-born son as her only support, Mary at last and in the fullest sense recognized Jesus as the real head of the family; and he was truly a worthy head. ~ The Urantia Book, (127:3.13)

On Wednesday evening, April 17, A.D. 9, Ruth, the baby of the family, was born, and to the best of his ability Jesus endeavored to take the place of his father in comforting and ministering to his mother during this trying and peculiarly sad ordeal. For almost a score of years (until he began his public ministry) no father could have loved and nurtured his daughter any more affectionately and faithfully than Jesus cared for little Ruth. And he was an equally good father to all the other members of his family. ~ The Urantia Book, (126:3.2)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
More on where the old Pagan ideas of blood atonement came from:

4:5.5 The Hebrews believed that "without the shedding of blood there could be no remission of sin." They had not found deliverance from the old and pagan idea that the Gods could not be appeased except by the sight of blood, though Moses did make a distinct advance when he forbade human sacrifices and substituted therefor, in the primitive minds of his childlike Bedouin followers, the ceremonial sacrifice of animals.

Animal sacrifice was a replacement for human sacrifice in Judaism. But after the original gospel was rejected and the Jesus movement found favor in the Pagan world, the cross was interpreted as a final human sacrifice which was common in the Mystery religions.

Jesus taught salvation by faith.

journey

We all know that the urantia UFO garbage denies what Jesus Christ did at the Cross and the perfect work He completed at the Cross. The Cross is the single most important event in human history because of the perfect and completed work of Salvation by the Lord Jesus Christ. So, the urantia UFO CULT isn't just a false religion - it's anti-Christ and anti-Christian. It denies God's plan of Salvation - the ONLY way to be SAVED. I'm sure that the devil is quite happy with the urantia UFO CULT.

Status
Not open for further replies.