The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I already told you that I'm spirit born, therefore you are a liar!

You slandered God's Word about the Holy Spirit living inside the saved.

Gods loving and forgiving nature is what cleans me, Christs blood was the result of idiot religious people rejecting his original gospel and killing him.

The Pagans believed in human sacrifice, I do not, but you are welcome to the primitive theology of atonement if you can' do any better.

You pick and chose what you want to believe out of the Bible and make for yourself a fictional god.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That doesn't really define anything. So if we find some Marxists Jews today saying the Gospel is for the top 10% of equitied people must give all they have to the bottom 10%, then that's the Gospel? Marx was Jewish.

Your hypothetical is strange and completely unrelated to my post.

The original gospel taught by Jesus, salvation by faith, changed after he left into a gospel about Jesus as a human sacrifice to coerce God into forgiving mankind.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
intellectual honesty.......

intellectual honesty.......

Jesus tells us how we can know if the Bible is true or not.

According to your own concept of such, since there was only the OT and some inter-testamental writings extant at the time of Jesus.....we have no litmus text for authenticity for Jesus approving of what was written about him decades/centuries later after his death, canonized as the NT.

You were specifically challenged here to read Jesus discussion with Nathaniel about the so called 'scriptures'. Now have the intellectual honesty and fortitude to take that challenge or leave this discussion.

God's Truth

According to your own concept of such, since there was only the OT and some inter-testamental writings extant at the time of Jesus.....we have no litmus text for authenticity for Jesus approving of what was written about him decades/centuries later after his death, canonized as the NT.

You were specifically challenged here to read Jesus discussion with Nathaniel about the so called 'scriptures'. Now have the intellectual honesty and fortitude to take that challenge or leave this discussion.

I only read what is written in the Holy Bible.

Jesus tells us how to know for sure if what he says is true or not.

I did what Jesus said and I know for sure.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
That doesn't really define anything. So if we find some Marxists Jews today saying the Gospel is for the top 10% of equitied people must give all they have to the bottom 10%, then that's the Gospel? Marx was Jewish.

Hello Interplanner,

The OP and previous video is a good intro. to the UB,.....and we've covered lots in the thread already. Open for dialogue if interested. You can also use the 'search thread' feature for looking up any subject we may have covered already.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You sure did.

Tell me, do you have the Spirit of God inside you?

I dont recall Caino's answer, but certainly the Spirit of 'God' indwells man ( as the thought-adjuster indwelling man's mind), and the Spirit of truth from Jesus, as well as other divine spirits of 'God' in their various forms and functions. Some spirits work within man, others bear their influence without. The UB describes such workings with great detail.

Interplanner

Hello Interplanner,

The OP and previous video is a good intro. to the UB,.....and we've covered lots in the thread already. Open for dialogue if interested. You can also use the 'search thread' feature for looking up any subject we may have covered already.

My task is the proclamation of the Gospel as found in the sermon in Acts 13. I'd have to hear what you think of that first. It covers ancient to Christian history, this world and the next. It provides organization to the whole Biblical history.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I only read what is written in the Holy Bible.

Then you are confining yourself to only one book, assuming it alone speaks for 'God', which limits your knowledge of reality generally and particularly.

Jesus tells us how to know for sure if what he says is true or not.

Jesus is purported to say many things, and such sayings vary as to their believability and their interpretation. Part 4 of the UB has much more of Jesus teachings then what the gospels present. The very same principle truths, morals and ethic is contained in the papers but further expanded and elucidated.

I did what Jesus said and I know for sure

Good for you, but you're very limited in this discussion choosing wilful ignorance of the material and a bigot mentality. I find that spiritually retarding. Also, revelation is ongoing/progressive. The spirit of truth bears witness to the truth of any teaching. It itself is the teacher.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
respect for thread subject and forum rules

respect for thread subject and forum rules

My task is the proclamation of the Gospel as found in the sermon in Acts 13. I'd have to hear what you think of that first. It covers ancient to Christian history, this world and the next. It provides organization to the whole Biblical history.

With due respect, this thread is about the UB, so you are required to learn what it is, familiarize yourself with its teachings, etc. In order to have an informed discussion on it. That needs to be clarified first.

Im on my kindle fire and just lost a good portion of my response to you...these touch screen keyboards can be really touchy where you lose your writing sometimes.

I've been here over 12 years and have held a very liberal eclectic religious worldview and theological spectrum....see my profile, blogs, threads/posts, signature links, etc. My past threads archive here.

My views on Paul start here, alot of water under the bridge there.

I dont trust the book of Acts, as I see some interpolations and fictionalized addresses there, most favoring Paul. Acts 13 has an Antiochian group sanctioning Paul and NOT the Jerusalem Council, and the Jews ran Paul out as a troublemaker and heretic at the end of the chapter (and on other occasions).

The UB mentions Paul 68 times here. Seeing the contrast between Pauls and Jesus teaching will be helpful in the discussion here. I give alot here; if one is not willing to take the time to research and learn the material, its a wasted opportunity and often turns into pointless exchange. If a mutual respect is maintained, so much the better.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You pick and chose what you want to believe out of the Bible and make for yourself a fictional god.

Again, you cannot prove your 'version' of 'God' is any less fictional.

We reiterate that it is the nature of God that is real itself, being pure Spirit. It is God-consciousness itself that bears witness to its own being. The thought-adjuster indwelling the soul is that pure pre-personal fragment of Deity within man.

Interplanner

With due respect, this thread is about the UB, so you are required to learn what it is, familiarize yourself with its teachings, etc. In order to have an informed discussion on it. That needs to be clarified first.

Im on my kindle fire and just lost a good portion of my response to you...these touch screen keyboards can be really touchy where you lose your writing sometimes.

I've been here over 12 years and have held a very liberal eclectic religious worldview and theological spectrum....see my profile, blogs, threads/posts, signature links, etc. My past threads archive here.

My views on Paul start here, alot of water under the bridge there.

I dont trust the book of Acts, as I see some interpolations and fictionalized addresses there, most favoring Paul. Acts 13 has an Antiochian group sanctioning Paul and NOT the Jerusalem Council, and the Jews ran Paul out as a troublemaker and heretic at the end of the chapter (and on other occasions).

The UB mentions Paul 68 times here. Seeing the contrast between Pauls and Jesus teaching will be helpful in the discussion here. I give alot here; if one is not willing to take the time to research and learn the material, its a wasted opportunity and often turns into pointless exchange. If a mutual respect is maintained, so much the better.

good luck competing with the Bible and the historic Christian positions on many of things. God raised up Paul to express the Gospel of justification from our sins in a way that many people would not otherwise see that Christ was saying the same thing.

Anyway, a sermon is not a thing arranged by some sub group of the church. It is a transcript. I guess you meant it was not an authentic transcript. Or that the purpose of Acts--to show Roman admin that he was not one of Judaism's zealots/terrorists--is bogus. So I see no need to read someone or something I have not heard of in 50 years of research who talks like they have a new Bible. These have come and gone through church history many times.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
good luck competing with the Bible and the historic Christian positions on many of things. God raised up Paul to express the Gospel of justification from our sins in a way that many people would not otherwise see that Christ was saying the same thing.

You are one of those who believe Jesus did not teach us enough that we have to rely on Paul's teachings.

As for me, Jesus is the Lord, not Paul.

BTW, I dont subscribe to UR.

Status
Not open for further replies.