The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All of the Holy Bible is the written Word of God.

Does that include all the different manuscript-traditions, interpolations, redactions, creative doctoring, apocryphal/inter-testamental works as well? Which canon? Or is it just because you say so?

A wise man will take the best truths of all religious schools and traditions, since he recognizes God as a universal presence and power....the source of all reality....the primordial wisdom.

God's Truth

Does that include all the different manuscript-traditions, interpolations, redactions, creative doctoring, apocryphal/inter-testamental works as well? Which canon? Or is it just because you say so?

A wise man will take the best truths of all religious schools and traditions, since he recognizes God as a universal presence and power....the source of all reality....the primordial wisdom.

That is not what the Holy Bible says. Why not try to do what Jesus says? Believe and obey everything in the New Testament and Jesus will reveal himself to you.

Wouldn't that be something incomparable to anything else in this life?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
This thread is about the Urantia Papers. Hence my former statements apply to all who are forgetting that, while also correcting misrepresentations.

Great that you are open to expand and explore the entirety of existence, the breadth of consciousness. I gather you refer to Mary Baker Eddy's work 'Science and Health with key to the scriptures'? Such is the standard textbook of her spiritual method of healing, but its the correct practice of such that brings results, if you are trained in such. She is more of a pioneer or predecessor of 'New Thought' in distinction of 'new age'.

I'm a Graduate of the basic principles of 'Divine Science', a similar school of thought but disctinct in some of its nuances. It was founded by Malinda Cramer and Nona Brooks in the late 19th century and has a style that resonates better with me, hence my interest and study of the principles. I had my own charter thread on 'Divine Science' here which is no longer extant, yet like this thread it was met with alot scorn, criticism and trolling. Such reflects the backward and fearful mentality of those who will not attend to higher spiritual laws and principles, or who are bound to only one form of dogma, demonizing anything not within the comfort-zone of their own prescribed beliefs......but I needn't go on.

As far as the UB is concerned....healing is included in the provision of faith while there's not a particular scientific method taught, the universal principles of communion, worship and rightful service are extolled. The gospels clearly reveal the power of faith in the realm of healing and deliverance. I lean towards combining the best modalities of healing available and applying those, as an adventure of faith and application of science (applied knowledge).

This section here (The widespread fame of Jesus) in Paper 149 offers some interesting inisghts into the healings wrought by Jesus and the faith of the people.

Baker preached healing thyself and died from cancer and sorts. I'm sure some ub authers died saying, "opps I shouldn't have said that". I sure ub has good ideas as well as other books. There are many written under trance during communications with the unknown. So yeah, its interesting and fun to read but ...

Anyway let me apologize for TOL for some of really stupid remarks left by GT and others. They are in hillbilly religion and not very intelligent.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Your 'beliefs' are noted ;)

With 'beliefs' can come problems

They'll have to deal with their cancer causing angers.

One day the Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. "You have no right teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake!"

The Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man, "Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?" The young man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, "It would belong to me, because I bought the gift."

The Buddha smiled and said, "That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself."

God's Truth

They'll have to deal with their cancer causing angers.

One day the Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. "You have no right teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake!"

The Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man, "Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?" The young man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, "It would belong to me, because I bought the gift."

The Buddha smiled and said, "That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself."

Man's wisdom is rubbish compared to God's wisdom.

With all of the powerful words from God, why would you post something from a man who preaches falseness?

God's Truth

Baker preached healing thyself and died from cancer and sorts. I'm sure some ub authers died saying, "opps I shouldn't have said that". I sure ub has good ideas as well as other books. There are many written under trance during communications with the unknown. So yeah, its interesting and fun to read but ...

Anyway let me apologize for TOL for some of really stupid remarks left by GT and others. They are in hillbilly religion and not very intelligent.

I do not usually read posts that are not directed to me; however, I see you could not help slandering me. You hate me because I prove your Calvinistic beliefs are false.

John Calvin was a tyrant and murderer of many.

John Calvin was a Catholic who was influenced by the false teachings of Augustine.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus is the Savior of all men.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I do not usuy read posts that are not directed to me; however, I see you could not help slandering me. You hate me because I prove your Calvinistic beliefs are false.

John Calvin was a tyrant and murderer of many.

John Calvin was a Catholic who was influenced by the false teachings of Augustine.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus is the Savior of all men.

I love you !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God gives us freedom.......

God gives us freedom.......

Everyone's theologies are just as bad or good as the ub theologies.

Thats a matter of opinion/point of view, while in our discussion of such theologies we can ascertain which are of more value or significance, relative to subject and context. Problem is few are willing to read even the first 3 papers of the UB to get a basic insight into its fundamental revelation of 'God'....let alone the cosmos and purpose of life. Few seem to be interested in open creative discussion using the opportunity to expand consciousness beyond an apologetic gesture to merely pontificate or demean the subject.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Ok Freelight, the intro has now been added to the front page, thanks for bringing it to my attention. :guitar:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
so i walked up on a group of folks and overheard them talking, from what i heard, they were speaking of grace and the grace in their lives.

my ears perked up as i immediately felt compelled to contribute to the conversation. they were nice people and i could tell they had their lives together, with good jobs and families and popular like meshak.

as i joined the conversation i was shocked to hear more of their stories. i listened very intently now that i was in the inner circle and they changed the whole topic !!!!! they began talking about the grays and THEIR lives! that's right, aliens, star people.

as i tried to escape undetected, they chanted Urantia and tried to give me papers - i could feel entities and energy all around me. frightening

Caino

BANNED
Banned
so i walked up on a group of folks and overheard them talking, from what i heard, they were speaking of grace and the grace in their lives.

my ears perked up as i immediately felt compelled to contribute to the conversation. they were nice people and i could tell they had their lives together, with good jobs and families and popular like meshak.

as i joined the conversation i was shocked to hear more of their stories. i listened very intently now that i was in the inner circle and they changed the whole topic !!!!! they began talking about the grays and THEIR lives! that's right, aliens, star people.

as i tried to escape undetected, they chanted Urantia and tried to give me papers - i could feel entities and energy all around me. frightening

Genesis 18:2

Abraham's Celestial Visitors​

Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day. When he lifted up his eyes and looked, behold, three men were standing opposite him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth, and said, "My lord, if now I have found favor in your sight, please do not pass your servant by.…​

Status
Not open for further replies.