The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I forgive your assumption pertaining to my reaction encountering angels, and you forgive mine on assuming that someone who acted like they knew what was written, said the UFO words. Deal? Peace

PS. I've encountered both kinds of angels and I'm not afraid of either.

No worries,.....I was just making sure correct info. is brought into the discussion. As I shared, as far as the 'Nephilim' go,...such may be indications of some lost info., legends or racial memory going back to which the author of Genesis only had some knowledge, which is further expanded in more modern day revelations on the subject. Its just info....you can take it or leave it, but its fun being like a dectective,....investigating matters for yourself.

:thumb:

Aimiel

Remember Jesus discussion about the 'scriptures' with Nathaniel here? Time to refresh.
That 'discussion' is fiction, pure and simple, made up by demons, channeled to the author(s) of Urantia and read and believed by fools. The UB contains an account of Jebus, a false messiah, not Jesus, The Only Messiah.

journey

That 'discussion' is fiction, pure and simple, made up by demons, channeled to the author(s) of Urantia and read and believed by fools. The UB contains an account of Jebus, a false messiah, not Jesus, The Only Messiah.

You sum things up nicely. I agree.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You sum things up nicely. I agree.

wow, journey and aimiel, congrats and blessings in your quest to expose urantia for what it is, FICTION. i am delighted to see both of you and grosnick etc. battle back with the truth of Christ and scripture !!! :argue:

Charity

Hi Charity, what a pleasant surprise. :hetro:

Nothing in the UB about an agreement with Rome between Islam and the followers of Jesus, only that the missionaries of Jesus were to uncompromising with their particular moral beliefs when they entered Arabia. So the Christian version of Jesus' gospel didn't make deep roots in Babylon before the rise of Islam.

Great to hear from you Kiwi girl.

:) Thanks you, I think islam is clear that Jesus was a messenger of Allah. even thou the koran is a sixth century holy text, it is an a new Testerment directing back to the old, hence full attention of christians should be helpful

The word(s) "moses" appears 201 time(s) in 189 verse(s) in Quran in Mohsin Khan translation.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE EUROPEAN DARK AGES

195:4.1 "The church, being an adjunct to society and the ally of politics, was doomed to share in the intellectual and spiritual decline of the so-called “ European dark ages. ” During this time, religion became more and more monasticized, asceticized, and legalized. In a spiritual sense, Christianity was hibernating. Throughout this period there existed, alongside this slumbering and secularized religion, a continuous stream of mysticism, a fantastic spiritual experience bordering on unreality and philosophically akin to pantheism.

195:4.2 During these dark and despairing centuries, religion became virtually secondhanded again. The individual was almost lost before the overshadowing authority, tradition, and dictation of the church. A new spiritual menace arose in the creation of a galaxy of “saints” who were assumed to have special influence at the divine courts, and who, therefore, if effectively appealed to, would be able to intercede in man's behalf before the Gods.

195:4.3 But Christianity was sufficiently socialized and paganized that, while it was impotent to stay the oncoming dark ages, it was the better prepared to survive this long period of moral darkness and spiritual stagnation. And it did persist on through the long night of Western civilization and was still functioning as a moral influence in the world when the renaissance dawned. The rehabilitation of Christianity, following the passing of the dark ages, resulted in bringing into existence numerous sects of the Christian teachings, beliefs suited to special intellectual, emotional, and spiritual types of human personality. And many of these special Christian groups, or religious families, still persist at the time of the making of this presentation.

195:4.4 Christianity exhibits a history of having originated out of the unintended transformation of the religion of Jesus into a religion about Jesus. It further presents the history of having experienced Hellenization, paganization, secularization, institutionalization, intellectual deterioration, spiritual decadence, moral hibernation, threatened extinction, later rejuvenation, fragmentation, and more recent relative rehabilitation. Such a pedigree is indicative of inherent vitality and the possession of vast recuperative resources. And this same Christianity is now present in the civilized world of Occidental peoples and stands face to face with a struggle for existence which is even more ominous than those eventful crises which have characterized its past battles for dominance.

195:4.5 Religion is now confronted by the challenge of a new age of scientific minds and materialistic tendencies. In this gigantic struggle between the secular and the spiritual, the religion of Jesus will eventually triumph.

5. THE MODERN PROBLEM

195:5.1 The twentieth century has brought new problems for Christianity and all other religions to solve. The higher a civilization climbs, the more necessitous becomes the duty to “seek first the realities of heaven," in all of man's efforts to stabilize society and facilitate the solution of its material problems.

195:5.2 Truth often becomes confusing and even misleading when it is dismembered, segregated, isolated, and too much analyzed. Living truth teaches the truth seeker aright only when it is embraced in wholeness and as a living spiritual reality, not as a fact of material science or an inspiration of intervening art.

195:5.3 Religion is the revelation to man of his divine and eternal destiny. Religion is a purely personal and spiritual experience and must forever be distinguished from man's other high forms of thought, such as:

1. Man's logical attitude toward the things of material reality.
2. Man's aesthetic appreciation of beauty contrasted with ugliness.
3. Man's ethical recognition of social obligations and political duty.
4. Even man's sense of human morality is not, in and of itself, religious.

195:5.8 Religion is designed to find those values in the universe which call forth faith, trust, and assurance; religion culminates in worship. Religion discovers for the soul those supreme values which are in contrast with the relative values discovered by the mind. Such superhuman insight can be had only through genuine religious experience.

195:5.9 A lasting social system without a morality predicated on spiritual realities can no more be maintained than could the solar system without gravity.

195:5.10 Do not try to satisfy the curiosity or gratify all the latent adventure surging within the soul in one short life in the flesh. Be patient! be not tempted to indulge in a lawless plunge into cheap and sordid adventure. Harness your energies and bridle your passions; be calm while you await the majestic unfolding of an endless career of progressive adventure and thrilling discovery.

195:5.11 In confusion over man's origin, do not lose sight of his eternal destiny. Forget not that Jesus loved even little children, and that he forever made clear the great worth of human personality.

195:5.12 As you view the world, remember that the black patches of evil which you see are shown against a white background of ultimate good. You do not view merely white patches of good which show up miserably against a black background of evil.

195:5.13 When there is so much good truth to publish and proclaim, why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact? The beauties of the spiritual values of truth are more pleasurable and uplifting than is the phenomenon of evil.

195:5.14 In religion, Jesus advocated and followed the method of experience, even as modern science pursues the technique of experiment. We find God through the leadings of spiritual insight, but we approach this insight of the soul through the love of the beautiful, the pursuit of truth, loyalty to duty, and the worship of divine goodness. But of all these values, love is the true guide to real insight."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:) Thanks you, I think islam is clear that Jesus was a messenger of Allah. even thou the koran is a sixth century holy text, it is an a new Testerment directing back to the old, hence full attention of christians should be helpful

The word(s) "moses" appears 201 time(s) in 189 verse(s) in Quran in Mohsin Khan translation.

Allah and the Father are the same God understood through the lens of mans various limitations, but Muslims take acceptation to the true identity of Jesus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
wow, journey and aimiel, congrats and blessings in your quest to expose urantia for what it is, FICTION. i am delighted to see both of you and grosnick etc. battle back with the truth of Christ and scripture !!! :argue:

At least the religious officials who killed Jesus gave him a fair hearing, these TOL Trolls just lie about the book they never read. I can only assume that is a demonstration of the character produced by their religion.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Another new book out about the UB by by Saskia Praamsma (Author), Matthew Block (Author)

Just ordered mine today!

"SIR HUBERT WILKINS (1888-1958) was an Australian adventurer who gained international renown for his pioneering flights in the Arctic and Antarctic. In 1942, after having shifted his sphere of activities from polar exploration to working for the United States Army and various government agencies, he was introduced to the Urantia revelation. This revelation consisted of thousands of pages of manuscript said to have been transmitted by superhuman beings through an anonymous man living in Chicago. The enormous text was in the custody of a Chicago physician, William S. Sadler, who formed a secret group, the Forum, to study it. Wilkins became a member on March 5, 1942. Enthralled by his initial readings, he pored over the manuscript during his periodic visits to Chicago. In 1945 he began to keep a notebook, into which he copied passages from the text that he found especially significant or inspiring. When the Urantia Book was finally published in 1955, Sir Hubert was able to retrieve the notebook, which until then had been stored at Dr. Sadler’s residence in Chicago. It was rediscovered in 2014, and is now being made public. It is a unique remnant of a largely obscure period in the history of the Urantia Book and its readership. Sir Hubert Wilkins was certainly the first internationally known person to embrace the Urantia text as a major revelation to this planet. This notebook is a testament to Wilkins’ devoted study of a book that answered his most vital questions and gave him a new lens through which to view his own adventurous life."

RBBI

At least the religious officials who killed Jesus gave him a fair hearing, these TOL Trolls just lie about the book they never read. I can only assume that is a demonstration of the character produced by their religion.

A FAIR hearing? What book are you reading out of? His trial was at night, which was against the law, and that's just for starters.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
A FAIR hearing? What book are you reading out of? His trial was at night, which was against the law, and that's just for starters.

Hearing as in, they went out and listened to what he had to say on a number of occasions.....and then they put him through a trumped up trial. You dismissed the Urantia Revelation out of hand. It's a 2,000 page book????

Last edited:

Aimiel

He's not interested in Truth, just Urantia nonsense. Stop trying to confuse him with the facts.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
being true............

being true............

Hi pj,

Lets clarify some things,.....GM has committed to not mock anymore, as we've a mutual respect repore now (so far so good). A commendable gesture by the way, since I've already corrected false claims here and elsewhere, over and over and over. After awhile the charade just gets old. I don't like repeating myself over and over either. So I just keep referring them back to facts. If they want to stay ignorant, that's apparently the 'choice' they've made...and it is a choice.

As far as the 'battle for Christ' goes (if there needs be one),...Part 4 of the papers is all about the life, teachings, resurrection, ascension of Jesus,...a more comprehensive and complete record than the NT provides, covering every year of Jesus life in fact. The moral, ethical, spiritual teachings of the Master are wonderfully expounded, so as far as the religious principles go,..they are the same in essence of what is found in the gospels, yet enhanced with the greater cosmic comprehension provided for in the papers.

As far as what is 'fiction',...you can go thru a good deal of the Biblical record and find what may be 'fictionalized' narratives, mythology, embellished story-telling, etc....and by what criteria could you tell the difference between sensationalized fiction and a real historical event? You cannot, except take it by 'faith'. So a comparison of the Bible and UB being fictionalized or having genuine accounts in them is a 'toss-up' unless some 'criteria' can be established to determine these things. Beyond that,...the principles, truths, ideas/ideals/concepts, religious/philosophical/spiritual value of the content must be considered. - in this case the principles taught in the UB promote only the highest values and ideals of Jesus teachings.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi pj,

Let clarify some things,.....GM has committed to not mock anymore, as we've a mutual respect repore now (so far so good). A commendable gesture by the way, since I've already corrected false claims here and elsewhere, over and over and over. After awhile the charade just gets old. I don't like repeating myself over and over either. So I just keep referring them back to facts. If they want to stay ignorant, that's apparently the 'choice' they've made...and it is a choice.

As far as the 'battle for Christ' goes (if there needs be one),...Part 4 of the papers is all about the life, teachings, resurrection, ascension of Jesus,...a more comprehensive and complete record than the NT provides, covering every year of Jesus life in fact. The moral, ethical, spiritual teachings of the Master are wonderfully expounded, so as far as the religious principles go,..they are the same in essence of what is found in the gospels, yet enhanced with the greater cosmic comprehension provided for in the papers.

As far as what is 'fiction',...you can go thru a good deal of the Biblical record and find what may be 'fictionalized' narratives, mythology, embellished story-telling, etc....and by what criteria could you tell the difference between sensationalized fiction and a real historical event? You cannot, except take it by 'faith'. So a comparison of the Bible and UB being fictionalized or having genuine accounts in them is a 'toss-up' unless some 'criteria' can be established to determine these things. Beyond that,...the principles, truths, ideas/ideals/concepts, religious/philosophical/spiritual value of the content must be considered. - in this case the principles taught in the UB promote only the highest values and ideals of Jesus teachings.

I'm not mocking like gm, just rooting on my homeboys journey and aimiel, that's all. no fictional or mythical people in the Bible as the Bible is 100% accurate and true. The Bible has NEVER BEEN PROVEN WRONG.

that makes me wonder, if i went to the library and there were only 2 sections, fiction and no-fiction, the Bible would be in non-fiction and the urantia notepad would be in FICTION.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
know the theology first before condemning.....

know the theology first before condemning.....

I'm not mocking like gm, just rooting on my homeboys journey and aimiel, that's all. no fictional or mythical people in the Bible as the Bible is 100% accurate and true. The Bible has NEVER BEEN PROVEN WRONG.

that makes me wonder, if i went to the library and there were only 2 sections, fiction and no-fiction, the Bible would be in non-fiction and the urantia notepad would be in FICTION.

Again,...unless you can provide 'criteria' for proving anything is historically true or accurate, or 'fiction'...we've only got records handed down by 'tradition', with a good measure of variances in texts, interpolations, redactions, etc. You're assumption that the Bible has never been proven wrong is rather extraordinary, since skeptics have called out many instances in the biblical record that are problematic. Its ok to believe in the Bible's inspiration without taking an extreme view of 'inerrancy' or 'infallibility' since the books were written by imperfect men. Hence any and all religious writings are not perfect, so there is no need necessarily to assume they are free of any error. Spiritual teachings anyways can be relayed thru 'stories', 'parables', 'illustrations' even if those stories are not necessarily 'historical'.

You cannot prove all the stories in the Bible are 100% true accounts with no embellisments, just like you might not be able to do so with with UB or any other religious writing. We judge a book by its contents, within its own terms, meanings and context. Since you haven't read the first 5 - 12 papers (recommended), you cannot judge what it teaches about God and his relationship between individuals and the universe.

And don't forget Jesus discussion with Nathaniel on the scriptures shared earlier here.

RBBI

Ok, I broke down and read the Nathaniel piece. Can you not tell that it is bogus? The language structure is not the same, some of the words are not even possible in Hebrew. If this is purported to be a lost book, they should have "re-lost" it. In no other book of scripture, is the accuser of the brethren allowed to have his voice, detracting the writings of the others. Yeshua would have never said those things, period.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Ok, I broke down and read the Nathaniel piece. Can you not tell that it is bogus? The language structure is not the same, some of the words are not even possible in Hebrew. If this is purported to be a lost book, they should have "re-lost" it. In no other book of scripture, is the accuser of the brethren allowed to have his voice, detracting the writings of the others. Yeshua would have never said those things, period.

The UB makes no claim of being translated from Hebrew, a variant of the Phoencian alphabet. The UB was translated from a universal language into English.

The UB explains that the Hebrews vastly exaggerated their history when they rewrote the OT in Babylon leaving many mistakes and fragments of the earlier writings.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Consider the content, its terms, meanings and value

Consider the content, its terms, meanings and value

Ok, I broke down and read the Nathaniel piece. Can you not tell that it is bogus? The language structure is not the same, some of the words are not even possible in Hebrew.

As Caino mentioned,...Hebrew has nothing to do with the validity or authenticity of what is clearly shared in the English tongue, as it was translated from universal records available to 'mid-wayers' and other planetary records. See the 'Acknowledgement' near the near the end of Paper 121 here speaking of where the revelators obtained their records besides what we have extant in the gospels, etc.

If this is purported to be a lost book, they should have "re-lost" it.

Not a lost book,....but a collection of many papers revealing more and expanding on our already extant records of knowledge. The general catalog of 'lost books of the Bible' is a fun topic too....deserving its own thread :)

In no other book of scripture, is the accuser of the brethren allowed to have his voice, detracting the writings of the others. Yeshua would have never said those things, period.

I don't see an 'accuser' anywhere in the discourse, - although its truth can 'cut' like a sword. Mind you,...even Paul was so liberal to claim the letter kills, but only the Spirit gives life. He denied large portions of the OT (in tradition & custom concerning the law), and re-interpreted them to proclaim 'his gospel', so he was an innovator coming with his own spin on things. Which is interesting for those claiming the entire Bible (OT & NT) is the whole word of God, since the NT denies so much of the OT which is why orthodox Jews reject it and Jesus as their Messiah.

The UB has its own spin too of course, for it reveals Jesus as our Creator Son, the Savior or Lord of all mortals on this planet,...in this way he didn't fulfill to the "t" what the Jews expected as their Messiah, but does fulfill his role as our Creator-Son, who is the Planetary Prince and rightful ruler of our world, by which he proved his sovereignty by his resurrection sealing the victory over the rebel angels and powers of darkness that have wreaked such havoc here. Then he poured out his Spirit of Truth. So there are differences of course in the theology and eschatology revealed in the papers, but the religious principles, ethics and morals are very close and fundamental, as universal principles go. Of course a precursory research into the resources so far shared here would inform those interested to know more about the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.