Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus the lost years

Jesus the lost years

Jesus on the way to Rome:

"It was on the visit to Switzerland, up in the mountains, that Jesus had an all-day talk with both father and son about Buddhism. Many times Ganid had asked Jesus direct questions about Buddha, but he had always received more or less evasive replies. Now, in the presence of the son, the father asked Jesus a direct question about Buddha, and he received a direct reply. Said Gonod: “I would really like to know what you think of Buddha.” And Jesus answered:

“Your Buddha was much better than your Buddhism. Buddha was a great man, even a prophet to his people, but he was an orphan prophet; by that I mean that he early lost sight of his spiritual Father, the Father in heaven. His experience was tragic. He tried to live and teach as a messenger of God, but without God. Buddha guided his ship of salvation right up to the safe harbor, right up to the entrance to the haven of mortal salvation, and there, because of faulty charts of navigation, the good ship ran aground. There it has rested these many generations, motionless and almost hopelessly stranded. And thereon have many of your people remained all these years. They live within hailing distance of the safe waters of rest, but they refuse to enter because the noble craft of the good Buddha met the misfortune of grounding just outside the harbor. And the Buddhist peoples never will enter this harbor unless they abandon the philosophic craft of their prophet and seize upon his noble spirit. Had your people remained true to the spirit of Buddha, you would have long since entered your haven of spirit tranquillity, soul rest, and assurance of salvation.

“You see, Gonod, Buddha knew God in spirit but failed clearly to discover him in mind; the Jews discovered God in mind but largely failed to know him in spirit. Today, the Buddhists flounder about in a philosophy without God, while my people are piteously enslaved to the fear of a God without a saving philosophy of life and liberty. You have a philosophy without a God; the Jews have a God but are largely without a philosophy of living as related thereto. Buddha, failing to envision God as a spirit and as a Father, failed to provide in his teaching the moral energy and the spiritual driving power which a religion must possess if it is to change a race and exalt a nation.”

Then exclaimed Ganid: “Teacher, let’s you and I make a new religion, one good enough for India and big enough for Rome, and maybe we can trade it to the Jews for Yahweh.” And Jesus replied: “Ganid, religions are not made. The religions of men grow up over long periods of time, while the revelations of God flash upon earth in the lives of the men who reveal God to their fellows.” But they did not comprehend the meaning of these prophetic words.

That night after they had retired, Ganid could not sleep. He talked a long time with his father and finally said, “You know, father, I sometimes think Joshua is a prophet.” And his father only sleepily replied, “My son, there are others —”

From this day, for the remainder of his natural life, Ganid continued to evolve a religion of his own. He was mightily moved in his own mind by Jesus’ broadmindedness, fairness, and tolerance. In all their discussions of philosophy and religion this youth never experienced feelings of resentment or reactions of antagonism.

What a scene for the celestial intelligences to behold, this spectacle of the Indian lad proposing to the Creator of a universe that they make a new religion! And though the young man did not know it, they were making a new and everlasting religion right then and there — this new way of salvation, the revelation of God to man through, and in, Jesus. That which the lad wanted most to do he was unconsciously actually doing. And it was, and is, ever thus. That which the enlightened and reflective human imagination of spiritual teaching and leading wholeheartedly and unselfishly wants to do and be, becomes measurably creative in accordance with the degree of mortal dedication to the divine doing of the Father’s will. When man goes in partnership with God, great things may, and do, happen."

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
partnering with 'God'......

partnering with 'God'......

What a scene for the celestial intelligences to behold, this spectacle of the Indian lad proposing to the Creator of a universe that they make a new religion! And though the young man did not know it, they were making a new and everlasting religion right then and there — this new way of salvation, the revelation of God to man through, and in, Jesus. That which the lad wanted most to do he was unconsciously actually doing. And it was, and is, ever thus.

That which the enlightened and reflective human imagination of spiritual teaching and leading wholeheartedly and unselfishly wants to do and be, becomes measurably creative in accordance with the degree of mortal dedication to the divine doing of the Father’s will. When man goes in partnership with God, great things may, and do, happen."

Caino

The blue text above is signficant as far as the relational value and potential of man uniting with 'God' in the cosmic play of co-creation. This is the essential theme and context of the Papers in their cosmological over-view of existence and the potentials inherent within the Infinite.

What the Son desires and Father wills....will be-come reality.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universe mechanisms.....

Universe mechanisms.....

~*~*~

Shared in this thread here about how the Universe is mind-coordinated, and quoted from the UB, Paper 42... about 'universe mechanisms'. All life and universe reality is a synthesis of Mind and Spirit, space and matter, energy and light.

From another Paper on 'universe mechanisms' we read -

118:9.1 Time and space are a conjoined mechanism of the master universe. They are the devices whereby finite creatures are enabled to coexist in the cosmos with the Infinite. Finite creatures are effectively insulated from the absolute levels by time and space. But these insulating media, without which no mortal could exist, operate directly to limit the range of finite action. Without them no creature could act, but by them the acts of every creature are definitely limited.

118:9.2 Mechanisms produced by higher minds function to liberate their creative sources but to some degree unvaryingly limit the action of all subordinate intelligences. To the creatures of the universes this limitation becomes apparent as the mechanism of the universes. Man does not have unfettered free will; there are limits to his range of choice, but within the radius of this choice his will is relatively sovereign.

118:9.4 The grand universe is mechanism as well as organism, mechanical and living—a living mechanism activated by a Supreme Mind, co-ordinating with a Supreme Spirit, and finding expression on maximum levels of power and personality unification as the Supreme Being. But to deny the mechanism of the finite creation is to deny fact and to disregard reality.

118:9.5 Mechanisms are the products of mind, creative mind acting on and in cosmic potentials. Mechanisms are the fixed crystallizations of Creator thought, and they ever function true to the volitional concept that gave them origin. But the purposiveness of any mechanism is in its origin, not in its function.

118:9.6 These mechanisms should not be thought of as limiting the action of Deity; rather is it true that in these very mechanics Deity has achieved one phase of eternal expression. The basic universe mechanisms have come into existence in response to the absolute will of the First Source and Center, and they will therefore eternally function in perfect harmony with the plan of the Infinite; they are, indeed, the nonvolitional patterns of that very plan.

- UB, Paper 118, Supreme and Ultimate, Time and Space

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universe mentality

Universe mentality

Might there be some "interpretation" classes? tWINs

The 'Foreward' and first 12 Papers are ample enough to get a reader familiar with the terms and cosmological context...in which the presentation unfolds, which is quite consistent and comprehensive concerning the Revelation as a whole. This will aid the reader in 'interpreting'.

If there is something you dont understand (basic english language arrangements) about 'universe mechanisms', the text is self-explanatory, provided you use the tools of comprehension afforded you (there are still some conceptual aspects and details revealed in the papers that I dont comprehend entirely). Each read, just like reading other texts, provides deeper insights and correlations with study, which is why continued research and meditation on any inspired writing is essential.

Intelligence provides its own interpretation beyond any other creative mind endowments or enlightenment. The mechanisms inherent and operating within the universe are wonderful movements, which are recognized because 'mind' exists to perceive and know them. We live in a Mental Universe. We also accept that 'God' is a Universal Spirit, a divine and omnipresent reality. The Mind and Spirit of 'God' co-exist, co-operate and correlate. - the Papers show that these aspects are mediated thru the 'Co-joint Actor' or Infinite Spirit (or traditionally called the 'Holy Spirit'). - all levels of mind or 'consciousness' therefore have some relationship to spirit.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Proper education

Proper education

That relationship is shrouded in darkness without The Spirit of The Lord being present.

There is only One Spirit-Presence, called by various names. The UB definitively teaches on the Paradise-Trinity expanding on it from the higher perspective of this group of celestials. There are many aspects or personifications of The Infinite Spirit, depending on allocations and ministrations of the One Spirit, as such extends in the realms of space-time and local universe-domains. These are to be recognized and distinguised within proper contexts.

For more on the Infinite Spirit -

The Infinite Spirit

Relation of the Infinite Spirit to the Universe

A proper education on these matters from the UB is essential to intelligent dialogue here.

pj

Aimiel

There is only One Spirit-Presence, called by various names.
Patently false, as a simple reading of The Holy Bible proves. There are so many voices, none of which is without it's distinctive source. If you're unable to discern between good and evil you simply have no sense. Even children know right and wrong, and as one develops spiritually the knowledge of good and evil and making distinctions becomes more and more developed. Worshiping false gods and allowing any spirit access to your own is simply foolish. God has a distinct presence as do angels and demons. Not discerning God's Presence merely shows one's hatred of God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
opportunity to learn......

opportunity to learn......

Patently false, as a simple reading of The Holy Bible proves. There are so many voices, none of which is without it's distinctive source. If you're unable to discern between good and evil you simply have no sense. Even children know right and wrong, and as one develops spiritually the knowledge of good and evil and making distinctions becomes more and more developed. Worshiping false gods and allowing any spirit access to your own is simply foolish. God has a distinct presence as do angels and demons. Not discerning God's Presence merely shows one's hatred of God.

Readers here can make their own decision by actually reading the source-material for themselves, unlike yourself who only shares from 'ignorance' and 'presumption'.

There are many aspects and minstrations of the The Infinite Spirit, not to mention many different orders of cosmic beings and angels, which the Papers go into great detail about.

Your delusion arises from your ignorance of the UB's teaching and religious bias against it, for it is a revelation glorifying 'God' who is Love, unfolding an eternal purpose and plan for man to attain Paradise and fulfill his divine destiny.

Ironically your 'ignorance' of the teachings serves here, for it allows true seekers the opportunity of enlightening themselves and expanding their consciousness towards a greater cosmology of the divine Plan and pupose of Man, free from religious dogma, fundamentalism and other constructs that retard man's eternal progress.

pj

Aimiel

Readers here can make their own decision by actually reading the source-material for themselves, unlike yourself who only shares from 'ignorance' and 'presumption'.
Simply because I agree with the Truths found in The Holy Scriptures: I'm 'ignorant' and 'presumptuous.' Your hatred of Truth is noted and your sheer hatred of God and His Truth is exposed.
Your delusion arises from your ignorance of the UB's teaching and religious bias against it, for it is a revelation glorifying 'God' who is Love, unfolding an eternal purpose and plan for man to attain Paradise and fulfill his divine destiny.
God's Plan doesn't need any 'help' or modern 'translation' to bring His Truth to light. He is not only perfectly capable but has already made known His Great Plan of Salvation: which is ONLY through The Blood of Jesus. ALL others are thieves and robbers.
Ironically your 'ignorance' of the teachings serves here, for it allows true seekers the opportunity of enlightening themselves and expanding their consciousness towards a greater cosmology of the divine Plan and (purpose) of Man, free from religious dogma, fundamentalism and other constructs that retard man's eternal progress.
Now you want to add 'retard' to your plethora of insults. Seriously, you need to have an open mind, dude. You've become what you espouse hatred for: closed-minded and simple. Please buy a clue.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
moving along.....

moving along.....

~*~*~

Just a side note for readers - this is my lost post to Aimiel in this thread.

Simply because I agree with the Truths found in The Holy Scriptures: I'm 'ignorant' and 'presumptuous.'

Lets get a few things straight -

You show your ignorance of what the Papers actually teach, and from the perspective of your own biased opinion, which accordingly makes your judgments about its theology 'presumptuous' (misinformed). - lets put things in proper context.

Your hatred of Truth is noted and your sheer hatred of God and His Truth is exposed.

A lover of 'God' does not 'hate',...but values the revelation of 'truth' wherever it is found, for the divine nature is Love.

God's Plan doesn't need any 'help' or modern 'translation' to bring His Truth to light. He is not only perfectly capable but has already made known His Great Plan of Salvation: which is ONLY through The Blood of Jesus. ALL others are thieves and robbers.

That is your limited prescription of the plan of salvation, based on an interpretation of the NT, plus your own personal religious beliefs. Your zeal has more or less limited you only to your own conception of truth (idea of God), when in reality, the universality of divine revelation is not only evident thru-out nature(the cosmos and laws that uphold the universe), but also given to us in other religious traditions, inspired writings and dispensational revelations. The UB claims to be the 'Fifth Epochal Revelation' to our planet.

The issue of 'blood atonement'(Jesus blood as symbol and metaphor) has been sufficiently addressed in my 'Atonement without blood' thread.

freelight wrote:

Ironically your 'ignorance' of the teachings serves here, for it allows true seekers the opportunity of enlightening themselves and expanding their consciousness towards a greater cosmology of the divine Plan and (purpose) of Man, free from religious dogma, fundamentalism and other constructs that retard man's eternal progress.

Let me add that I meant above that your negative critiques have been used as a 'springboard' for sharing the positive contents of the UB, giving a proper education for those really interested. However, I dont see any more benefit in corresponding with you in this respect since the trade off and being subject to your pompous attitude is not worth it. Readers can glean what they will from past dialogue and their own research.

Now you want to add 'retard' to your plethora of insults.

Funny how the 'ego' invents presumed attacks on itself. No need to take things personally. - note that my reference refers to any teaching or mentality that 'retards' man's eternal progress, not that you yourself are a 'retard'. If I called you a 'retard' personally that would qualify as an 'ad hominem'.

Seriously, you need to have an open mind, dude.

Me, have an open mind? lol - you apparently have forgotten who you are speaking with, as for as being eclectic, syncretic, pluralistic and liberally all-inclusive. - furthermore, who I am and what I know is really beyond your current perception.

Please buy a clue.

As already noted,...you project psychologically outward what you really need inwardly to realize and receive yourself ...but are oblivious to (such as a truly open inquiring mind, open to learn, evaluating truth and wisdom wherever it is found). Clues are valuable tokens to be receptive to, provided you are receptive to learning. - a closed mind, that assumes it already knows truth, worshipping its own 'image' of 'God' prevents learning.

The teachings shared in the UB stand or fall on their own merit and their value will be discovered or rejected by personal inspection. You being here spouting off that its 'channeled by demons' or a 'tool of the devil' is typical antics by religious fundamentalists who cant see beyond their own nose. - its just ignorant IMO.

Finally, any reader here in this thread and our other UB thread, has full access to the text itself, thread-commentary, and articles from students that have spent many years studying the papers. The conceptual frames, cosmological constructs, religious/philosphical truths and principles hold, being compatible with traditional/orthodox judeo-christian theology, yet also enhancing/expanding its concepts and in some ways correcting aspects of such. Thats what more modern or current revelation does, it adds upon, enhances, expands and modifies concepts where necessary appropriate to the receptivity of man at any point in time, and enlarges his vision to a greater consonance with the totality of reality. Thats what the revelators of the Papers attempt within the bounderies of human language.

UB Fellowship

Paul

Aimiel

Just a side note for readers - this is my lost post to Aimiel in this thread.
You've made such empty threats before.
Lets get a few things straight -
The only thing you seem to have straight is: you spelled my name right.
You show your ignorance of what the Papers actually teach, and from the perspective of your own biased opinion, which accordingly makes your judgments about its theology 'presumptuous' (misinformed).
I may be ignorant of what UB teaches, but that's merely because when I read the material: nothing sticks, because there's no Truth in it. I admit my bias: I'm pre-disposed to Truth. Knowing Him personally does that to people. Jesus is The One and Only Truth. The representation of Jebus in UB isn't Christ; it's a false god and you're bowing at his feet of your own free will.
lets put things in proper context.
The proper context is: your false gods and false ideas about
God are what leave you in the dark. Those who buy into a demonic doctrine and take materials that came from hell as if they were from Heaven are taking things out-of-context. You're askew because of the viewpoint you've adopted.
A lover of 'God' does not 'hate',...but values the revelation of 'truth' wherever it is found, for the divine nature is Love.
That's a stretch, to say the least. Revelation of Truth cannot be found outside of Christ. He is Truth. Your UB simply isn't true. It's lies. All of it.
That is your limited prescription of the plan of salvation, based on an interpretation of the NT, plus your own personal religious beliefs. Your zeal has more or less limited you only to your own conception of truth (idea of God), when in reality, the universality of divine revelation is not only evident thru-out nature(the cosmos and laws that uphold the universe), but also given to us in other religious traditions, inspired writings and dispensational revelations. The UB claims to be the 'Fifth Epochal Revelation' to our planet.
Just as it claims a whole barrel full of other nonsense which simply isn't true.
The issue of 'blood atonement'(Jesus blood as symbol and metaphor) has been sufficiently addressed in my 'Atonement without blood' thread.
That doesn't make His Blood any less effective or insignificant. Without His Blood there is no remission of sin. None.
Let me add that I meant above that your negative critiques have been used as a 'springboard' for sharing the positive contents of the UB, giving a proper education for those really interested. However, I dont see any more benefit in corresponding with you in this respect since the trade off and being subject to your pompous attitude is not worth it. Readers can glean what they will from past dialogue and their own research.
As I'm sure they can also do by reading The Holy Scriptures. Your negative attitude towards me doesn't do anything but reinforce the fact that you hate Christians and everything we stand for. You're so transparent it isn't funny.
Funny how the 'ego' invents presumed attacks on itself. No need to take things personally. - note that my reference refers to any teaching or mentality that 'retards' man's eternal progress, not that you yourself are a 'retard'.
You and I both know your inference. God knew you and others would come along in sheep's clothing and pretend that 'other' gospels needed to be read. They don't. God's Word is sufficient and is our ONLY Salvation. Looking to another source is sin. Finding another way to reach out for truth is wiping your feet in Jesus' Blood and is as bad as crucifying Him yourself.
Me, have an open mind? lol - you apparently have forgotten who you are speaking with, as for as being eclectic, syncretic, pluralistic and liberally all-inclusive. - furthermore, who I am and what I know is really beyond your current perception.
Not hardly. You've exposed the darkness inside yourself adequately such that men can see exactly what you're made of. Everyone is welcomed into your threads to read and comment... until someone who knows The Lord speaks up. Then he's attacked as the enemy which is obvious: since you're an enemy of God and must attack all of His Messengers.
Finally, any reader here in this thread and our other UB thread, has full access to the text itself, thread-commentary, and articles from students that have spent many years studying the papers. The conceptual frames, cosmological constructs, religious/philosphical truths and principles hold, being compatible with traditional/orthodox judeo-christian theology, yet also enhancing/expanding its concepts and in some ways correcting aspects of such. Thats what more modern or current revelation does, it adds upon, enhances, expands and modifies concepts where necessary appropriate to the receptivity of man at any point in time, and enlarges his vision to a greater consonance with the totality of reality. Thats what the revelators of the Papers attempt within the bounderies of human language.
Sorry, but God doesn't need anyone 'correcting' His Papers. He produced The Holy Bible and doesn't make mistakes. Men do. You need the correction that being in the stocks might cure. The UB is a mistake and anyone who reads it thinking there might be even a whisper of truth in it is a fool.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

THE MYSTERY OF GOD

"The infinity of the perfection of God is such that it eternally constitutes him mystery. And the greatest of all the unfathomable mysteries of God is the phenomenon of the divine indwelling of mortal minds. The manner in which the Universal Father sojourns with the creatures of time is the most profound of all universe mysteries; the divine presence in the mind of man is the mystery of mysteries.

The physical bodies of mortals are “the temples of God.” Notwithstanding that the Sovereign Creator Sons come near the creatures of their inhabited worlds and “draw all men to themselves”; though they “stand at the door” of consciousness “and knock” and delight to come in to all who will “open the doors of their hearts”; although there does exist this intimate personal communion between the Creator Sons and their mortal creatures, nevertheless, mortal men have something from God himself which actually dwells within them; their bodies are the temples thereof.

When you are through down here, when your course has been run in temporary form on earth, when your trial trip in the flesh is finished, when the dust that composes the mortal tabernacle “returns to the earth whence it came”; then, it is revealed, the indwelling “Spirit shall return to God who gave it.” There sojourns within each moral being of this planet a fragment of God, a part and parcel of divinity. It is not yet yours by right of possession, but it is designedly intended to be one with you if you survive the mortal existence.

We are constantly confronted with this mystery of God; we are nonplused by the increasing unfolding of the endless panorama of the truth of his infinite goodness, endless mercy, matchless wisdom, and superb character.

The divine mystery consists in the inherent difference which exists between the finite and the infinite, the temporal and the eternal, the time-space creature and the Universal Creator, the material and the spiritual, the imperfection of man and the perfection of Paradise Deity. The God of universal love unfailingly manifests himself to every one of his creatures up to the fullness of that creature’s capacity to spiritually grasp the qualities of divine truth, beauty, and goodness.

To every spirit being and to every mortal creature in every sphere and on every world of the universe of universes, the Universal Father reveals all of his gracious and divine self that can be discerned or comprehended by such spirit beings and by such mortal creatures. God is no respecter of persons, either spiritual or material. The divine presence which any child of the universe enjoys at any given moment is limited only by the capacity of such a creature to receive and to discern the spirit actualities of the supermaterial world.

As a reality in human spiritual experience God is not a mystery. But when an attempt is made to make plain the realities of the spirit world to the physical minds of the material order, mystery appears: mysteries so subtle and so profound that only the faith-grasp of the God-knowing mortal can achieve the philosophic miracle of the recognition of the Infinite by the finite, the discernment of the eternal God by the evolving mortals of the material worlds of time and space." UB

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the divine presence

the divine presence

THE MYSTERY OF GOD

"The infinity of the perfection of God is such that it eternally constitutes him mystery. And the greatest of all the unfathomable mysteries of God is the phenomenon of the divine indwelling of mortal minds. The manner in which the Universal Father sojourns with the creatures of time is the most profound of all universe mysteries; the divine presence in the mind of man is the mystery of mysteries.

The physical bodies of mortals are “the temples of God.” Notwithstanding that the Sovereign Creator Sons come near the creatures of their inhabited worlds and “draw all men to themselves”; though they “stand at the door” of consciousness “and knock” and delight to come in to all who will “open the doors of their hearts”; although there does exist this intimate personal communion between the Creator Sons and their mortal creatures, nevertheless, mortal men have something from God himself which actually dwells within them; their bodies are the temples thereof.

When you are through down here, when your course has been run in temporary form on earth, when your trial trip in the flesh is finished, when the dust that composes the mortal tabernacle “returns to the earth whence it came”; then, it is revealed, the indwelling “Spirit shall return to God who gave it.” There sojourns within each moral being of this planet a fragment of God, a part and parcel of divinity. It is not yet yours by right of possession, but it is designedly intended to be one with you if you survive the mortal existence.

We are constantly confronted with this mystery of God; we are nonplused by the increasing unfolding of the endless panorama of the truth of his infinite goodness, endless mercy, matchless wisdom, and superb character.

The divine mystery consists in the inherent difference which exists between the finite and the infinite, the temporal and the eternal, the time-space creature and the Universal Creator, the material and the spiritual, the imperfection of man and the perfection of Paradise Deity. The God of universal love unfailingly manifests himself to every one of his creatures up to the fullness of that creature’s capacity to spiritually grasp the qualities of divine truth, beauty, and goodness.

To every spirit being and to every mortal creature in every sphere and on every world of the universe of universes, the Universal Father reveals all of his gracious and divine self that can be discerned or comprehended by such spirit beings and by such mortal creatures. God is no respecter of persons, either spiritual or material. The divine presence which any child of the universe enjoys at any given moment is limited only by the capacity of such a creature to receive and to discern the spirit actualities of the supermaterial world.

As a reality in human spiritual experience God is not a mystery. But when an attempt is made to make plain the realities of the spirit world to the physical minds of the material order, mystery appears: mysteries so subtle and so profound that only the faith-grasp of the God-knowing mortal can achieve the philosophic miracle of the recognition of the Infinite by the finite, the discernment of the eternal God by the evolving mortals of the material worlds of time and space." UB

Caino

Hi Caino,

It is truly a beautiful mystery!

I'll share more on Thought adjusters soon,....as the relationship of the soul to the divine Adjuster is most interesting. Just to think that we have an actual fragment of God, being pure spirit-energy and divine potential indwelling our minds, which we can one day fuse with thus immortalizing our soul is breathtaking. The concept of the Thought Adjuster is one of the most notable and significant contributions of the UB.

The nature and origin of Thought Adjusters

Onward to Paradise......

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Interesting validation of the UB. The Jesus papers use specific dates, in this paragraph they say that there was a full moon on the night in question. Now we have NASA to verify these claims.

"Thursday, April 6, 30 A.D."

176:0.2 In order to avoid the crowds passing along the Kidron valley toward Gethsemane, Jesus and his associates were minded to climb up the western slope of Olivet for a short distance and then follow a trail over to their private camp near Gethsemane located a short distance above the public camping ground. As they turned to leave the road leading on to Bethany, they observed he temple, glorified by the rays of the setting sun; and while they tarried on the mount, they saw the lights of the city appear and beheld the beauty of the illuminated temple; and there, under
the mellow light of the full moon, Jesus and the twelve sat down. The Master talked with them, and presently Nathaniel asked this question: “Tell us, Master, how shall we know when these
events are about to come to pass?”

Moon Phases from -1999 to +4000 (2000 BCE to 4000 CE)
by Fred Espenak / NASA

fullmoonapril630ad.jpg

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/phase/phasecat.html

Thanks to Russ McClay for this research

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The evolution of man made Judaism shows the older concepts of human sacrifice. Paul's new gospel about Jesus barrows from these older primitive concepts as a foundation for his Christian religion. In Jesus' gospel sincere, living faith in God, was the foundation of real salvation.

"A petty king in Palestine. in building the walls of Jericho, “laid the foundation thereof in Abiram, his first-born, and set up the gates thereof in his youngest son, Segub.” At that late date, not only did this father put two of his sons alive in the foundation holes of the city’s gates, but his action is also recorded as being “according to the word of the Lord.” Moses had forbidden these foundation sacrifices, but the Israelites reverted to them soon after his death. The twentieth-century ceremony of depositing trinkets and keepsakes in the cornerstone of a new building is reminiscent of the primitive foundation sacrifices."

Caino

Aimiel

Wrong! The ONLY foundation of salvation is Jesus' Blood. All our works are wood, hay and stubble. If we have faith in God, it's His Gift, His Faith at work in us. We have NO ONE to thank but Him for our salvation. It isn't by works.

Judaism isn't from men. God designed the traditions the Jews hold to, not the prophets who wrote His Holy Word. You're really ALL mixed up.

Stuu

Interesting validation of the UB. The Jesus papers use specific dates, in this paragraph they say that there was a full moon on the night in question. Now we have NASA to verify these claims.

"Thursday, April 6, 30 A.D."

176:0.2 In order to avoid the crowds passing along the Kidron valley toward Gethsemane, Jesus and his associates were minded to climb up the western slope of Olivet for a short distance and then follow a trail over to their private camp near Gethsemane located a short distance above the public camping ground. As they turned to leave the road leading on to Bethany, they observed he temple, glorified by the rays of the setting sun; and while they tarried on the mount, they saw the lights of the city appear and beheld the beauty of the illuminated temple; and there, under
the mellow light of the full moon, Jesus and the twelve sat down. The Master talked with them, and presently Nathaniel asked this question: “Tell us, Master, how shall we know when these
events are about to come to pass?”

Moon Phases from -1999 to +4000 (2000 BCE to 4000 CE)
by Fred Espenak / NASA

fullmoonapril630ad.jpg

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/phase/phasecat.html

Thanks to Russ McClay for this research

Caino
In the Book of Plagiarism it says it was a Tuesday.

Stuart

Caino

BANNED
Banned
In the Book of Plagiarism it says it was a Tuesday.

Stuart

Hi Stuu,

You are correct, the UB says it was Tuesday; I simply copied what Russ had written.

However, a few pages earlier the UB states that March 31 AD 30 was a Friday. I verified that with CalandarHome.com. That makes the following Tuesday April the 4th and Thursday the 6th which is when the moon was full according to the moon chart calculator.

So for now the UB had the days of the week correct but there appears to be an error in the full moon piece.

You may use http://calendarhome.com/day-of-week.html to run other dates in the UB if your skeptical mind runs out of things to criticize.

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.