The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

journey

When in doubt, remember that the claims of the ub are BALONEY. The ub is not a source of truth or authority on a single thing. Nobody really cares about the beliefs of the urantia UFO cult, but we do care about them trying to sell it to others.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
When in doubt, remember that the claims of the ub are BALONEY. The ub is not a source of truth or authority on a single thing. Nobody really cares about the beliefs of the urantia UFO cult, but we do care about them trying to sell it to others.

You have secret doubts as to the truth of your own religion, the teachings of the UB bother you because it exposes your insecurities.

I drank what?

Er, supposedly, Pangaea hadn't started breaking up until much later than that, meaning, they could not possibly have seen 'Greenland' at that time.

Do you just want me to go and do commentary on the whole Urantia book along with the Book of Mormon and its claim of American Lamenites etc.?

Christians and Jews have found and proven a good deal of Bible data. That isn't going to happen for the Book of Mormon and Urantia. As I've just shown, the Urantia is actually against science and archeology.

The uB is just looking more and more foolish as you guys progress. How can you guys possibly buy this stuff?

How about dianetics? the celestine prophecy? the cat in the hat?

so many wonderful tomes of wisdom so little time to study them all...

i miss the good ole days when all we had to debate was the Bible, Quran, and maybe the Tao Te Ching, or Baghavad Gita?

meh

the future generations are going to have so much fun debating the Bible with the Harry Potter books, Twilight and Hunger Games

it's real to me :allsmile:

0.jpg

Right Divider

Body part
You were flat out wrong, I was nice to you about it. Laurentia Included Greenland, the entire mass was moving 500,000,000 million years ago. But that's far different than the Hebrews 6,000 year old earth.
Really?

500,000,000,000,000 years ago?

500 TRILLION year ago?

And of course you got great support for this.....

journey

You have secret doubts as to the truth of your own religion, the teachings of the UB bother you because it exposes your insecurities.

Wrong - the ub exposes NOTHING. UFO science fiction means NOTHING to anyone but NUTS. I would be more concerned if Elmer Fudd questioned the Holy Bible.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Lon's mistake was kindly answered, but apparently he isn't man enough to simply concede.

Er, supposedly, Pangaea hadn't started breaking up until much later than that, meaning, they could not possibly have seen 'Greenland' at that time.

Do you just want me to go and do commentary on the whole Urantia book along with the Book of Mormon and its claim of American Lamenites etc.?

Christians and Jews have found and proven a good deal of Bible data. That isn't going to happen for the Book of Mormon and Urantia. As I've just shown, the Urantia is actually against science and archeology.

The uB is just looking more and more foolish as you guys progress. How can you guys possibly buy this stuff?

Ok Lon, I'll take you up on that. First read papers 58,59 and 60 concerning the various land emergence, submergence cycles and the corospong flood stages up to the age of the continents as we know them today so you know what it is that you disagree with. Science continues to catch up with the UB. We can discuss things revealed in the UB that were not known by science in the early 1900's but have been validated.

Scientist call it "Laurentia" It was one land mass at one stage in one of many breakups. I will throw you a friendly gaff reminder, surely you read it fast it did not understand what the sentence was saying. I know you are more intelligent than that.

(668.1) 58:4.3 "500,000,000 years ago primitive marine vegetable life was well established on Urantia. Greenland and the arctic land mass, together with North and South America, were beginning their long and slow westward drift".

Wiki:

Wiki:

Laurentia (North American Craton) is a large continental craton, which forms the ancient geological core of the North American continent. Many times in its past, Laurentia has been a separate continent as it is now in the form of North America, although originally it also included the cratonic areas of Greenland and also the northwestern part of Scotland, known as the Hebridean Terrane. During other times in its past, Laurentia has been part of larger continents and supercontinents and itself consists of many smaller terranes assembled on a network of Early Proterozoic orogenic belts. Small microcontinents and oceanic islands collided with and sutured onto the ever-growing Laurentia, and together formed the stable Precambrian craton seen today.[1]​

In geology, Rodinia (from the Russian "Родина", ródina, meaning "The Motherland")[1][2] is the name of a hypothesized supercontinent, a continent which contained most or all of Earth's landmass. The name was coined by McMenamin & McMenamin in 1990.[3] According to plate tectonic reconstructions, Rodinia existed between 1.1 billion and 750 million years ago, in the Neoproterozoic Era. It is one of two models for the configuration and history of the continental crust in the latter part of Precambrian times. The other is Paleopangea.[4] Rodinia is postulated to have formed at ~1.0 Ga by accretion and collision of fragments produced by breakup of a hypothethetical older supercontinent, Columbia, assembled by global-scale 2.0–1.8 Ga collisional events.[5][6] Rodinia has entered popular consciousness as one of the two great supercontinents of earth history, the other being Pangaea.[7]

Rodinia 1.1 Billion BC

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God has remained the same, mans understanding of God along with interpreting the meaning of Gods acts is what evolves.

In the age of the writing and recasting of the OT books in Babylon they simply had an entirely different worldview. The purpose was to buttress the faith scattered Israelites who were again in captivity.

The fact of faith is what should be apreciated, we would be sympathetic with the intellectual limitations of the age.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Really?

500,000,000,000,000 years ago?

500 TRILLION year ago?

And of course you got great support for this.....

500,000,000= five hundred million

Prior to Pangea there was Rodinia and a bunch of movements in between. Those are benchmarks used to discuss periods in plate tectonics.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How about dianetics? the celestine prophecy? the cat in the hat?

so many wonderful tomes of wisdom so little time to study them all...

i miss the good ole days when all we had to debate was the Bible, Quran, and maybe the Tao Te Ching, or Baghavad Gita?

meh

the future generations are going to have so much fun debating the Bible with the Harry Potter books, Twilight and Hunger Games

it's real to me :allsmile:

0.jpg

There were a number of false Messiahs before and after Jesus. There have been other false revelations in the 20th century. Judge this by its contents, let the Father and Son in your heart bear witness to this claim. I'm just the fallible messenger.

Hands down the Jesus story is the best available in the world! The philosophy and spiritual content of the book is unmatched. It actually validates many of the historic facts that the Biblical authors wrote about and interpreted in their own way. The UB opens up the scripture even more.

"You must cease to seek for the word of God only on the pages of the olden records of theologic authority. Those who are born of the spirit of God shall henceforth discern the word of God regardless of whence it appears to take origin. Divine truth must not be discounted because the channel of its bestowal is apparently human." UB 155:6.12

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
AS we see all the fighting in sect divided Christiandom, this excerpt from Jesus teaching in the UB could be helpful for people who desire to grow up in Christ and be more at peace with their fellow belivers:

"One of the most eventful of all the evening conferences at Amathus, was the session having to do with the discussion of spiritual unity. James Zebedee had asked, “Master, how shall we learn to see alike and thereby enjoy more harmony among ourselves?” When Jesus heard this question, he was stirred within his spirit, so much so that he replied: “James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike? I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God. I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality. What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity—and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven. You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father. Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

141:5.2 “In this way you may experience a perfected unity of spirit purpose and spirit understanding growing out of the mutual consciousness of the identity of each of your indwelling Paradise spirits; and you may enjoy all of this profound spiritual unity in the very face of the utmost diversity of your individual attitudes of intellectual thinking, temperamental feeling, and social conduct. Your personalities may be refreshingly diverse and markedly different, while your spiritual natures and spirit fruits of divine worship and brotherly love may be so unified that all who behold your lives will of a surety take cognizance of this spirit identity and soul unity; they will recognize that you have been with me and have thereby learned, and acceptably, how to do the will of the Father in heaven. You can achieve the unity of the service of God even while you render such service in accordance with the technique of your own original endowments of mind, body, and soul.

141:5.3 “Your spirit unity implies two things, which always will be found to harmonize in the lives of individual believers: First, you are possessed with a common motive for life service; you all desire above everything to do the will of the Father in heaven. Second, you all have a common goal of existence; you all purpose to find the Father in heaven, thereby proving to the universe that you have become like him.” UB

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
AS we see all the fighting in sect divided Christiandom, this excerpt from Jesus teaching in the UB could be helpful for people who desire to grow up in Christ and be more at peace with their fellow belivers:

"One of the most eventful of all the evening conferences at Amathus, was the session having to do with the discussion of spiritual unity. James Zebedee had asked, “Master, how shall we learn to see alike and thereby enjoy more harmony among ourselves?” When Jesus heard this question, he was stirred within his spirit, so much so that he replied: “James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike? I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God. I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality. What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity—and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven. You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father. Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

141:5.2 “In this way you may experience a perfected unity of spirit purpose and spirit understanding growing out of the mutual consciousness of the identity of each of your indwelling Paradise spirits; and you may enjoy all of this profound spiritual unity in the very face of the utmost diversity of your individual attitudes of intellectual thinking, temperamental feeling, and social conduct. Your personalities may be refreshingly diverse and markedly different, while your spiritual natures and spirit fruits of divine worship and brotherly love may be so unified that all who behold your lives will of a surety take cognizance of this spirit identity and soul unity; they will recognize that you have been with me and have thereby learned, and acceptably, how to do the will of the Father in heaven. You can achieve the unity of the service of God even while you render such service in accordance with the technique of your own original endowments of mind, body, and soul.

141:5.3 “Your spirit unity implies two things, which always will be found to harmonize in the lives of individual believers: First, you are possessed with a common motive for life service; you all desire above everything to do the will of the Father in heaven. Second, you all have a common goal of existence; you all purpose to find the Father in heaven, thereby proving to the universe that you have become like him.” UB

The Urantia Book is, "JUNK MAIL!"

Status
Not open for further replies.