The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

Hey, Freelight, have another glass of WHINE, on me.
:think: His reporting you is odd given the following:
Dear Urantia people, I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them
Mocking those who speak against the Bible as the Word of God has never been against the rules at TOL
I guess I figure if we are going to allow you to spread this stuff at a Bible believing Christian forum, the least we could do is allow people to mock you for spreading it.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:think: His reporting you is odd given the following:
There's no question that the rules of TOL don't apply to GM, they do encourage him as you say. But I will make an observation. TOL is a large forum including a Christians only area which Delmer asked me not to go, I honor that agreement. Some of the other areas I defend traditional Christian beliefs against atheists and then I like the evolution stuff. So for the most part, we do the UB stuff on this thread, again, as Knight asked me personally years ago. However, with your own Christian place, and just the two routinely mocked members that post on this thread, just what is it that is such a threat to you guys? IS it the same threat that a carpenter from Nazareth and his small band of believers posed to the establishment? Truth?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Caino, could you post another one of those lists, that contains the names and positions of the "Cosmic Masters of the Universe?" I found it, most interesting. What's the name of the Urantian marketing coordinator?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Continuing from here

Here we see 7 levels of of Deity in various conditions and functions, which shows the breadth and depth of God in activity prior to creation and thru-out all creation. Terms are later revealed in the following papers expanding on these terms and concepts. The level of the 'Supreme' is a condition of creature-Creator unification and is the sum and convergence of such a union whose totality and even cosmic personality is known as 'God the Supreme', so that this level of Supremacy is a cooperative unification of creature and Creator and exists/unfolds as an evolutional whole. See: The Supreme Being (and next 2 papers). This aspect of 'the Supreme' is a key-note concept in the papers, and draws our attention to the widening augmentation of Creator-creature identification and participation in the expanding cosmos.

The Ultimate level is time-space transcending,...and has to do with the 'absonite' levels of reality (having no beginning or ending, but have aspects of existence that are 'eventuated'). 'Absonite' is another unique term found in the papers to denote the 'ultimate' levels of universe reality.

Thanks Freelight, these pre-definitions begin to explain a lot about the Unqualified Absolutes volition expressed in the Trinity and further revealed in the subordinate deities such as Christ Michael.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Urantia thing seems to just be philosophy explaining how the universe corresponds with the spiritual. There's a surprisingly objective tone to it as well, at least of what I've seen.

But
Leave some Christians to hate things that are apt to reason :plain:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Enjoying the subject of Deity.......

Enjoying the subject of Deity.......

Thanks Freelight, these pre-definitions begin to explain a lot about the Unqualified Absolutes volition expressed in the Trinity and further revealed in the subordinate deities such as Christ Michael.

Yes,....we realize the 'Foreward' is very complex and lays out the fundamental concepts of Deity and universe realities, and as one reads the papers that expand on these concepts, more comprehension is added expanding one's sense of cosmogony and glory of God in his many qualities and attributes :) - there are concepts that leave me still boggled, but I try to contemplate them and allow whatever glimmer of intellectual or spiritual insight they may offer.

After the 7 levels of Deity expression covered earlier, the Foreward continues -

0:1.11 The finite level of reality is characterized by creature life and time-space limitations. Finite realities may not have endings, but they always have beginnings—they are created. The Deity level of Supremacy may be conceived as a function in relation to finite existences.

0:1.12 The absonite level of reality is characterized by things and beings without beginnings or endings and by the transcendence of time and space. Absoniters are not created; they are eventuated—they simply are. The Deity level of Ultimacy connotes a function in relation to absonite realities. No matter in what part of the master universe, whenever time and space are transcended, such an absonite phenomenon is an act of the Ultimacy of Deity.

0:1.13 The absolute level is beginningless, endless, timeless, and spaceless. For example: On Paradise, time and space are nonexistent; the time-space status of Paradise is absolute. This level is Trinity attained, existentially, by the Paradise Deities, but this third level of unifying Deity expression is not fully unified experientially. Whenever, wherever, and however the absolute level of Deity functions, Paradise-absolute values and meanings are manifest.

These 3 levels are awesome to contemplate :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Urantia thing seems to just be philosophy explaining how the universe corresponds with the spiritual. There's a surprisingly objective tone to it as well, at least of what I've seen.

But

Thanks Crucible for recognizing that :)

The revelators of this tome used the human knowledge and language of the early 20th century so they were somewhat limited by that, but made their own terms when necessary to broaden and illumine the mind of man for this particular dispensation.

Lon

There's no question that the rules of TOL don't apply to GM, they do encourage him as you say. But I will make an observation. TOL is a large forum including a Christians only area which Delmer asked me not to go, I honor that agreement. Some of the other areas I defend traditional Christian beliefs against atheists and then I like the evolution stuff. So for the most part, we do the UB stuff on this thread, again, as Knight asked me personally years ago. However, with your own Christian place, and just the two routinely mocked members that post on this thread, just what is it that is such a threat to you guys? IS it the same threat that a carpenter from Nazareth and his small band of believers posed to the establishment? Truth?

No. I don't really mock you, I tell you where you are wrong in hopes the Lord Jesus Christ and His truth will triumph. I've not much else interest than that... other than noting an occasional oddity.

Lon

But
Er, it rejects the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and rejects much of the Bible as wrong. That's a 'no dice!' in my book.

journey

Er, it rejects the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and rejects much of the Bible as wrong. That's a 'no dice!' in my book.

I agree completely.

Galatians 1:9-12 KJV As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 11. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Lon

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

But

Looks like Crucible is a new convert to the Urantia UFO Cult? If it's so, good for you Cruc. They need a third naive guy like you in order to boost their membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.