The Subtility of Satan

beloved57

I agree, religion is man conceived doctrine that usually comes out of the brain of a heretic.

It is always anti-Gospel and anti-bible.

Religion teaches that God is unjust like you do! You teach that millions upon millions for whom Christ lived and died shall wind up in Hell lost in their sins in unbelief!

Robert Pate

Banned
Religion teaches that God is unjust like you do! You teach that millions upon millions for whom Christ lived and died shall wind up in Hell lost in their sins in unbelief!

Yep, because just like you they do not believe that Jesus has saved them, John 3:18.

beloved57

Yep, because just like you they do not believe that Jesus has saved them, John 3:18.

Those Christ lived and died for have perfectly obeyed the Law, that makes them believers! How can someone perfectly obey the Law of God without believing?

Robert Pate

Banned
Those Christ lived and died for have perfectly obeyed the Law, that makes them believers! How can someone perfectly obey the Law of God without believing?

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, because he loves the whole world, John 3:16.

beloved57

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, because he loves the whole world, John 3:16.

You dont believe that scripture, nor understand it, You believe that those Christ has made Righteous, Perfect, shall yet die in their sins in unbelief, making God Unjust !

Samie

Coming to Christ to be saved by him is not a work, nor is believing and having faith in Christ a work.
That's according to you. Since when is the verb "come" not an action word?

Even if it is a work it is not a work that saves.
Yet you place it before what God through Christ did for us all. You are teaching people are born hell-bound until written in the Book of Life. That's a works-based salvation.

I teach people are born heaven-bound until deleted from it. That's pure grace-based salvation.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's according to you. Since when is the verb "come" not an action word?

Yet you place it before what God through Christ did for us all. You are teaching people are born hell-bound until written in the Book of Life. That's a works-based salvation.

I teach people are born heaven-bound until deleted from it. That's pure grace-based salvation.

Nope, we are born sinners, Psalm 51:5.

"Wherfore as by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12.

Adam is your great, grandfather. You have his genes and his blood coursing through your veins. As Adam goes, so you go.

No one is born saved. If that were true Christ died in vain.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We also have the ability to choose good.

We can choose Christ and be saved.
Amen. Absolutely.

I am curious as to how you understood my post:

We all have the potential of evil. It's how we are created.

We have free will. We have natural and mandated consequences to our actions.

You seem to have missed reading and thinking about what I said. Because we live with inner evil or cruelty to others every day does not mean we are "forced" by some mythic horned character to do only bad things.

Sometimes it helps me to go over Genesis again with a focused mind. And the story of the Garden and humankind is incredibly deep and informative.
And, in the end, God pronounced it as "good." That meant the talking snake as well.

Robert Pate

Banned
Amen. Absolutely.

I am curious as to how you understood my post:

You seem to have missed reading and thinking about what I said. Because we live with inner evil or cruelty to others every day does not mean we are "forced" by some mythic horned character to do only bad things.

Sometimes it helps me to go over Genesis again with a focused mind. And the story of the Garden and humankind is incredibly deep and informative.
And, in the end, God pronounced it as "good." That meant the talking snake as well.

All who come to Christ to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Christians keeper and is a restraint from sinning.

This is what makes the Christian different from the unsaved. This is what makes us witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.

The talking snake who is Satan, has his end in the lake of fire.

beloved57

All who come to Christ to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Christians keeper and is a restraint from sinning.

This is what makes the Christian different from the unsaved. This is what makes us witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.

Invalid comments not supported by scripture!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

I expected you to answer me directly. I really wasn't looking for theological language.

OCTOBER23

ROBERT PATE said,

Satan deceives through religion.
If it is your desire to be like God or to know as much as God,
you are a candidate to be deceived.
---------------------------------------------------------
SO ARE YOU ROBERT

Robert Pate

Banned
ROBERT PATE said,

Satan deceives through religion.
If it is your desire to be like God or to know as much as God,
you are a candidate to be deceived.
---------------------------------------------------------
SO ARE YOU ROBERT

I don't think so.

I do not desire to be like God, nor do I try to know all that God knows.

We only know what is revealed to us in the scriptures.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Satan deceives through religion. If it is your desire to be like God or to know as much as God, you are a candidate to be deceived.

Adam and Eve bought the devils lie that if they ate of the tree in the midst of the garden they would be as God's knowing good from evil. Of course it was lie and caused them to lose their relationship with God and their home in the garden, Genesis 3:4-6.

It appears that Adam and Eve wanted to be like God and know as much as God. It is Satan's purpose to lead one into religion. To lead one into religion is to lead one into themselves. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. It is subjective. The Gospel is not subjective, it is objective (outside of us).

The whole purpose of religion is to cause one to lose faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ and to make the Gospel of no effect. In the doctrine of Calvinism it is taught that Jesus is not the savior of the whole world. So, we must conclude that God and Jesus made a deal with the devil wherein Jesus would only atone for the sins of some, but not all. That is not the worst. The worst is predestination. God chooses some to salvation and condemns the rest to hell. That is a real faith killer. How can anyone have faith in a God such as this?

In the Catholic religion, which is highly subjective and is works based, there are a multitude of things that you must do to be saved. Catholics are busy, busy, doing their religion. Catholics are basically doing in their flesh what God has already done in Jesus Christ. They are trying to reconcile themselves to God by their works. The Eucharist is nothing more than an attempt to be like Christ. Instead of trusting in Christ they are trying to be like Christ.

The Gospel is a really, really simple message. It is so simple that many are offended by it.

All that Jesus Christ is and all that Jesus Christ has done, or will do, is ours by faith alone. That's it! Do you believe it? Not many do, they want to add something to it. In Jesus Christ we have been, sanctified, justified and redeemed, That's it! When God accepted Jesus into heaven, we were accepted in him, That's it! God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ", That's it! All that God requires of you is that you believe in his Son Jesus Christ, plus nothing.

Paul said to the Corinthians, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so you minds should be corrupted through the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

I have no faith in your Satan God, my faith is in the true God. Satan is a cigar butt!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I have no faith in your Satan God, my faith is in the true God. Satan is a cigar butt!

But he said to them, "I was beholding Satan himself who fell like lightning from Heaven."

God has already won. The good news is that Satan/evil has not triumphed. WILL not triumph.