The Two Gospels and Adoption, the Basis of Eternal Security

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul said:

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If it is not established as the schoolmaster to lead men/woman to Christ; how is it established? We know it is not made for those in Christ. Anyone want to answer this?

The law is a part of the gospel..it should be taught to the sinners so they can repent.

Bait n switch, changing the subject, which is your on record argument:

"the ONE gospel"-GP

Translated: Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 here, since there is just one the gospel, "the ONE gospel:"

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where." Luke 9:6

No other option.

graceandpeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceandpeace
Paul said:

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

If it is not established as the schoolmaster to lead men/woman to Christ; how is it established? We know it is not made for those in Christ. Anyone want to answer this?

The law is a part of the gospel..it should be taught to the sinners so they can repent.

John W:

I am not changing the subject, no matter how bad you want it to look that way. Paul said makes it clear that the law was established. We know it is not established for us; it was only made for sinners as it says in His word.

Now, will you tell me what it is established for; if it is not for the purpose that His word says it is ...even Paul said it is to lead people to Christ. Did Paul teach another gospel by proclaiming it's purpose and by using it as such? Did Jesus, when He sent out the 12 for the same purpose, to preach the message of repentance, through the law?

You have been proven wrong, and all you can do is shout these ad hominems at me...guess what? I know you are sincere...but, you are sincerely misled.

God will stand true...and, so will Paul that said and did the same as Jesus.

graceandpeace

The law is holy, just and good.

Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death.

Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Paul summed it up nicely. It did it's ordained PURPOSE.

Just as it did when Jesus sent out the 12.

You reject truth, if you reject this.

john w

Hall of Fame
and this:

Gal 3:21 Is] the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Paul rightly taught we are not under once we are in Christ; but he still established it as part of the gospel, as he said in rom 3...for whom it was made..to lead people to Christ. It is apparant that God sent the 12 out to lead a people to repentance:

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Did Paul change this?

No, he used the law too..for that same purpose.

"the ONE gospel"-GP

Translated: Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 here, since there is just one the gospel, "the ONE gospel:"

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where." Luke 9:6

No other option.

john w

Hall of Fame
The law is holy, just and good.

Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death.

Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Paul summed it up nicely. It did it's ordained PURPOSE.

Just as it did when Jesus sent out the 12.

You reject truth, if you reject this.

"Just as it did when Jesus sent out the 12.

You reject truth, if you reject this."-GP

Translated: I, GP, since I assert just one "the gospel" "the ONE gospel," assert that "Jesus" sent out Judas to preach 1 Cor.15:1-4:

No other option.

john w

Hall of Fame
John W:

I am not changing the subject, no matter how bad you want it to look that way. Paul said makes it clear that the law was established. We know it is not established for us; it was only made for sinners as it says in His word.

Now, will you tell me what it is established for; if it is not for the purpose that His word says it is ...even Paul said it is to lead people to Christ. Did Paul teach another gospel by proclaiming it's purpose and by using it as such? Did Jesus, when He sent out the 12 for the same purpose, to preach the message of repentance, through the law?

You have been proven wrong, and all you can do is shout these ad hominems at me...guess what? I know you are sincere...but, you are sincerely misled.

God will stand true...and, so will Paul that said and did the same as Jesus.

Nope-more emotional ramblings, due to that joint you are smoking.

"the ONE gospel"-GP=your argument. I stay on topic, and quote your own words.

No other option.

Good pot?

john w

Hall of Fame
Your rude remarks about me smoking pot should get you banned..in my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion, Oprah. And you should be banned from teaching any one, as you pervert the gospel of Christ. IMHO. So there. You taught me that- I learned that from you. ROFLOL. Wink.....tootles.....and all that kid stuff.

graceandpeace

Thanks for your opinion, Oprah. And you should be banned from teaching any one, as you pervert the gospel of Christ. IMHO. So there. You taught me that- I learned that from you. ROFLOL. Wink.....tootles.....and all that kid stuff.

teaching that the law is a tool to bring people to Christ, is perverting the gospel? OK...I guess Jesus and Paul were perverted, too....all in all, I have to go with my own conscience on this, and that is what I will do.:wave2: