There Are No Rules In War?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
From your link :
Convention I:*This Convention protects wounded and infirm soldiers and medical personnel against attack, execution without judgment, torture, and assaults upon personal dignity (Article 3). It also grants them the right to proper medical treatment and care.

That seems pretty comprehensive, and doesn't just depend on your dismissal of the word torture.

I don't believe anyone has dismissed the word torture, what is being argued is whether waterboarding is torture by definition. Most folks, 59% of them say no.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
You make the claim you must back it up, where is your proof? A declaration is empty without proof.

I see Resodko posted for you...there was one part you missed in the article though:

"But it seems pretty clear we executed these men for charges that far surpass concerns about waterboarding."

there were far greater atrocities committed against the allied forces by the Japanese than waterboarding, in fact waterboarding is rather benign in comparison.

aikey's just parroting the leftist spin

he doesn't really care about the facts behind it, he's only interested in seeing if it can get traction

predictable, really :idunno:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
From your link :
Convention I:*This Convention protects wounded and infirm soldiers and medical personnel against attack, execution without judgment, torture, and assaults upon personal dignity (Article 3). It also grants them the right to proper medical treatment and care.

That seems pretty comprehensive, and doesn't just depend on your dismissal of the word torture.

"assaults upon personal dignity" ??? :freak:

my personal dignity would be offended if I was detained, so if i'm captured the bad guys hafta let me go :p

and my personal dignity would be offended if i didn't get a bag of fritos and a can of pepsi with every meal

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
From your link :

Give us an example of how you would go about interrogating a mass murdering terrorist (who is not part of any standing army) without making him feel uncomfortable (which is torture in the minds of liberals).

gcthomas

I don't believe anyone has dismissed the word torture, what is being argued is whether waterboarding is torture by definition. Most folks, 59% of them say no.

The word torture seems to mean different things to different people, but whatever you call it waterboarding is forbidden under American and international law.

musterion

What does this have to do with whether or not they hold themselves, and are held, to a higher standard?
You are the equivalent of an armchair Brit in the 1700s who insists the infantry square is not only militarily but morally superior, even in the face of Colonials going guerrilla. The difference is, they would do it out of a stupidly antiquated sense of honor. You do it because you want U.S. soldiers handicapped against fighters who YOU KNOW have neither rules, morals nor honor.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
"assaults upon personal dignity" ??? :freak:

my personal dignity would be offended if I was detained, so if i'm captured the bad guys hafta let me go :p

and my personal dignity would be offended if i didn't get a bag of fritos and a can of pepsi with every meal

Good question, being GC believes this list to be a comprehensive one than maybe he can define "assaults upon personal dignity" for us. Seems like a rather broad brush term.

gcthomas

Give us an example of how you would go about interrogating a mass murdering terrorist (who is not part of any standing army) without making him feel uncomfortable (which is torture in the minds of liberals).

Neither of us are interrogation experts, so I can't answer you and you are not fit to judge my answer either.

However, the CIA interrogation experts seemed to have concluded that their methods were more effective than the torturing of prisoners that happened when they were overruled.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The word torture seems to mean different things to different people, but whatever you call it waterboarding is forbidden under American and international law.

Please show me where? I have not seen any documentation to that effect yet, and no it was not forbidden under American law in fact it was sanctioned & authorized by American lawmakers (republican & democrat) for use. It has only now been demonized as unlawful by Obama & the same left wing ideologues that authorized it 10 years ago. Please show me your proof that waterboarding is illegal under international law though.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither of us are interrogation experts, so I can't answer you and you are not fit to judge my answer either.

Yet one of us is abhorred at the thought of professional interrogators not being nice to mass murdering muzzies and the other one of us knows that they have a very important job to do.

However, the CIA interrogation experts seemed to have concluded that their methods were more effective than the torturing of prisoners that happened when they were overruled.

Being that their interrogation techniques have resulted in getting vital information about an international terrorist network and because of that, both of our countries have little to no terrorist attacks, I'm ok with CIA interrogators not being nice to mass murderers.

ThisIsIslam.png

gcthomas

Yet one of us is abhorred at the thought of professional interrogators not being nice to mass murdering muzzies and the other one of us knows that they have a very important job to do.

You have that the wrong way round. It wasn't the professional interrogators that were doing the torture.

Being that their interrogation techniques have resulted in getting vital information about an international terrorist network and because of that, both of our countries have little to no terrorist attacks, I'm ok with CIA interrogators not being nice to mass murderers.

You have that the wrong way round. The CIA's experts objected to the waterboarding and other torture being brought in by people with no expertise in interrogation. Their interrogation techniques were only used after the waterboarding was stopped and proper, effective techniques were reinstated.

You seem to like the torture for its own sake, regardless of whether it was effective or not. The CIA experts said 'not'.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have that the wrong way round. It wasn't the professional interrogators that were doing the torture.

Waterboarding is an effective way of extracting information from terrorists. I know it really bothers you liberals when mass murderers are made to feel uncomfortable gc, I do hope that you don't lose any more sleep over it.

You have that the wrong way round. The CIA's experts objected to the waterboarding and other torture being brought in by people with no expertise in interrogation. Their interrogation techniques were only used after the waterboarding was stopped and proper, effective techniques were reinstated.

You seem to like the torture for its own sake, regardless of whether it was effective or not. The CIA experts said 'not'.

Let me rephrase that for you:

CIA officials that were CYA'ing in front of a Congressional hearing said that waterboarding...

There, that's better.

Ok, now let's get to the gist of it:

What isn't considered torture in the la la land world of liberals?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is what that pervert and his demonic witch companions on TOL want.

al-qaeda executions

You vile disgusting pervert. You have nothing to say about islam. But you rail on about waterboarding. Go to hell. And take that demon pig annabendetti, rusha, thebarbarian and others with you.