toldailytopic: Are there many paths to God?

not4sure

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 22nd, 2013 06:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nope, ya can't get there unless Jesus carries you there.

False Prophet

Broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many are there that go therein; narrow is the road that leads to life, and few are there that go therein. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and life; nobody comes to the Father, except through me."
The Rishis said, "We have a desire to know, . . . " The Rishis were God conscious. They never heard of Jesus.
Ro 2[14](for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves; 15in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts,
I am not God, so I can't send people to hell. Maybe there is a way for those who died before coming of Christ to approach God. Job was upright and blameless before God, before the Law came through Moses. With my religious beliefs, I have to say that you have to know Jesus in order to be saved; but I can not make other people's decisions, and it is not my decision who deserves eternal life.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
NO :nono:

You may be OV, CV, MAD, yet I know saved persons who do not know any of these terms, nor much theology. That path is knowing Jesus, He IS salvation! There us NO other way! All paths eventually lead to Christ, anyone saved, knows this to be true.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 22nd, 2013 06:00 AM

No. Saying there are many paths to God is like saying there are many forumlas for diamonds. There is only one formula for diamond--Carbon atoms covalently bonded to one another producing a three dimensional network solid. Each carbon atom is bonded to four other atoms throughout a crystal lattice forming the hardest known substance. There are many other substitutes that look like diamonds, but they are not diamonds nor do they have the properties of diamonds. Likewise 'alternative paths' are no substitute for Jesus. They will not save, even though they look good on the surface.

Acts 16:31 gives the simple formula that gets you to God.
So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Interesting question yet easy in the sense that every life is lived uniquely so every path is different. Do they all intersect at Jesus? I would have to say no simply because billions have lived and died in ignorance of anything to do with Christianity and I do not believe God either sent them all to hell or extinguished them.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

You may be OV, CV, MAD, yet I know saved persons who do not know any of these terms, nor much theology. That path is knowing Jesus, He IS salvation! There us NO other way! All paths eventually lead to Christ, anyone saved, knows this to be true.

what about all those who have never heard of Jesus?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

This!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

The first step for anyone is to acknowledge the existence of the true GOD and our accountability to HIM.
Psa 19:3
Most have not taken this first step.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

When one bows in submission to this revelation, then GOD will supply the next revelation.

Dena

There are many paths to good, meaningful and purposeful lives. "A path to God" doesn't make sense to me. God is or God isn't. He is everywhere or He isn't anywhere.

oatmeal

Maybe God forgot about them?

Maybe you should tell him that there are some that have not heard of Jesus Christ.

Does God know that some people have never heard of Jesus Christ?

Is God gracious and rich in mercy?

Romans 2:6-16

oatmeal