toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives i

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL.... I think you need medication.

It was funny before it turned on you wasn't it?

I do enjoy making self-righteous people upset.

Funny how most of the so-called negative attention (spite) I get is from women and hate mongers. Oh well, I'll survive.

:loser:

How nice for you that you get to say hateful things without being guilty.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL.... I think you need medication.

It was funny before it turned on you wasn't it?

I do enjoy making self-righteous people upset.

Funny how most of the so-called negative attention (spite) I get is from women and hate mongers. Oh well, I'll survive.

:loser:

How nice for you that you get to say mean things without being guilty of hate mongering.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
There is no "devil". There is only our own willful ignorance, selfishness, greed, lust, stupidity, and rage.

So when Jesus was in the wilderness He was tempted by his own willful ignorance, selfishness, greed, lust, stupidity, and rage?

PureX

So when Jesus was in the wilderness He was tempted by his own willful ignorance, selfishness, greed, lust, stupidity, and rage?
Perhaps his own darker nature, tempting him to go a "different direction"? He was a human being, after all.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We weren't given armor for a fashion show.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Love this answer!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives in this day and age?

Yes!
The Devil and his minions work in the 'thought' world.
We typically assume that the thoughts and ideas that rise in our minds originate in ourselves, but I don't believe this is the case. Many thoughts do, but some don't and are suggestions from the enemy.
Ideas arise in the minds of those with influence in the world and they think, "Wow, what a great idea! Aren't I something for thinking of it! I'm gonna' move on that and bring it about!" And all the while they have no idea that they are being used as pawns by the prince of this world, furthering his agenda.
The only safeguard is, as Paul said, "Be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." This comes about first by being genuinely saved and then by soaking up GOD's Word continually.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
No, my brain is intact.

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 8th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives in this day and age?

[/SIZE][/i]

I like how it says "in this day and age" meaning the devil has somehow got weaker or become uninterested in us... not that nobody believes it anymore because it's illogical.

At least you're aware of the statistical differences, sigh... it's progress.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
No, my brain is intact.

I like how it says "in this day and age" meaning the devil has somehow got weaker or become uninterested in us... not that nobody believes it anymore because it's illogical.

At least you're aware of the statistical differences, sigh... it's progress.

When reading the Old Testament you find little written about Satan, or The Adversary, and his direct actions in the world. However, once what is referred to as the New Testament begins we see a substantial increase in his activities. Many will say that it is a direct result of God having become flesh and living amongst His creation.

Satan perhaps saw this as an opportunity. Once the Gospel accounts end and God no longer is dwelling upon the Earth we see a return to non-direct activity as we saw in the Old Testament.

So Knight's question isn't about people no longer believing in the "boogeyman" but rather a recognition that some people, as a result of reading about Satan's activities in the Gospel's, are too eager to attribute almost anything and everything to "the forces of darkness". What others have pointed out is that the Bible itself on several occasions tells us that we are the causes for so much of the evil in this world. Yet people will blame Satan if they get stuck at a red light on their way to church or claim that the "devil made me do it" when they have done something they shouldn't have.

IMJerusha

Hello Stan! I would be happy to be one who doesn't follow suit. Of course, it doesn't mean we'll always agree but I can't help that. I can promise, however, to disagree without being hateful. Okiedokie by you?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
His ploy now is to not rightly divide the word of truth. That was what Paul said. If even an angel from heaven ads to his gospel, let him be accursed.

StanJ53

Hello Stan! I would be happy to be one who doesn't follow suit. Of course, it doesn't mean we'll always agree but I can't help that. I can promise, however, to disagree without being hateful. Okiedokie by you?

Okie Dokie Annie Oakley. ;)