toldailytopic: Dream jobs. If you could have any career in the world, what might some

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

Author

Guide for hikers/white water rafters
NFL/NBA/MLB majority team owner
Hotel/resort owner
Video game tester
Teacher
Supreme Court justice
Professional snowboarder
Photographer

Which is why I should be an author. That way, I can be anything I want :chuckle:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seriously.... I would like to own and operate either a small dirt race track or a ice hockey rink.

:thumb:

Any chance you would call it - Lakeside Speedway II

:checker:​

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I spent a long time in printing. I liked it, but needed a change.

So I went to funeral director. I was well suited to it and really liked it.

Then disabled/retired.

Chaplaincy since early 1979 and on going. I have a passion for those we serve at the retirement/healtcare center; no it's not a career, but as long as the Lord needs us I (we) will continue.

Now if I could have a dream job, there are two, postal inspector or road grader operator.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 6th, 2010 09:22 AM

toldailytopic: Dream jobs. If you could have any career in the world, what might some of your choices be?

Astronaut
Photographer that gets to travel the world

That might be about it. There was a time when I would have said something in the financial markets industry, but I don't think that would be true anymore.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As a kid I wanted to be: (in order)

1-Centerfielder for the San Francisco Giants
2-Astronaut
3-Architect
4-Computer genius

Hmmm...I didn't end up doing any of these things. :noid:

Considering I'm a CS major, part of me does want to put something related to that on it. Perhaps something related to AI programming or some CS related research. Or something more mundane - a self-employed internet programmer.

I'd like to commandeer Paul Krugman's NYT column and write about real economics and conservative/libertarian political/cultural commentary.

Disney imagineer.

drummer for some awesome prog metal band.

mythbuster.

satire writer for the Onion.

TOL webmaster.

Mythbuster! :thumb: At least when the show started. It has lost some of its luster.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
A neurobiologist working for Xansa in the design of neurocyberonics, who sells top scientific secrets with Zorach, but is intercepted by federation command and sentenced to be shammed (all memory erased, the effect makes you a moron) then sent into time prison, back to this time, as a babbling idiot. However, the shamming does not take full effects and soon I regain all my genetically engineered super intelligence and knowing all the future, makes billions on betting then become the ruler of the world past. I then invent a time machine and using a primitive nuclear technology, destroy Xansa

Last edited:

Selaphiel

Minister (which is what I will be)
Army chaplain
Criminal investigator working with forensics
Writer
Cookie Monster's personal assistant

MrRadish

A neurobiologist working for Xansa in the design of neurocyberonics, who sells top scientific secrets with Zorach, but is intercepted by federation command and sentenced to be shammed (all memory erased, the effect makes you a moron) then sent into time prison, back to this time, as a babbling idiot. However, the shamming does not take full effects and soon I regain all my genetically engineered super intelligence and knowing all the future, makes billions on betting them become the ruler of the world past. I then invent a time machine and using a primitive nuclear technology, destroy Xansa

Omega?

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Yes, Omega is in the story too, not OMEGA:plain:

I wanted to be a writer as a girl and I wrote a few novels; the one about the man from the future was a bust and one similar to 1984 and brave new world also did not sell. I wrote a later novel that was quite different and again it did not do well. I tried, that is what is important, you can live knowing you failed better than not ever trying; what makes people like Stephen King?

When I was younger yet, I wanted to be a veterinarian, mainly for livestock, but pets too.

Had I been born a generation earlier, I might have liked being a psychoanalyst. I would have had to live is a big city. :vomit: Maybe Baltimore?

I might have liked being a rancher on a large scale were it would be a full-time job.

What I did end up doing as a career was right up there with my top picks. I was determined and a bit lucky. :think:

Krsto

Owner of a charter yacht business in the Mediterranean, or maybe America's Cup skipper.

Adventure/Dude Ranch operator on the coast in Costa Rica.

Author of Inconveniant Bible, a book to radically change the way Evangelicals think.

What Rick Steves does.

Architect with a world-renowned project - that I get to live in.

Pilot for Air Force One.

Ambassador to either Montenegro, Ireland, New Zealand, or some tropical island nation that was a former Dutch colony with pastel colored houses on a narrow platueau overlooking the ocean and other islands.

A Greek Orthodox monk.

That's just for starters . . .

zoo22

Rock Star, successful fine artist, or film director.

:plain:

Those are pretty much the only things I've ever really dreamed of being, except a designer, which I am. So I'm okay with that. :)

But there are lots of things I think I'd enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.