toldailytopic: Has Obama done a good job so far in his second term in office?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
ht_2_barack_obama_satan_history_channel_thg_130318_wblog.jpg

Black guy in a hoodie is every white racist's idea of the devil, I guess.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Demonizing people with whom one disagrees, is usually a tip-off of more serious issues.

It never pays to hate one's enemies. Not only is it corrosive to one's soul, it's likely to mislead one about their intentions

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Just the facts as I see them, you don't have to agree.

Everyone has an opinion. Just pointing out that demonizing people one hates is a bad idea.

Who said anything about hate...

Anyone who equates a person to the devil. About as hateful as one can get, assuming that one actually believes there is a devil. Maybe not so much for an atheist.

As I said, that kind of demonization is corrosive to one's soul, and also makes one easy to fool.

Not a good practice.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Everyone has an opinion. Just pointing out that demonizing people one hates is a bad idea.

Demonizing and hatred are two different things, I may have expressed my opinion of this man as a demon but, hatred for him? not so much, it takes too much energy to hate.

Anyone who equates a person to the devil. About as hateful as one can get...

I guess that is a matter of opinion now isn't it?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

Demonizing and hatred are two different things, I may have expressed my opinion of this man as a demon but, hatred for him? not so much, it takes too much energy to hate.

It does. And you're putting far too much energy into it. For a Christian, there couldn't be anything more hateful than to equate a person to the devil.

I guess that is a matter of opinion now isn't it?

If you're so tied up in it that you can't acknowledge the good and the bad in a person, I'd say you were putting too much energy into hatred.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that some people are evil?

All of us have a propensity to sin. Which is evil. All of us have evil within us. All of us have good within us. Some have more or less than others. Unless it causes harm to others, that is between each of us and God.

Do you believe that some people are doing Satan's will?

Every person who sins does Satan's will. I don't see the point.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
the person who sins, the person who does Satan's will, the person who causes harm to others - is it just to refer to that person as a devil, or a son of Satan, or Satan?

What did Jesus call Peter when Peter was channelling Satan?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From Soetoro's perspective, he has done a great job. He turned the small Carter-Clinton recession into a depression and shed trillions from the economy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Only those outside of Christ would claim Satan to have a disheartening appearance. That includes horns, goats, upside down stars, a pitchfork....

2 Corinthians 11

14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

Ezekiel 28

13You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. 14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. 15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:
Black guy in a hoodie is every white racist's idea of the devil, I guess.

When I saw that scene, I assumed the person playing the devil was hispanic.

Kind of a racist bifecta, um? BTW, "Hispanic" is capitalized.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It never pays to hate one's enemies. Not only is it corrosive to one's soul, it's likely to mislead one about their intentions

Demonizing people with whom one disagrees, is usually a tip-off of more serious issues.

I would think that lacking discernment to the point of total failure to recognize evil is a much more serious issue.

How do you know that the people who cast that movie actually meant to equate Obama with the devil? They might have been unconsciously stereotyping black people with evil, and never reflected on the choice. Or it could be that they just randomly chose someone who happened to look black and a bit like Obama. Much of the evil seems to me, to be from those assuming things, not necessarily evil people casting the film. You assume too much, here.

Hatred never serves God; hatred is weakness and failure. It is born of fear and doubt.