toldailytopic: Has Obama done a good job so far in his second term in office?

IMJerusha

How do you know that the people who cast that movie actually meant to equate Obama with the devil? They might have been unconsciously stereotyping black people with evil, and never reflected on the choice. Or it could be that they just randomly chose someone who happened to look black and a bit like Obama. Much of the evil seems to me, to be from those assuming things, not necessarily evil people casting the film. You assume too much, here.

I think the assumption is yours. I had no clue that picture was from a movie. I just figured the pic on the left was a sort of demonic portrayal of Obama...and a pretty good one, I might add.

My comment, "I would think that lacking discernment to the point of total failure to recognize evil is a much more serious issue." was directed at anyone who doesn't see the Democrat platform for what it truly is.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Demonizing people with whom one disagrees, is usually a tip-off of more serious issues.

9 Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10 and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
My comment, "I would think that lacking discernment to the point of total failure to recognize evil is a much more serious issue." was directed at anyone who doesn't see the Democrat platform for what it truly is.

So a self-indictment, then. Cool.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In case a Grammar Nazi happens to read your forum post?

I don't think it's grammatical.

And then, call you a racist because you didn't capitalize your own ethnicity?

I'm wondering if you're a bit hypersensitive about it. No one called you a racist. Far as I can see, no one suggested you were a racist. Not everyone is out to get you.

Awesome, I'll make sure to put that parenthetical comment every time I have to check "Hispanic" under "Race" on forms.

Guess what? "Asian/Pacific Islander" and "White, not Hispanic" aren't races, either. If your point is that bureaucrats can be idiots, yeah, that's true enough. BTW, you're allowed to self-identify on those forms. If you want to be "Martian", you can.

rexlunae

It's a little early to tell, isn't it? Not a lot has happened. His trip to the Middle East seems to have been a success, and he's gotten through a number of important cabinet nominations have been made and confirmed. And given the pronouncements of certainly folks that he's "lazy", I'd say he's still giving the bigots fits, which tells me he's doing a few things right.

eameece

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 22nd, 2013 05:00 AM

He's doing better. He's standing up to the Republicans, and got a tax increase out of them. He's pressing his luck now, trying to get more revenue. He should give up on that for the moment, and try to restore as many of the sequester cuts as he can, especially the domestic ones.

His diplomacy both in DC and abroad is better, and he has a more active Secretary of State. I hope he is pulling back on the drone attacks, after the drilling he and his CIA nominee got from critics. He is letting a chance for a new ally slip away by not sending arms to Syrian rebels. If he doesn't act in time, this could be a black mark for him. Iran and North Korea are difficult challenges, not to mention how to deal with the Israeli land grabbers while still satisfying their supporters.

Not having a congress he can work with, he can't accomplish very much at home. His statement on guns "they deserve a vote" was great. He's trying to go out to the people and organize support for his initiatives, which is the only way they can get anywhere. He needed to campaign against the Tea Party Congress and didn't; now he's stuck. Maybe he'll have better luck in 2014.

rexlunae

He's doing better. He's standing up to the Republicans, and got a tax increase out of them.

Technically, that was last term. But it is good progress.

He's pressing his luck now, trying to get more revenue. He should give up on that for the moment, and try to restore as many of the sequester cuts as he can, especially the domestic ones.

I don't think he should relent on that. It's his main counter-demand to the GOP demand for budget cuts, and they're still demanding that. I don't think he'll get higher rates, but he might get a few corporate tax breaks cut.

The GOP recently tried to repeal the reform of the federal student loan program, which saved money by lending directly to students instead of going through private banks, essentially paying banks to work as intermediaries. So, under a sequester, and demands for further budget cuts, the GOP demanded to divert $61 billion from student loans into corporate welfare in the next decade. But the President's golf game is going to break the bank. How they still manage to convince people that they're the party of fiscal restraint is a mystery to me.
http://thinkprogress.org/education/...ly-support-repeal-of-student-loan-reform-law/