toldailytopic: Has Obama done a good job so far in his second term in office?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
It seems it's difficult to refer to the president or criticise him without bringing up his race, somehow I succeed?

Affirmative action programs are not limited to race, nor to blacks.

I was edged out of admittance to medical school many years ago because I was the wrong gender

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If someone says the word lazy in political context they're just not talking about inaction.

According to who? You? You are a mind reader now?

Indeed, because they had to drop the word "black" from lazy black man apparently means nobody realises who they're talking about.
I dont see the word black there, i see lazy, so it seems to me you inserted that word in YOUR OWN mind, which makes YOU racist, since you think lazy only applies to black men.

Obama is not black anyway, hes mixed, so you made quite an imaginative post.

But if you know two hard working guys, one black and one white and one is relentlessly called lazy - then? I used to be casually racist as a kid and teen, and I know that just because you can't say it in public there aren't ways to point it out surreptitiously.

Then you agree that the term lazy to refer to a race is your construct based on your own racism in your youth.

Clearly a free pass, I mean nobody would dare argue about a race card, eh? I like how you turned it around and said I'm racist, while apparently being over-protective of the same race I apparently hate...

Out of context? That's your problem, my whole point was about context.

Bush never got called lazy (even though he has tortoise-like in his tenure as president), nobody asked for Bush's birth certificate or college reports (or whatever Americans call them)...

I didn't pull a race card and say that anybody who dislikes Obama is racist, I hate the president on the substance of his policy-making, however to call him lazy is either ignorant or racially charged.

Whether you accept my claim here, you must be pragmatic in conceding its past use, I don't think you're a bigot although the right-wing is riddled with them, I would not presume such a thing.

It seems it's difficult to refer to the president or criticise him without bringing up his race, somehow I succeed? I wonder why that is.

I appreciate your participance brothers and sisters.

Obama is lazy plain and simple and you can say its for any reason you like in a propaganda way, but like it or not, he really is lazy by the very definition of the word.

You are who brought up race. says more about you than anyone else, we said he was lazy.

So is his lazyness the black part or the white one since you still think that word means race.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Frederick the Great once observed that the lazy and brilliant officer is the perfect Commander, the diligent and brilliant officer is the perfect exec, the lazy and stupid officer does no harm and is suitable for routine duties.

It is the stupid and energetic officer who causes all the trouble, he said.

Reagan was also often assailed for his lack of dilligence. But he was, like Obama, the perfect CEO. He got things done mostly by having others do it.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Obama is not black anyway

Your enthusiasm to label him something other than black is quite suspect to say the very least.

Angel4Truth said:
Obama is lazy plain and simple and you can say its for any reason you like in a propaganda way, but like it or not, he really is lazy by the very definition of the word.

Then you'd also accept Bush as lazy? And what evidence do you base your criticism of indolence upon?

"by the very definition of the word" - yet again, the problem lies in your convenient naivety.

There are many, many things to criticise Obama for... laziness is not one of them, and you're right - I am not a mind-reader, otherwise proving the stereotypical reference in the term would be a lot simpler to illustrate.

It's too late for intransigence, wait until I've woke up and had breakfast if you don't plan on answering my questions that can be quantified. My opinion that something was racist was due to the fact that it's so widely used and there was no other inspiration for such a comment, I never claimed it was 100% racist I gave an option out many times because I hesitate to rely upon the subjective, I use the term hesitate loosely.

Thank you again for reading.

Quincy

anyone who thinks obama is lazy is an idiot. hes accomplished alot of his agenda, agree with him or not. to say he hasnt is rather ignorant.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Your enthusiasm to label him something other than black is quite suspect to say the very least.

Your refusal to admit he is part white is suspect imo

Then you'd also accept Bush as lazy? And what evidence do you base your criticism of indolence upon?

"by the very definition of the word" - yet again, the problem lies in your convenient naivety.

There are many, many things to criticise Obama for... laziness is not one of them, and you're right - I am not a mind-reader, otherwise proving the stereotypical reference in the term would be a lot simpler to illustrate.

It's too late for intransigence, wait until I've woke up and had breakfast if you don't plan on answering my questions that can be quantified. My opinion that something was racist was due to the fact that it's so widely used and there was no other inspiration for such a comment, I never claimed it was 100% racist I gave an option out many times because I hesitate to rely upon the subjective, I use the term hesitate loosely.

Thank you again for reading.

Wow im lazy sometimes, so i must be black according to you and racist against myself. (again since you insist laziness only means black, then youre the real racist)

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
He's not as black as Herman Cain, either in terms of skin tone or American experience wrt his heritage

Ah, the old "not a slave so not black"

http://newsone.com/1551065/rush-limbaugh-herman-cain-black-president/

Your refusal to admit he is part white is suspect imo

I'd love to see where I refused to admit he's part white? Or is that part of conversation now? A list of things you are expected to say to represent something?

Wow im lazy sometimes, so i must be black according to you and racist against myself. (again since you insist laziness only means black, then youre the real racist)

What kind of logic is this? Non-sequitor, I'm not going to waste my time on this, try again.

Look on the bright side! Credo Quia Absurdum... you may be right!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Ah, the old "not a slave so not black"

well, it is fun to watch liberals heads explode when I inform them that Bammy's white ancestors (Irish immigrants in the 1800s) likely faced more racial discrimination than his black father in Hawaii in 1960

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
well, it is fun to watch liberals heads explode when I inform them that Bammy's white ancestors (Irish immigrants in the 1800s) likely faced more racial discrimination than his black father in Hawaii in 1960

My head is quite intact I assure you, nor do I disagree - yet I find it quite interesting to see what you did with the years.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
:noid: what did I do with the years?

You compared the situation with 1800 Ireland with 1960 America's attitude towards blacks.

Take your state for example, now compare 1800 Ireland with 1800 America... 1825 America.... 1850 America... 1875 America... 1900 America... 1925 America...

I'm ambivalent about 1950 being equal to Ireland, 1925... likely comparable.

Being attached to at least half of the Irish land, I care quite deeply for the history and injustice of my guiness producing siblings..

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
You compared the situation with 1800 Ireland with 1960 America's attitude towards blacks.

sorry x - didn't realize you weren't murkin

I spoke in shorthand most murkins would have understood

let me re-write that bit

well, it is fun to watch liberals heads explode when I inform them that Bammy's white ancestors (Irish immigrants to America in the 1800s) likely faced more racial discrimination in America, which had a history at that time of opposing waves of immigrants, than his black father in Hawaii in 1960, because Hawaii has a background that has no significant African slave experience, had just become a state and has always had very progressive views along with a native population that was darker skinned than Europeans

IMJerusha

anyone who thinks obama is lazy is an idiot. hes accomplished alot of his agenda, agree with him or not. to say he hasnt is rather ignorant.

Oh wow, a lefty who finally admits that Obama has an agenda and knows full well what he's doing to the country. Of course, Governor Beshear believes that Kentucky is full of uneducated hicks. He and his wife said, “we do believe education is the answer to so many of Kentucky's problems.” I don't know why he's complaining....those "hicks" put him in office.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's probably hard for some people to accept that a person like Obama could become president by a vote of the people. It's likely even harder to accept that he's been successful in many things as president, the most recent the reconciliation of Israel and Turkey.

But it's actually kind of entertaining to watch the sour denials.

not4sure

ht_2_barack_obama_satan_history_channel_thg_130318_wblog.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
It's hard for people to accept that a person like Obama could be elected president.

I'm part Irish myself. Just noting the obvious.

The situation was actually pretty similar. There is pervasive resentment by descendants of the original Hawaiians against whites and other groups associated with the annexation of the Islands.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-inform...se-all-issues/2009/fall/prejudice-in-paradise

While there was pervasive economic and social discrimination against the Irish in the Northeast, there was little attempt to prevent them from voting or owning property, or even starting their own businesses. And they weren't prevented from starting their own schools.

All of which allowed them to eventually prosper.