toldailytopic: How does God handle babies when they die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

assuranceagent

I'm inclined towards the view that babies die in innocence and are therefore welcomed into the presence of God. But since I have no scripture that explicitly states either way, I can't offer that answer on any authority but my that of my own twisted logic.

some other dude

Well, strikes me as there's two options here. Either God is loving or God is cruel and capricious. Which do you think?

:think:

This is a quote from the movie "The Prohecy". Christopher Walken as Gabriel:

Gabriel: I'm an angel. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

some other dude

No, actually all newborn babies stand in opposition to his argument because sin is missing the mark, by definition, and there is no mark that a newborn, stillborn, or aborted fetus could possibly even aim for. They have no ability to sin because they have no ability to disobey God since there is no "mark" which anyone could apply to them.

If you (SOD) think a newborn is a sinner worthy of judgement please tell me what sin did he commit?

I'm waiting . . . tick tick tick . . .

Being born human. :idunno:

andyc

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Nuff said.

Anyone who thinks that any babies go to hell, is a very twisted individual.

some other dude

You are the one who is arguing with Paul, SOD. You make him out to say all men are born sinners because of Adam's sin. Please read it more carefully. Death passed on to all men because all men have sinned, but I ask again, what sin has a newborn committed or could possibly commit? Does it say sin passed from Adam to all men? Again, read what it says. It says death passed on. Death is the penalty for sin, as it says later, "The wages of sin is death." Death is what is earned as a result of sin and that is what is passed on from Adam. It's not sin, it's the penalty for sin. Isn't that what it says? Why are you arguing with Paul and saying sin passed on to all men?

If death is the penalty for sin, then non-sinners don't die, right?

some other dude

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Nuff said.

Anyone who thinks that any babies go to hell, is a very twisted individual.

How about those who see contradictory messages in scripture about the issue?

Does it make you feel good to call them twisted too?

Arthur Brain

This is a quote from the movie "The Prohecy". Christopher Walken as Gabriel:

What does a film quote have to do with anything? If there's a God up there who consigns billions of the unborn, babies and infants to eternal suffering then that is one unbelievably cruel and twisted deity. As the bible states that God is love then nuff said.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What does a film quote have to do with anything? If there's a God up there who consigns billions of the unborn, babies and infants to eternal suffering then that is one unbelievably cruel and twisted deity. As the bible states that God is love then nuff said.

do you think anyone believes that?

"there's a God up there who consigns billions of the unborn, babies and infants to eternal suffering"

andyc

How about those who see contradictory messages in scripture about the issue?

Does it make you feel good to call them twisted too?

Yes, because its the truth.

Psalms 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.

some other dude

What does a film quote have to do with anything?

Nothing Arthur. Absolutely nothing at all. I don't know what I was thinking. :doh:

If there's a God up there who consigns billions of the unborn, babies and infants to eternal suffering then that is one unbelievably cruel and twisted deity.

Yes, you're right. You understand the workings of the universe better than God.

As the bible states that God is love then nuff said.

And yet, that same "God is love" rained brimstone and fire upon entire cities, full of men, women, children and babies and destroyed all life on earth, man, woman, child and baby save those in the ark.

Nuff said.

some other dude

do you think anyone believes that?

"there's a God up there who consigns billions of the unborn, babies and infants to eternal suffering"

If you believe in imputed sin, then there would have to be a hidden mechanism for the salvation of the young.

Does the Catholic Church perform infant baptisms? If so, why?

At what age does the Catholic Church say that children are able to sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.