toldailytopic: How does God handle babies when they die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Even the children and babies? Burning them in torment with fire and brimstone is merciful?

Dude, that's twisted.

Judgement from God is swift, and he says in his word that he does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked. Far better for an innocent babe to die physically in innocence, than to walk in the steps of wicked parents.

Whether you know it or believe it, there are demons in this world, and when people are so given over to evil they become subject to these spirits. Until Jesus came there was no way to remove the demonic influence. It would be better for the world to remove what had become rotten.

some other dude

And you're welcome to yours also. Where you see literalism I see allegory but that's a rabbit trail best left to other threads on the topic.

It may look like I pick and choose to you but you're simply wrong on that score. I don't embrace anything simply because it has surface appeal else I'd have done so years ago.

Do you also consider as allegory other parts of scripture that describe a vengeful, violent, cruel God?

It's cruel on both counts.

Cruelty abounds in scripture. Consider Job's wife and children.

Because you whine like a baby when I throw it back at you. :idunno:

some other dude

Judgement from God is swift, and he says in his word that he does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked.

We're not talking about the wicked. We're talking about burning to death children, infants and babies.

Far better for an innocent babe to die physically in innocence, than to walk in the steps of wicked parents.

Ahh, then you're a pro-abort.

It would be better for the world to remove what had become rotten.

Rotten children, infants and babies?

bybee

Where is that in scripture? Where in scripture does it say that imputed sin is conditional?

Through Adam our standing before God has been tainted. But I believe that when a baby comes before God for judgment his/her lack of volitional sin is a deciding factor in the judgment.

There is so much more to God, Horatio, than you or I have ever imagined!

God is more than the Bible.

some other dude

If you're arguing from a Calvinist perspective then you've no real business arguing as you are really. Your position rests on babies being condemned because they've not accepted God doesn't it? Calvinists believe that babies can be saved regardless as long as they're part of the 'elect'.

Looks like you're better versed in the Calvinist view too. :idunno:

I'm making arguments based on scripture that I have seen others make here, some of whom have identified themselves as Calvinist.

Again, if you don't like my argument, counter it with scripture, not emotion.

some other dude

Through Adam our standing before God has been tainted.

That's a mild way of putting it. According to Paul, through Adam we have become as filthy rags, worthy of death.

But I believe that when a baby comes before God for judgment his/her lack of volitional sin is a deciding factor in the judgment.

Yes, that would be nice.

bybee

That's a mild way of putting it. According to Paul, through Adam we have become as filthy rags, worthy of death.

Yes, that would be nice.

A question, does it explicitly state anywhere in Scripture that babies will be burned in everlasting torment?
How would God get away with burning babies when He expressly forbids the sacrifice of children to the God Molech?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If the baby is baptised, s/he goes directly to Heaven. If not, the Holy Church tells us, we must entrust him or her to the mercy of a loving and compassionate God.

some other dude

I've got to go, but will come back later.

Meanwhile, does anybody wish to present the Catholic view on imputed sin, infant baptism and other related issues?

For that matter, are there any Calvinists out there who can do a better job than I with presenting the Calvinist view?

And I know we have Baptists out there. What do you guys think?

some other dude

If the baby is baptised, s/he goes directly to Heaven. If not, the Holy Church tells us, we must entrust him or her to the mercy of a loving and compassionate God.

But God isn't always loving and compassionate, is He?

And the infant baptism - can we discuss that further when I come back?

bybee

I've got to go, but will come back later.

Meanwhile, does anybody wish to present the Catholic view on imputed sin, infant baptism and other related issues?

For that matter, are there any Calvinists out there who can do a better job than I with presenting the Calvinist view?

And I know we have Baptists out there. What do you guys think?

I'm an Episcopalian and I don't care what they think.
God is Love.

some other dude

A question, does it explicitly state anywhere in Scripture that babies will be burned in everlasting torment?
How would God get away with burning babies when He expressly forbids the sacrifice of children to the God Molech?

I really do have to run, but consider this:

sinners go to Hell forever, correct?

Sin entered into all mankind, indeed, the world, through Adam's sin, correct?

well, that wasn't as clear as I wanted.

Catch you later.

Arthur Brain

why don't you and Nang get that resolved
and
then get back to us

Why don't you stop spamming threads? There ain't gonna be any resolving as that would either require Nang to reject Calvinism or for me to embrace it. There's no chance of the latter and probably a similar percentage for the former. Now, did you have any actual point to make or were you just trolling around?

andyc

We're not talking about the wicked. We're talking about burning to death children, infants and babies.

You don't understand. When nations were completely given over to evil, it was a moral condition that could not be salvaged before the cross of Christ.

Ahh, then you're a pro-abort.

No.

Rotten children, infants and babies?

No, innocent victims of a totally depraved society. Once the nation had become so evil, the land had to be cleansed. The babies themselves were not evil, but they were a physical product of a depraved people given over to demonic immorality.

Arthur Brain

Do you also consider as allegory other parts of scripture that describe a vengeful, violent, cruel God?

Depends on whats under question

Cruelty abounds in scripture. Consider Job's wife and children.

And? Were they cast away by God? Nope. Would it be resolved? Yep.

Because you whine like a baby when I throw it back at you. :idunno:

You cowardly little troll. What the hell do you know about losing a child or seeing someone you love go through the agony of losing a baby? You're not even man enough to address the ramifications of your own position. What a :loser:

Arthur Brain

Looks like you're better versed in the Calvinist view too. :idunno:

I'm making arguments based on scripture that I have seen others make here, some of whom have identified themselves as Calvinist.

Again, if you don't like my argument, counter it with scripture, not emotion.

It would appear so because plenty believe that babies can be saved as long as they're part of the elect. If you've overlooked that you've not done much homework...

1 Tim 4:10

That would cover all babies, the unborn and infants as well I imagine.

:e4e:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He will do whatever is right, and never what is wrong.

My best guess is, he will offer them to be with him. And I think there are those that say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.