toldailytopic: Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

theophilus

Anti-Christ who will lead even the very elect astray.

Matt. 24:24

It will NOT be possible to deceive the elect.

See Matt. 24:22.

Keep that in your heart. God will not allow His elect to be deceived, especially when His purpose is to bring them into Christ's glory.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I can't disagree, but I'm happy with English and the King James Bible, it's all I need. I see no reason to introduce Greek, Latin or Hebrew in my studies, I study enough in English to keep me filled with the word. To each his own, have fun knowing 3 different languages to say the same thing.
:up: You are once again in agreement with what saith the scripture to us!

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

That's a great place to be 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:up: You are once again in agreement with what saith the scripture to us!

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

..except that's not what the verse is meaning, at all :plain:

DavidK

Probably not, unless there is an extreme social reform, and society is moving in the complete opposite direction.

The fact of the matter is that Christianity is in the beginnings of being taken under siege. Christianity is probably going to soon be spending too much time enduring the onslaught to really have any thought of revival.

It's just a cold, blunt truth- the sooner it is acknowledged, the more Christians can be prepared.

Isn't that exactly when revival happens? Why would the Church revive when it is comfortable and can still deceive itself into believing that the government, business, and culture around it are "Christian"? When we are once again bizarre to the world and the world is become bizarre to us, then we have a chance of living in this world, but not as if we are of it.

The Church revives and the harvest comes during times of persecution and trouble, not comfort and public enfranchisement.

hoghead1

That's very true. I think that to be truly Christian is to be truly revolutionary. If you take the Bible at all seriously, it would appear God is the greatest status-quo shaker-upper ever.

Aimiel

God is able to bring revival at any time. All it takes is for just a tiny little spark of His Spirit to inspire someone to pray, speak or even just raise their hand and He can cause men to fall upon the ground, weeping and repenting. When the Welsh Revival was going strong, sports stadiums and bars closed, because people were going to church, praying, worshipping or studying their Bible rather than drinking or taking part in any pastimes. God can do anything. Thinking that He is dead, disabled or even the least bit hampered by mankind's sin is silly. Jesus said that evil men and seducers would wax worse and worse towards the end and they are; but it won't prevent Him from starting a movement. His Spirit is alive and those who love Him are close to Him and when He wants revival: it shall happen. :thumb:

Historylass

I would say not only is general revival possible in the Western Church, but it’s likely to happen. There have been many times throughout history when Christianity seems to be dying. And yet it remains. And one reason why it remains is that often, when Christianity seems most weak, there is a revival. Not only do those revivals help Christianity continue to grow, but they also develop a new passion and focus. I would argue that the new passion and focus that revival brings is exactly what it needs to survive at that period of time - and it is what is needed now for Christianity to survive into the future.

newbirth61

BANNED
Banned
To revive is restore from a dead or unconscious state... The Church is the body of Christ therefore not dead or unconscious.Perhaps it's those who think that they are part of the body of Christ who needs the revival. If we understand that the Church is the body of Christ and not everyone who say Lord Lord, only then can we appreciate that the Church needs no revival. However the harvest is ripe and we need be up to date with technology to spread the word.As done by this forum.
The church is alive and well, members of the church must revive those who are are asleep or dead...