toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 29th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

The answer is no.

Cases of justifiable killing:
1. Self defense.
2. The person is a Murderer, Rapist, Pedophile or Kidnapper--to be punished by Governing Authorities.
3. In a war scenario.

In cases where it is not justified:

1. Terminating an unwanted unborn child.
2. 'Putting someone down' because they are disabled.
3. Assisted Suicide.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
What semantic fun. Helps with the circular reasoning.

It hinges on justice :idunno:

for example:

Jeffrey Dahmer killing his victims? Unjust

The State of Wisconsin executing Jeffrey Dahmer for his crimes? Just

If it's still unclear I can use finger puppets :p

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it was always wrong, how could it possibly ever be necessary? What an idiot thing to say from a gigantic hell bound fool. He probably means murdering children he might not want to take care of.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Words mean things.

in barbie's case, they mean whatever he wants them to.

for example, you mentioned "words" in the above

Using barbie's reckoning, you therefore have "attacked" words :chuckle:

Don't even get me started on Texas legislators and Washington Post correspondents :darwinsm:

bybee

You can do whatever you want. That was never the issue. Even the criminals do whatever they want. But then how are you any different from a criminal?

The idea I disagree with is the idea that the sins of others somehow justify our own. When Jesus came upon the adulteress he didn't dispute her guilt. But he did point out to those who sought to punish her for her sins that they were guilty of plenty of sins of their own. And by this reasoning he stopped them from carrying out their intended punishment.

God has not appointed us to judge, condemn, or punish anyone else. In fact, He denied us this 'privilege' so long we are still guilty of our own sins. And who among us is not guilty of our own sins?

If we are mandated, and we are, to preserve life in the womb because it is a gift from God then it follows that my life is sacred and I have a mandate to preserve my self from destruction.