toldailytopic: Ohio High School Shooting: what can we learn from this tragedy?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He can't, and he won't.

This is really upsetting. A new low.

You guys enjoy this thread all you can, I for one have seen more than enough of it.:nono:
Granite is going to ceremoniously stomp right on out of this thread. Mumbling as he goes...

"the nerve.."
"monsters.."
"I am beside myself..."
"how dare they..."

:wave2:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And what I mean is (in case I wasn't clear, which I'm often not) that people blame the wrong thing.

It is the school's fault for not noticing the warning signs.

It is the parents' fault for not being supportive enough while the child grew up.

It is the fault of the peers for bullying and teasing.

It is the government's fault for not passing strict enough gun laws.

It is society's fault for not having enough programs for troubled youth.

It is EVERYONE'S fault except the person who actually pulls the trigger.
BAM! BINGO!! :first: POTD

WizardofOz

she broke up with him and later began dating one of the boys who was shot.

She dated shooter
She broke up with shooter
She began dating one of the boys who was later shot

You took this as the shooter being gay? :AMR:
Honest mistake I guess......:plain:

GuySmiley

Granite is going to ceremoniously stomp right on out of this thread. Mumbling as he goes...

"the nerve.."
"monsters.."
"I am beside myself..."
"how dare they..."

:wave2:
He'll be back. He completely forgot to mention the Christian obsession with sex.

Yes I think the media will focus on the bullying and no blame will be placedon the shooter. How long will it be until there is a memorial and someone will want to include TJ in it?

If it does turn out the kid was bullied, that shouldnt be ignored either, but so far it sounds like his broken heart turned him into a murderer.

WizardofOz

Yes I think the media will focus on the bullying and no blame will be placedon the shooter. How long will it be until there is a memorial and someone will want to include TJ in it?

If it does turn out the kid was bullied, that shouldnt be ignored either, but so far it sounds like his broken heart turned him into a murderer.

Blaming the shooter is fine and correct. The problem is the pattern we've seen in recent years. These school shootings keep happening. Blaming each shooter individually is fine, but eventually we have to ask ourselves why the hell this keeps happening so that the next shooting may be prevented if at all possible.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Blaming each shooter individually is fine, but eventually we have to ask ourselves why the hell this keeps happening so that the next shooting may be prevented if at all possible.
Maybe it's because we devalue human life.

We teach kids they can kill babies.
We teach kids that they are no different than animals.
We teach kids that we evolved from slime.
We teach kids that there are no eternal consequences to our actions.
We teach kids that every personality flaw we may or may not have, is no fault of our own.
We teach kids to have no respect for authority.
We teach kids to have no personal responsibility.
We teach kids that the criminal is the one to get positive attention while the victims are generally ignored.

WizardofOz

Did you see his fruity picture with the teddy bear? I'm guessing we will find out he was a fruit.

You're being a bit hypocritical. You rightfully honor VC's post where he states we should blame the shooter alone for his actions, but in this thread you are also trying to blame homosexuality.

Aren't you trying to play this both ways despite absolutely zero evidence of this kid being gay?

A picture of a boy with a valentines Teddy bear? That is your evidence? He had a girlfriend. Isn't that evidence that he was straight? Stop with the agenda for just a moment and actually look at the evidence, and in your case, the lack thereof.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're being a bit hypocritical. You rightfully honor VC's post where he states we should blame the shooter alone for his actions, but in this thread you are also trying to blame homosexuality.
:rotfl: If he were gay... it wouldn't be as if homosexuality were a third party.

Aren't you trying to play this both ways despite absolutely zero evidence of this kid being gay?
I'm just discussing stuff. This isn't a formal trial. TOL is a discussion forum, we discuss stuff.

If you don't like discussing stuff, then don't.

A picture of a boy with a valentines Teddy bear? That is your evidence? He had a girlfriend. Isn't that evidence that he was straight? Stop with the agenda for just a moment and actually look at the evidence, and in your case, the lack thereof.
First off... a lot of goth kids are gay, and apparently he was goth. Secondly, no normal boy takes a gay picture with a teddy bear and posts it on the internet. :flamer:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Blaming the shooter is fine and correct. The problem is the pattern we've seen in recent years. These school shootings keep happening. Blaming each shooter individually is fine, but eventually we have to ask ourselves why the hell this keeps happening so that the next shooting may be prevented if at all possible.

:up:

Blaming the shooter is fine and correct but that doesn't mean we can't look at the reasons and steps that led to the shooting and how others may have played a role.

But ignoring personal responsibility and legislating everything else isn't the answer, on the flip side.

WizardofOz

:rotfl: If he were gay... it wouldn't be as if homosexuality were a third party.

That isn't evidence of his being gay causing him to murder.

I'm just discussing stuff. This isn't a formal trial. TOL is a discussion forum, we discuss stuff.

I am more than happy to discuss it. That's what we're doing.

First off... a lot of goth kids are gay, and apparently he was goth. Secondly, no normal boy takes a gay picture with a teddy bear and posts it on the internet. :flamer:

Uh, Valentines day? You look at that picture and see a gay kid? Ok, now reconcile that with the fact that he had an ex-girlfriend. Still think he is gay?

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Maybe it was from his girlfriend and she wanted him to post it or something. :idunno: