toldailytopic: Ohio High School Shooting: what can we learn from this tragedy?

Grutch

:rotfl: If he were gay... it wouldn't be as if homosexuality were a third party.

I'm just discussing stuff. This isn't a formal trial. TOL is a discussion forum, we discuss stuff.

If you don't like discussing stuff, then don't.

First off... a lot of goth kids are gay, and apparently he was goth. Secondly, no normal boy takes a gay picture with a teddy bear and posts it on the internet. :flamer:

Perhaps that TeddyBear was a gift to the girl?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Get your kids out of the public schools!

Kids need to be instructed in the ways of God (Deut 31:12,13; Pr 22:6).

[Wait for God's Peace Colossians 3:15-17 In Touch Magazine] "Many believers use a sense of peace as a sign for determining the will of God in their lives. However, this may not be enough evidence to verify that our decision lines up with the Lord's plans. Whose peace are we experiencing? Sometimes our sense of tranquility can be attributed to our own satisfaction with the choice we have made.

Today's passage talks about letting "the peace of Christ rule in your hearts" (v. 15). This kind of settledness originates from Christ and is the umpire that judges whether your decisions fit with God's will. The word peace means to be bound or woven together in harmony and oneness. So to have God's peace about a matter means your decision must be aligned with His will. The only way to determine this is by comparing your thoughts and choices with His Word. Are you thinking the same way He dos? Did you make your decision using scriptural principles on your own human understanding?

One of the reasons we often make choices without the guidance of Scripture is because we want a quicker method for finding an answer. The Lord doesn't just pour His thoughts into our brain without our cooperation. He mold us gradually, day by day, as we read the Word and let is truths sink into our mind...Building steadily over time is the only way to internalize a foundation of God's truth. With His instructions as your basis, you can make decisions with confidence, knowing you are following His will. Then you'll have a sense of oneness with the Lord, and His peace will guard you way."

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
What can we learn from the Ohio HS shooting?

What can we learn from the Ohio HS shooting?

.22's can kill you just as dead as any other round, especially from close range.

Our society is going to hell in a handbasket.

Whatever that means.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So far, we see more evidence that kids who grow up in violent and abusive homes tend to be violent.

Anything else at this point is mere projection.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
The problem and the solution can be found here.

Here are the pictures that I linked to:

The Problem

studentbomb.jpg

The Solution

debomb.jpg

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite is going to ceremoniously stomp right on out of this thread. Mumbling as he goes...

"the nerve.."
"monsters.."
"I am beside myself..."
"how dare they..."

:wave2:
I'm surprised there wasn't a :yawn: in there somewhere.

eameece

The shooter was bullied. The shooter had an abusive father. The shooter ranted on Facebook. The shooter was placed in an alternative school for "at risk" kids and bussed there everyday from the public high school. The shooter was goth. The shooter was gay.

What do you suspect will be the lesson we are supposed to learn (from the media) for this tragedy?

We keep having these incidents all the time. We never learn that we need more gun control in this country. People on TOL certainly won't.

eameece

And what I mean is (in case I wasn't clear, which I'm often not) that people blame the wrong thing.

It is the school's fault for not noticing the warning signs.

It is the parents' fault for not being supportive enough while the child grew up.

It is the fault of the peers for bullying and teasing.

It is the government's fault for not passing strict enough gun laws.

It is society's fault for not having enough programs for troubled youth.

It is EVERYONE'S fault except the person who actually pulls the trigger.

How about all of the above, including the shooter.

And there's no way he would be left off the hook by the law, should he still be alive.
(I dunno if he is...) Nor should he be.

JPPT1974

Praying for the families of those students and adults killed or wounded. As you would think that we would learn from Columbine or VT for that matter. But sadly this ain't the first, nor afraid it won't be the last time. As guns that are handled very foolishly and sefishly leads to hurt and pain to the victim and their families.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What we can learn from this tragedy is this:

1)Sin affects everyone
2)Since God was removed from public schools, So was His protection of those within. I can't think of one school shooting before prayer was banned in public schools but i can think of several that have happened since then.
3) Bullying is out of control in public schools because of the lack of morality.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We keep having these incidents all the time. We never learn that we need more gun control in this country. People on TOL certainly won't.

Guns have been available in this country for a very long time, the mass school shootings is a new thing.

Its not about Gun control, if guns were controlled, it would make only the criminals have them.

Does drug control keep people from buying them and having them? no

Dena

I haven't watched the news so I don't know the details. I read through this thread so far and I have to say it's disapointed. This isn't a joke. These children are dead. I don't think it's funny to make jokes or accusations about anyone involved.