toldailytopic: Pet peeves. What are some of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can't stand it when people write "of" instead of "have." Don't they know the difference between a preposition and a verb?

That's the way have things, Jack. I of learned not to pay it any mind. :poly:

Add vicious small dogs to my list...often carried by strange women...and carny folk, of course.

Cracked

Self-righteous people, some ultra conservatives and ultra liberals, and tailgaters - especially tailgaters. :bang:

Arthur Brain

Town Heretic....what? :plain:

Can openers that don't open cans without 27 minutes of applied force.

Draught excluders that blow away in a draught...

The X factor

Inferior cavity wall insulation

Adverbs

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town Heretic....what? :plain:
What? :plain:...oh, thought you...never mind.

I hate people waving at other people who are next to or behind you...then they give you that look when you start to wave back. I find the best way to deal with it is to begin a conversation with them anyway and walk along doing that for a bit...until mall security shows up.

I also hate mall security. :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Retail business and their employees that don't know basic manners. They try which is better than nothing. Yet they miss the concept of "you're welcome".

Arthur Brain

What? :plain:...oh, thought you...never mind.

I hate people waving at other people who are next to or behind you...then they give you that look when you start to wave back. I find the best way to deal with it is to begin a conversation with them anyway and walk along doing that for a bit...until mall security shows up.

I also hate mall security. :plain:

I can think? wait......:plain:

In addition I hate it when I wave to someone who I think I know and which then transpires not to be that person after all....

Son of Jack

I don't like it when my waitress or waiter are over-zealous about filling up my drink...last night, every time I took a sip of my sweet tea, she refilled the drink...:cheers:

I also don't like it when my server disappears for the length of the entire meal...

Ahhh, the Golden Mean...

fool

Hall of Fame
Slip on shoes that don't.
Wrinkle free pants that aren't.
Warm beer.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Most of mine have to do with driving.

People who don't try to move towards the center of the road when making a left turn and you can't get by them.

People who don't go around people making a left turn when there is room to do so.

People who leave like 3 car lengths between them and the car in front of them when stopped at a red light.

People who don't turn right at a red light when it is legal for them to do so.

People who creep along at a snail's pace when going through a parking garage. They act like they've never parked before. Just find a space and pull into it!!

And, of course, people who go significantly under the speed limit.

That's about all I can think of now.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Cashiers who not only fail to count change back but also insist on putting coins on top of the bills.

Cars that are parked over the line in a parking space.
Those are both good. :up:

People who continue to talk on the phone to you although they really have nothing to say.

I have a similar one. People who try to start a conversation when you are trying to leave work. I just want to leave!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another pet peeve . . .

No explanation needed.​

Last edited:

The Graphite

Hypocrites

People who seemingly are uncapable of answering simple, direct questions. It's like they have all kinds of great answers to questions I never asked them.

People who put party before principle.

People who worship human institutions like the Constitution, as if a man-made process matters more than the Bible.

Calvinists who inflict their destructive "doctrine" on innocent people, wrecking lives and twisting people's hearts against God. I know they are well-intentioned, but you know what they say about good intentions...

Bad drivers, including:
.. slow in the fast lane when people are passing them on the right (MOVE OVER!)
.. people who turn at an intersection in the far-left turn lane, only to immediately cross EVERY lane of traffic b/c they have to turn right at the very next intersection. HUH?

WizardofOz

toldailytopic: Pet peeves. What are some of yours?

My biggest pet peeve has always been self-loathing/whining.

Whoa is me. My life is sooo bad.

Count your blessings you big baby.

.. slow in the fast lane when people are passing them on the right (MOVE OVER!)

Yes! That ranks up there for me.

I drive fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.