toldailytopic: Pet peeves. What are some of yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder's Muse

Cashiers who not only fail to count change back but also insist on putting coins on top of the bills.

Oh, yeah...this one gets me too....

I also dislike bad customer service (and can be quite vocal about it).

Tailgating and not giving way (can you see my car, man?).

I hate repeating myself.

Rude people (it simply stuns me just how rude people can be)

People who are judgemental and closed minded.

Dog poop.

Son of Jack

Most of my pet peeves involve things that I do quite a bit. So, I'm pretty much annoyed with myself most of the time.:plain:

Son of Jack

I've heard it said that the faults we see most clearly in others are the ones which mirror our own. ;)

Which explains why me and my 3 year old son butt heads so often and why me and my little daughter get along so well. Most people say he is like me in look and personality, and my daughter is much more like my wife in the same way.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Baloney! People who are full of it.

People who are put-ons, phoney people, all liars. I do not mind ignorant persons, not too much, if they are honest. I can deal with fools and crazies, to a point, but I cannot abide liars and braggarts.

I agree with much that has already been posted, no sense repeating it. I do, however, like dogs. ;)

MacGyver

People who ask me what my pet peeves are.

Seriously though, I live in Indiana, and everyone pronounces "height" as if it ended with an "h", so when they say it it ends with a "th" sound like in "birthday". This also goes for all the OTHER mispronounced words in Indiana, such as Warshignton, or sherger (sugar).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
People who ask me what my pet peeves are.

Seriously though, I live in Indiana, and everyone pronounces "height" as if it ended with an "h", so when they say it it ends with a "th" sound like in "birthday". This also goes for all the OTHER mispronounced words in Indiana, such as Warshignton, or sherger (sugar).

Do they also say "sherbert" instead of sherbet?

MacGyver

Do they also say "sherbert" instead of sherbet?
Yes! :mmph:

People who insist on saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.
There ARE people who don't celebrate Christmas, you know.

People who make posts like this. At least it is worthy of mocking.

"I quote the bible when necessary...(forget exact verse)...[the rest of this quote]"
On the other hand, posts where a thousand Bible verses are quoted is also very annoying. I don't mind if you quote the Bible, people, but keep it to the minimum please.

Also, I don't like it when the names of everyone in an immediate family start with the same letter(s).

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Loud cellphone talkers at restaurants or the store.

People driving slow in the fast lane.

People who don't use turn signals.

Cashiers who not only fail to count change back but also insist on putting coins on top of the bills.

People who use the motorized carts in the grocery store who don't actually need them.

People who have American jobs but can't speak English.

Cars that are parked over the line in a parking space.

Parents who won't control their brats in public.

People who continue to talk on the phone to you although they really have nothing to say.

this is kinda scary, I agree with you on every one of those.

I'll also add -
Leaving cabinet doors open.

Asking me the same question more than once as if the answer is going to change.

People that think they are better than other people because they have a membership card.

People that try to tell me how to do my job when it's quite obvious they have no clue.

Panhandlers.

lucy

Ok, I actually posted this already in another thread, but it didn't go very far. This thread is more appropriate.

One of my pet peeves is when you are shopping somewhere like Wal-Mart and somebody's kids are running all over the place or actually playing soccer or tossing a football in the aisles.

I have a cousin who was in a store where there was this kid running all around, so when he ran by her about the third time, she stuck her foot out and with a shocked look on his face, tripped and fell. She said told him "Wow, how did that happen? Running in a store is kinda dangerous huh?" ... I would not recommend doing that, but it sure made me chuckle. How many times have you wanted to do something like that when a bratty kid runs by you in the store?

I had a kid come up to behind me in a grocery store once (he was about 5 or 6 years old) and he slapped me on my behind and ran off!!! I did chase that kid down and chewed him out for that. Can you imagine? What are parents teaching (or NOT teaching) their kids today?

What do you think should be done about bratty, unaccompanied kids in the store?

lucy

Oooo and here's another related pet peeve. Parents who let their kids play in the front yard who are way too young to be out in the yard right near the street. Sometimes they will have older siblings with them, but the ones I have seen are paying little or no attention to the little one because they are involved in their own game.

I saw some kids in their front yard playing, none of whom were more than 3-5 years of age, and there was no one watching out for them. I stopped my car, got out, and asked them if their mom knew they were out there. They said that she did not. So I told them to get back in the house and go play in their house or back yard, it was not safe in the front yard right next to a very busy street. I guess my "teacher" voice was too much to resist because they did just what I asked ha ha! I felt a little weird having to do that though. In a way it was none of my business, but in another it is everybody's business to protect young children. I should have spoken to the mom, but I didn't.

elohiym

One of my pet peeves is people who call themselves Christian while they deny the deity of Christ.

The Graphite

One of my pet peeves is people who call themselves Christian while they deny the deity of Christ.

The street evangelism ministry I used to work with called those people Jesusians.

They believe in some guy named Jesus. A man. Not the Christ, not the annointed one of God, Creator of the universe, etc.

The Graphite

Great. Now I have a name for my pet peeve--Jesusians.
Jesusians are certainly a pet peeve. As are churchians.... people who think they are Christian because they go to a church. Like it's a hobby or something.

Sadly, America has no shortage of Churchians and Jesusians.

Status
Not open for further replies.