toldailytopic: SYRIA vs. ISRAELI. Who is in the right? Should the US get involved?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: SYRIA vs. ISRAELI. Who is in the right? Should the US get involved?

Israel.

Yes, if needed.
But not to negotiate, or try to make "nice"; but to fight against the enemy.
Israel has the right to protect itself from terrorists. All through its history, Muslim nations have been trying to nibble away Israel's land. Fighting against the terrorists is also protecting US interests as well. Israel and the US do have a common goal. Together they are stronger.

Christian Liberty

The Palestinians had all the land in 1948. Didn't they have a right to defend their land?

Israel is continuing to expand into Palestinian land now. Don't the Palestinians have a right to defend themselves?

This is more complex than you guys are making it out to be, and terrorism is primarily a problem here BECAUSE the Middle East is frankly ticked off about our unwavering support for Israel and intervention in their affairs. This isn't about our freedom.

America needs to stop reaching into hornet nests. Its going to get stung. And indeed, it has been.

Israel clearly started this war, let them finish it.

How in the world is Israel bombing Syria when Syria never attacked Israel, and is dealing with a rebellion in their own country to boot, an act of self-defense?

Last edited:

Christian Liberty

If you bless Israel you are blessed and if you curse her, you shall be cursed.

I didn't "Curse" Israel, I said we shouldn't support their aggression. If Israel were committing genocide would you still be quoting that passage in that context? I'm not saying that what they are doing is to that extreme but my point is that bad actions should be opposed no matter who is doing them. You can't proof text like that.

Second of all, almost certain that passage was just talking about Abraham. There are at least two nations that flat out attacked Israel (Which is a LOT more than I'm advocating) and were blessed for it (Assyria and Babylon.) Granted, those nations were later destroyed for their own wickedness, but God sanctioned their attack on Israel because Israel was acting wickedly.

By being aggressors against their neighbors, Israel is acting wickedly right now as well.

Jesus said blessed are the PEACEMAKERS. Supporting the aggressors is to completely disobey that command.

The Berean

Did I mention that I support

ISRAEL?

I generally support Israel, however, some of their past actions are disturbing. Israel attacked a US Naval ship, the USS Liberty, in 1967 and killed 34 American sailors. They claim it was an "accident" but the naval personnel on-board the Liberty claim the attack was deliberate. Supposedly, Lyndon Johnson didn't believe Israel's story but officially he accepted Israel's claim of mis-identification.

Then Secretary of State Dean Rusk said this about the attack:

"I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. Their sustained attack to disable and sink Liberty precluded an assault by accident or some trigger-happy local commander. Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/eedition/chi-liberty_tuesoct02,0,43090.story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident#U.S._government_investigations

On another note, I believe Israel has the right to defend it self against its enemies.

Christian Liberty

Again, how is Israel preemptively bombing Syria "Defense"?

Is anyone going to explain that or are we just supposed to accept it as a given?

When you strike first, at the very least, the burden of proof is on you to show justification.

I'm firmly on Syria's side in this one. Israel shouldn't have initiated a conflict. Then again, their allies are the United States, who is better at initiating conflict than anyone else. I'm not surprised.

Of course, 90% of people will probably just accept the "Israel is defending itself" comment without thought. I'm proudly in the 10% that's going to ask.

Dena

The Palestinians had all the land in 1948.

The British had been occupying the area for 30 years. Prior to that, the Turks ruled for 400 years. There were both Arabs and Jews living in the land.

Israel is continuing to expand into Palestinian land now. Don't the Palestinians have a right to defend themselves?

This is more complex than you guys are making it out to be, and terrorism is primarily a problem here BECAUSE the Middle East is frankly ticked off about our unwavering support for Israel and intervention in their affairs.

Other Arab nations have refused to take Palestinians into their land. They do not care. They use them as pawns in their own game and nothing more. Those people are nothing but political leverage.

Christian Liberty

The British had been occupying the area for 30 years. Prior to that, the Turks ruled for 400 years. There were both Arabs and Jews living in the land.

That's not an excuse to continue driving the Arabs out.
Other Arab nations have refused to take Palestinians into their land. They do not care. They use them as pawns in their own game and nothing more. Those people are nothing but political leverage.

Yeah, it is a political game. That's not really Palestine's fault. I'm not really anti-Israel but I don't think its fair to just pretend like the Palestinian problem doesn't exist.

In the immediate term though, Israel bombed Syria. Since nobody has been able to tell me how this is "Defense", I'm going to make the logical assumption that this is just aggression on Israel's part.

Dena

It was a response to your ignorance. It would probably serve you well to read the history of Israel if you want to debate her actions. I don't yet have any confidence that you've done so.

Yeah, it is a political game. That's not really Palestine's fault. I'm not really anti-Israel but I don't think its fair to just pretend like the Palestinian problem doesn't exist.

Israel doesn't pretend there isn't an issue.

Christian Liberty

It was a response to your ignorance. It would probably serve you well to read the history of Israel if you want to debate her actions. I don't yet have any confidence that you've done so.

I don't know as much as I'd like.

Israel doesn't pretend there isn't an issue.

From my understanding, that's true. Its the United States that pretends that its not an issue.

Look, Israel isn't really my problem here. Its like blaming a common drug smuggler for Al Capone. America is the problem here. The USA is enabling Israel to be reckless and get away with it. If Israel wants to bomb Syria, they should not expect any support. And bombing Syria is not "Defense."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i'm not ridiculously pro Isreal

Note how the liberal apologizes for his position because he is affraid to die.

but any country has the right to stop terrorist organisations trying to destroy it from getting chemical weapons and the delivery systems to deploy them.

:up:

Action by Israel is not first strike. Al-queda threw the first punch and has declared they will never quit until the Jews and great satan (USA) are gone.

Also the Assad regime has used heavy weapons its own population at that point they loose all legitimacy as a government.

Not really. The rebels are al-queada. Civil war is the correct term, just not in the manner the media portrays. Al-queada is fighting Iran for control of the islamic world.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

In the immediate term though, Israel bombed Syria. Since nobody has been able to tell me how this is "Defense", I'm going to make the logical assumption that this is just aggression on Israel's part.

The Arabs moved out, those that remained in Jerusalem have not been driven out. That is history

Christian Liberty

Note how the liberal apologizes for his position because he is affraid to die.

Is that a threat?

He may be liberal but at least he's not a Zionist.

:up:

Action by Israel is not first strike. Al-queda threw the first punch and has declared they will never quit until the Jews and great satan (USA) are gone.

No they haven't. That's BS. Have you heard of Michael Schuer?
Not really. The rebels are al-queada. Civil war is the correct term, just not in the manner the media portrays. Al-queada is fighting Iran for control of the islamic world.

Good for them. Who cares?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, he's not going to die.

He lives in the UK, they are even more liberal than you.

Regarding taking Islam seriously, I take them so seriously that I don't want to provoke enemies for no reason.

Yeah, because that worked so well for Bill Clinton when he told the Sudan no in regards to offering him Bin Laden. Don't want to incite them.

There are only a few people on this forum that are dumber than you. And that airhead rainee is one of them. Just let you know where you stand in the scheme of things.