toldailytopic: Tiger Woods. Do you think he is truly repentant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On Easter Sunday I was able to get an unbeliever homosexual neighbor to go to church.

He went to church with our family, sat with us, and we even took him out for bagels after church.
Great. Do you let your friend know that homosexuality is destroying his life? Or do you celebrate his homosexuality?

Well, good luck stopping abortions and convincing Buddhists to be monogamous.

While you're at it, and if you have some spare time, maybe you could stop global warming, wipe out hunger, save whales, end wars, and make mother earth pristine again.
You're embarrassing yourself.

If you really think that being pro-life is the same as saving whales, then you are seriously a sad and pathetic excuse for a person, never mind that you think you might be a Christian.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, good luck stopping abortions and convincing Buddhists to be monogamous.

While you're at it, and if you have some spare time, maybe you could stop global warming, wipe out hunger, save whales, end wars, and make mother earth pristine again.
You might very well big the biggest moron to ever participate on this forum.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're embarrassing yourself.

If you really think that being pro-life is the same as saving whales, then you are seriously a sad and pathetic excuse for a person, never mind that you think you might be a Christian.

Do-Goodism

(Matt 26:11) For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

In the above verse Jesus makes it clear that there will “always” be the poor. Yet all the do-gooders want to wage a war on poverty. It sounds like a noble idea, until you look at it from the Divine perspective.

“Always” means that poverty cannot be abolished.

Matt 24:6-7 says there will always be wars, and nations shall always rise against nations. There are mothers who march on Washington every year or so in the hopes of abolishing war. Well, this, too, is a beautiful thought, because no one really wants to go to war, but no matter how good the idea of abolishing war may seem, the Bible declares that there shall continue to be “wars and rumors of wars.”

Men shall say “peace, peace, when there is no peace” (Jer. 6:14; Mic. 3:5); and “when they shall say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them” (1 Thess. 5:3).

Only Jesus Christ can bring peace (Psa. 46:9; Hag. 2:9), and He will when He returns (Isa. 2:4). Until then, it is utter folly to try to “turn the swords into pruning hooks.”

There are also very altruistic people who are trying to abolish crime by getting rid of guns. Even now, they are attempting to pass gun legislation in Congress whereby guns will be taken out of the hands of law-abiding citizens; and they imagine that this will solve all the problems.

Actually, it will only make it easier for the criminals, and both criminals and crime will increase.

Gun legislation won’t solve anything, nor will world disarmament nor an international court. But all the "do-gooders” have these ideas.

The trouble with all these do-good projects is that they do not line up with the Word of God, even though many times the people are sincere.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
[sarcasm] Yeah... great point! And John the Baptist was an idiot for wasting his time rebuking the wicked. [/sarcasm]

John the Baptist was evangelizing.

Telling Tiger to be monogamous is not evangelizing.

Stopping abortion is not evangelizing.

Do you agree with her statement?

Fighting abortion has nothing to do with being a good soldier for Christ.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Telling Tiger to be monogamous is not evangelizing.

Stopping abortion is not evangelizing.

Do you agree with her statement?
Of course I don't agree!!!

Anyone with half a brain would know that preaching the gospel starts first with demonstrating that the person needs a savior because they are sinning!

2Timothy 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

Your apathy helps to send people to hell.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why did you bother to let him know that?

First off he is an unbeliever.

Therefore, the goal is for him to become a believer.

Technically, he could become a believer and still practice homosexuality (not everyone may agree with this) Or, he could stop being a homosexual and then become a believer, or he could stop being a homosexual and remain an unbeliever.

I see no benefit for him to stop being a homosexual and remain an unbeliever. It may be a beneficial choice for him health wise, and in some other ways, but it would not give him eternal life.

From his perspective the homosexuality is creating a road block for salvation because he thinks that he has to stop being a homosexual first in order to become a Christian. Therefore, the homosexuality is destroying his life because he doesn’t want to give it up for the only thing that can save his life.

I once knew a girl who had lived with a guy for years (they were not married). She said that she would never ever go to a church because they teach that living together is a sin, and she wasn’t going to move out because she loved her boyfriend too much.

So, some people like what they are doing too much, and don’t want to stop doing what they are doing.

I see nothing wrong with letting them know that this sin that they are “enjoying” is destroying their lives.

Some get angry, some say I preach hate, and some get really sad, but at least they are told the truth. I can’t worry about how they are going to react to the truth.

It’s a process, every individual, and every circumstance is always different. There is no blueprint for success. Some repent and become saved in a few weeks, some take years, and some never do it.

thoridorn

Regarding tiger woods and if he really is repentant? Well first of all he said he was returning to bud-ism. Even if he is repentant he needs to ask the real God of the universe for forgiveness before he is cleansed. So no I don't think he's entirely repentant. As marycontrary said yes he is sorry that he got caught. He's an idiot. Of coarse most people aren't sorry until they get caught. It's sad really. What happened to integrity.

sdgareth

Are any of us truly in a position to judge him?

It is a dangerous hobby to throw stones in a glass house

bybee

Well

Well

Are any of us truly in a position to judge him?

It is a dangerous hobby to throw stones in a glass house

To carefully exercise judgment to condemn that which is evil can hardly be called a hobby. How else are the innocent and the vulnerable to be protected in society? peace, bybee

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Unless of course their name is Tiger.

Tiger is an unbeliever mostly because of his Buddhism, not because of his adultery. Until he gives up his false god, he cannot come to Christ.

The homosexual person I took to church on Easter is an unbeliever mainly because he doesn’t want to “give up” his homosexual lifestyle.

Therefore, the homosexuality is destroying his life (keeping him from being saved). Tiger hasn’t said that he doesn’t want anything to do with Jesus because he likes his adultery; he has even said that what he did was wrong. Tiger has to give up his Buddhism first.

Tiger’s adultery, whether he repents from it or not, will not change his unbeliever status.

bybee

For starters

For starters

Who were the innocent and vulnerable in the Tiger issue?

His wife, his children, his mother. I was speaking of our obligation to challenge evil as a standard of behavior in general. We freely choose our role models, so, I think we can learn from this to use caution in our adulation! But I do feel that outstanding athletes are obvious role models in the public eye. It is disappointing when they behave in what society generally agrees is an immoral manner. peace, bybee

Status
Not open for further replies.