toldailytopic: Tiger Woods. Do you think he is truly repentant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgareth

Who were the innocent and vulnerable in the Tiger issue?

Don't get me wrong here I do believe that he caused a mess and he was wrong for what he did. There are always three sides to a story
yours, mine and the truth.

We know what we know through the media

Back to the innocents and vulnerable.
Would I be correct in thinking that the reference here is being made to his wife?

I read that he signed over half his wealth to his wife after he was caught. Did she retain her innocence when she accepted it? Did she retain her vulnerability when she accepted it?

A question comes does come to my mind. Did she truly forgive him
in her heart? Does she truly want to get back together with him for love or because he paid her to?

If she truly loves him and forgives him and truly wants to get back together with him, the money would not have been an issue.

" I think we can learn from this to use caution in our adulation! But I do feel that outstanding athletes are obvious role models in the public eye. It is disappointing when they behave in what society generally agrees is an immoral manner. peace, bybee"

I could not agree more and I further agree that he needs to find Christ to truly repent and find peace with himself and happiness

bybee

First off,

First off,

Don't get me wrong here I do believe that he caused a mess and he was wrong for what he did. There are always three sides to a story
yours, mine and the truth.

We know what we know through the media

Back to the innocents and vulnerable.
Would I be correct in thinking that the reference here is being made to his wife?

I read that he signed over half his wealth to his wife after he was caught. Did she retain her innocence when she accepted it? Did she retain her vulnerability when she accepted it?

A question comes does come to my mind. Did she truly forgive him
in her heart? Does she truly want to get back together with him for love or because he paid her to?

If she truly loves him and forgives him and truly wants to get back together with him, the money would not have been an issue.

" I think we can learn from this to use caution in our adulation! But I do feel that outstanding athletes are obvious role models in the public eye. It is disappointing when they behave in what society generally agrees is an immoral manner. peace, bybee"

I could not agree more and I further agree that he needs to find Christ to truly repent and find peace with himself and happiness

When he married his wife they became one flesh. This means that he shares all that he has and all that he is with her. He did not "give" her anything. By marital agreement it already belonged to both of them. I can only imagine the utter heart-break and disbelief that must have been his wife's response to such devastating revelations of her husbands depraved infidelity. But that is not the sum total of their marriage. It is a portion of their marriage. They have every right to work out their resolution to this portion in their own way and their own time PRIVATELY! Tiger Woods is a great golfer. He is not a great man! peace, bybee

sdgareth

When he married his wife they became one flesh. This means that he shares all that he has and all that he is with her. He did not "give" her anything. By marital agreement it already belonged to both of them. I can only imagine the utter heart-break and disbelief that must have been his wife's response to such devastating revelations of her husbands depraved infidelity. But that is not the sum total of their marriage. It is a portion of their marriage. They have every right to work out their resolution to this portion in their own way and their own time PRIVATELY! Tiger Woods is a great golfer. He is not a great man! peace, bybee

I would like to think that perhaps he will become a better person, if he really chooses to learn from his mistakes. Because through the mistakes we make in our life, we grow.

Metal sharpens metal

He made a mistake, he admitted to it and wants to correct his mistakes.

You will know them from their fruits?

Perhaps a great man he will become?

Who are we to judge that he is not a great man now?

Given the following:

We all make mistakes, every single one of us, but who of us are brave enough to turn around, face them and attempt to correct them publicly? Let alone privately?

bybee

We?

We?

I would like to think that perhaps he will become a better person, if he really chooses to learn from his mistakes. Because through the mistakes we make in our life, we grow.

Metal sharpens metal

He made a mistake, he admitted to it and wants to correct his mistakes.

You will know them from their fruits?

Perhaps a great man he will become?

Who are we to judge that he is not a great man now?

Given the following:

We all make mistakes, every single one of us, but who of us are brave enough to turn around, face them and attempt to correct them publicly? Let alone privately?

I don't know who "We" are, but I know who I am and I judge that by my standards Tiger Woods is not a great man! Nelson Mandela is a great man! I do give Tiger Woods credit for facing up to his transgressions. Time will tell. In any case, my mistakes are not on trial here. The fact that I make mistakes and you make mistakes is not the point. A mistake must be corrected. peace, bybee

sdgareth

I don't know who "We" are, but I know who I am and I judge that by my standards Tiger Woods is not a great man! Nelson Mandela is a great man! I do give Tiger Woods credit for facing up to his transgressions. Time will tell. In any case, my mistakes are not on trial here. The fact that I make mistakes and you make mistakes is not the point. A mistake must be corrected. peace, bybee

Madiba is indeed a great man, South Africa is truly blessed to have him as the earthly Father of our Nation.

The fact that we all make mistakes is a point:
You who are innocent cast the first stone?

On his greatness as a man, how is he going to face his errors and attempt to correct them, if he is not a great man?

Once again, please note my comments do not in any way condone his actions. I am referring to the topic and asking who are we to judge if he has truly repented or not

You will know them by their fruits ?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When he married his wife they became one flesh.

That is correct, but I would also point out that the dumbest thing Elin (his wife) ever did was marry an unbeliever Buddhist.

I have no idea whether Elin was a believer or not when she married Tiger, but the Bible is very clear that believers are not to marry unbelievers.

bybee

A point

A point

Madiba is indeed a great man, South Africa is truly blessed to have him as the earthly Father of our Nation.

The fact that we all make mistakes is a point:
You who are innocent cast the first stone?

On his greatness as a man, how is he going to face his errors and attempt to correct them, if he is not a great man?

Once again, please note my comments do not in any way condone his actions. I am referring to the topic and asking who are we to judge if he has truly repented or not

You will know them by their fruits ?

I have not judged whether he has repented or not. On the face of it, it appears that he has repented. If I were his wife, I would forgive him. ONCE! peace, bybee

sdgareth

You judged his on his greatness, so therefore if he is not a great man how could he not have repented?

You would only forgive him once? If he had 2 billion would you forgive him twice?

Whats the limit to our forgiveness?

Last edited:

bybee

Well

Well

You judged him on his greatness, so therefore if he is not a great man how could he have repented?

If sophistry is your game, I might say that I have repented of eating six cookies and thereby giving myself a stomach ache. And I am quite average. bybee

bybee

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

You judged his on his greatness, so therefore if he is not a great man how could he not have repented?

You would only forgive him once? If he had 2 billion would you forgive him twice?

Whats the limit to our forgiveness?

What is the limit to your asinine questioning? bybee

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 8th, 2010 09:52 AM

toldailytopic: Tiger Woods. Do you think he is truly repentant?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

How much under par would he have to shoot to prove his genuineness? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.