toldailytopic: What does it take to survive on TOL, and can you predict those who wil

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Wisdom, knowing what to say and when to say it. I have been here a year now and have watched. I've done more reading than I have done posting and have made several observations. There are posters that don't blend in and there are posters that do. I will call them the Sore Thumbs and the Assets.

The Sore Thumbs: :down: They have very sharp tongues. They will even attack the Administration. They don't take correction and they will draw a lot of attention to themselves. They are distruptive whiners that often cuss or make vile rude posts. Many of them are thin skinned as well. These behaviors doesn't necessarily favor one particular theology or religion. Many of them are very hot tempered and have tantrums like small children. These folk rack up the bans or some may leave of their own accord. These people over the long run don't survive on TOL.

The Assets: :thumb: These people follow the rules. They are helpful to the Newbies and they show them around the forum. They do debate, sometime heatedly, but they have enough self control not to resort to foul language or namecalling without cause. They support the Administration and abide by their decisions. They also take correction. They are willing to learn from others on how to behave on the board. The most artful posters also belong to this group. They are also even tempered and don't lose their cool. These people will survive on TOL over the long term.
Good post Shermy !! :thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
frightened_zpsecac7ab2.gif

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
man - i coulda used one of those the other day when I was mixing a five gallon pail of roofing tar by hand

took me a half hour

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brilliant list! I know you posted it a long time ago, but thanks for linking me to it. It's something TOL users need to learn. I wonder if we can make a sticky out of it.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brilliant list! I know you posted it a long time ago, but thanks for linking me to it. It's something TOL users need to learn. I wonder if we can make a sticky out of it.

Feel free to just copy the content, modify it to your own tastes, and make your very own sticky if you wish. No need for attribution to me at all.

AMR