toldailytopic: What is the main reason(s) you accept, or reject, God that exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsmiles

So at what part of the Hebrew genealogies are myth? Since we know that many of the historical figures in the genealogies existed, else there would be no Jews, the burden of proof rests on you to show which people in the genealogy were fabricated.

I'm not responding to another one of your posts as long as you keep redacting mine. I have no problem responding to the entirety of any post and I require the same thoughtful intensity in return. If you aren't up to it, don't waste your time reading, let alone responding to, my posts.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
:sigh:

That isn't the point.

elohiym stated to you...

There's probably no "scientific evidence" for many things you believe. Is archeological evidence and eyewitness testimony not evidence enough for you?

If tens of thousands of people witness the Red Sea part, is that not evidence enough that the Red Sea parted and then came back together and drowned a whole bunch of Egyptians?

Possible responses could be....
No. that is not evidence.

Or...

Yes. That's evidence, but it's not compelling for me.

It's bad enough that you guys are morons. It's much worse that we have to hold your hand through every step of a conversation. Don't people know how to think anymore? :(

What his is saying is not evidence, it's a story and he is not offering me anything to back it up.

I just parted the water in the pool at my apartment complex, people saw it, do you believe me?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not responding to another one of your posts as long as you keep redacting mine. I have no problem responding to the entirety of any post and I require the same thoughtful intensity in return. If you aren't up to it, don't waste your time reading, let alone responding to, my posts.
Let me remind you who holds all the cards here. (hint: it ain't you)

Yeah yeah... we can see you learned a new word "redact" and you aren't afraid to use it. :doh:

But please, either participate in the dialog, or don't.

elohiym

If I told you I magically parted the water in the pool at the apartment complex I live in, would you believe me? If I told you other people saw it too?

If tens of thousands of people actually saw it and claimed they saw it, I would? Why would ten of thousands of people conspire to help you create a myth based on a lie? It would be logistically impossible to accomplish.

allsmiles

What his is saying is not evidence, it's a story and he is not offering me anything to back it up.

I just parted the water in the pool at my apartment complex, people saw it, do you believe me?

I was there too Knight. I saw P66 part the water, it's all true.

allsmiles

If tens of thousands of people actually saw it and claimed they say it, I would? Why would ten of thousands of people conspire to help you create a myth based on a lie? It would be logistically impossible to accomplish.

This is a vacuous and facile strawman. You are a dolt and a liar. If you were man enough to engage me on the level I play at you would have even less excuse for trying to perpetuate this trash than you do now.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a vacuous and facile strawman. You are a dolt and a liar. If you were man enough to engage me on the level I play at you would have even less excuse for trying to perpetuate this trash than you do now.
:wave2:

TOL is a place for dialog. If you will not dialog, then you are a useless distraction.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
So at what part of the Hebrew genealogies are myth? Since we know that many of the historical figures in the genealogies existed, else there would be no Jews, the burden of proof rests on you to show which people in the genealogy were fabricated.

The ancient Greeks have genealogies going back to Zeus. The Spartans believed they were descented from Heracles. The Spartans did exist, does that make Zeus and Heracles real?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The ancient Greeks have genealogies going back to Zeus. The Spartans believed they were descented from Heracles. The Spartans did exist, does that make Zeus and Heracles real?
Just answer the question!!!

Is eye witness testimony evidence or not?

Just because something is evidence doesn't mean it's true. Can't you at least acknowledge that it is evidence (even though it might not compel you?)

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
If tens of thousands of people actually saw it and claimed they saw it, I would? Why would ten of thousands of people conspire to help you create a myth based on a lie? It would be logistically impossible to accomplish.

I do live in a pretty big complex. Everyone saw it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I simply answered his question, and explained my answer. That makes me a dolt and a liar?
allsmiles is a waste of time.

The older I get the less interest I have in the stupid word games and rabbit trails that guys like him and granite offer.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Persephone66 are you asserting that eye witness testimony is not evidence?

A Yes or No, should be the first word in your answer.

Sozo again

Persephone... If ten thousand people saw you wearing an original Versace, would that be considered enough evidence that you were in an expensive dress?

el... You've got to come down to their level, if you want to communicate with them.

elohiym

∅2L84U;2214922 said:
el... You've got to come down to their level, if you want to communicate with them.

:chuckle: Yeah, I'm trying with my OJ killed Nichole question.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
So are you asserting that eye witness testimony is not evidence?

A Yes or No, should be the first word in your answer.

Is my eye witness testimony to my own parting of the waters in the pool at my apartment complex evidence? If my girlfriend came on here and said it happened, would that be proof enough?

For something that is supernatural, or at least sounds supernatural, I would have to say no. Especially when it comes from a book with many other supernatural things that there are no proof of. A book that for many generations was passed down orally. How much of the actual event, is there even was one, was removed, altered, embellished and so forth before it was finally put into print?

Status
Not open for further replies.