Trump did better this time...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
but still came up short. He tried to make something out of the various Hunter Biden stories, but it probably hurt him in doing so. From a friendly source for Trump:

Trump certainly did better in the second round than he did in the first debate in Salt Lake City at the end of last month. With tighter rules in place, including the threat of cutting the candidates’ microphones, Trump was far more restrained this time out than he was in the first debate. At the start of the debate, the candidates focused on coronavirus and Trump was able to–mostly–hold his own with Biden.

But then came national security and Trump should have listened to an old rival on his side of the aisle.

While former Gov. Mike Huckabee’s, R-Ark., 2016 presidential bid was a mere shade of his 2008 campaign, he offered a sharp assessment on what Trump needed to do on the debate stage. Appearing on “Fox and Friends” on
Fox News this week, Huckabee said Trump needed to avoid going into the weeds on Hunter Biden.

“It is a mistake because the average person doesn’t understand it, it is too complicated, and, frankly, it doesn’t matter to them,” Huckabee said about Trump’s focus on Hunter Biden. “They care about their health care costs, they care about their taxes, they care about safety and their neighborhood on their block and in their yard."

https://www.floridadaily.com/donald-...ck-is-ticking/

Mike didn't quite get it right. The top four concerns of voters are:
Economy
Health Care
Supreme Court
Pandemic
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/08/13/important-issues-in-the-2020-election/

Hunter isn't even in the top 20. Trump wasted an opportunity. And yes, Trump would have made some points if he had picked at Joe Biden's concern for his son enough to rattle Biden's composure. But he failed to do that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
(chuckle) I wonder how many people even bothered with it. I didn't. I've voted already now its YOUR problem.

Most of the "debate" had a split screen so that you could watch Biden's reactions to what Trump was saying. That's what I was watching for. I wanted to see what Biden responded to and it was worth it, it was telling. If you're bored it's all over YouTube you can find it and watch the whole thing if you want, and there's no end of excerpt videos.

expos4ever

While it is true that Trump came across better, the man still lied over and over. We have become so inured to his pathological, and frankly insane, lying that it no longer elicits the reaction it should. This election not only serves to choose a President, it also functions as a nationwide "Are you a bad person?" survey. Polls now suggest that about 42% of Americans will effectively confess to this on November 3rd.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
While it is true that Trump came across better, the man still lied over and over. We have become so inured to his pathological, and frankly insane, lying that it no longer elicits the reaction it should. This election not only serves to choose a President, it also functions as a nationwide "Are you a bad person?" survey. Polls now suggest that about 42% of Americans will effectively confess to this on November 3rd.

:darwinsm:

Bob Carabbio

Psst!!! I've lived in the U.S. for 78 years, became aware of "elections"about 68 years ago, voted in 'em since 1964, and I'm supposed to have a "Reaction" to a POLITICIAN LYING!!!???

GET REAL. It's always been about choosing the CLEANER END of the TURD.

expos4ever

Psst!!! I've lived in the U.S. for 78 years, became aware of "elections"about 68 years ago, voted in 'em since 1964, and I'm supposed to have a "Reaction" to a POLITICIAN LYING!!!???

GET REAL. It's always been about choosing the CLEANER END of the TURD.
Let's be clear: Donald Trump has brought lying to a new low. He is an awful, awful human being. And we all know it.

Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly has told friends that President Donald Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known.

That is his former chief of staff talking - a man who is more than familiar with the "end of the turd" that is Donald Trump.

That any person would support Trump for re-election testifies to profound intellectual or moral impairment. Period.

Arthur Brain

Let's be clear: Donald Trump has brought lying to a new low. He is an awful, awful human being. And we all know it.

Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly has told friends that President Donald Trump "is the most flawed person" he's ever known.

That is his former chief of staff talking - a man who is more than familiar with the "end of the turd" that is Donald Trump.

That any person would support Trump for re-election testifies to profound intellectual or moral impairment. Period.

Well said that man.

:thumb:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

They've set the bar so low for Trump that his not royally screwing up is turned into some kind of master statesmanship.

Lon

“They care about their health care costs, they care about their taxes, they care about safety and their neighborhood on their block and in their yard.""[/COLOR]
https://www.floridadaily.com/donald-...ck-is-ticking/

Mike didn't quite get it right. The top four concerns of voters are:
Economy
Health Care
Supreme Court
Pandemic
https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...2020-election/

So 'the supreme court" is the 'not quite right?' Why is omitting that particular concern 'not quite right?' While I appreciate the Pew, they don't always get polls
'quite right.' The Supreme Court nominee is a concern regarding family issues too, so I'm not convinced your assessment is 'quite right' either.

Does it make a difference? Well, if we are looking for 'quite' right, it might, otherwise nothing to see here.

It is interesting that there are really important issues to "Trump Supporters" (republicans?) but few 'issues' that Biden supporters are interested in. Can an election based nearly solely on "I don't like Trump" really get him out of office???? :idunno:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So 'the supreme court" is the 'not quite right?'

Crime isn't. Because there's been a rapid and continuing drop in crime for decades, it's not much of a hot button for politicians, anymore. Trump and co. are trying to gin up some fear, but the public mostly isn't buying it.

Why is omitting that particular concern 'not quite right?'

Because Trump's attempts to terrify suburbanites is not working. It's too late; decades too late. I live in a suburb of Dallas. The block has better-than-average houses and yards, with mostly white families, but several black and several Hispanic families. No one is scared of anyone else. Trump's trying to use a dead boogeyman.

It is interesting that there are really important issues to "Trump Supporters" (republicans?) but few 'issues' that Biden supporters are interested in.

Economy, health care, Supreme Court, and the pandemic. Pretty much what Biden's been talking about. You might notice that Biden now edges Trump on the economy.

Morning Consult Poll:
JOE BIDEN
holds a 45-44 edge in who people trust to handle the economy.

Can an election based nearly solely on "I don't like Trump" really get him out of office????

An election based on "Trump botched the pandemic, and killed tens of thousands of Americans while tanking the economy" probably will.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
trump can hold rallies every day and every hour and his lies will never convince me he should remain in office ...